Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OVER 300 when Starting(snail pace)

:hungry: Tell me if you were over 300lbs or close to when you were banded??? let me hear your story I was 340 when I got banded in January and I have had a rough go I am so depressed and tired all the time... Anyhow I weighed 292 today which is up 4lbs from last week! I feel the same I wear the same size as I did before the band! I would love to hear you success... and how long it took..

Hi Klynn,

I was exactly where you are before being banded, and you are doing GREAT. You've lost close to 50 lbs in half a year and that is EXCELLENT progress!! I lost 70 lbs in my whole first year, and continued losing another 50 in my second year. This is the way it's supposed to work, slow and steady and PERMANENT.

Don't worry, you are doing terrifically well. Patience and persistence is how we win this fight!!

Klynn I wanna be where you are. I started at 459 and wear the same size, but looser, more comfortably and looking forward to the next size. It all takes time and take pride in know that you are exercising, drinking your Water and eating right.

YEAH KLYNN, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.......Like Alex said, PATIENCE....:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

hi

Keep the faith.I only started feeling smaller now that I am in the lower 200's and wear size 18/20 (mostly 20's).

I have to work at this and sometimes it really gets me down a lot.The point is I hate feeling defeated about this.....I allow myself a big freakout for 10 minutes (ok,sometimes an hour) but then I have to get stubborn and lose some more weight....exercise,eat less,do anything to lose more....so...keep it up,you can do this....dont allow yourself to get depressed about this....if tired drink more vitamins.....psych yourself up about your weightloss.....set goals,buy a new piece of clothing that you WILL fit in in 3 months.....

Good luck and 50 pounds is great going....now for the next 50....

48 lbs since January is doing great, be patient.

You'll have bouts of sluggishness, I did too (I started in November at 371), but get through them.

Talk to your dietician about your current diet, and start getting physical... exercise by walking, or better yet, get into sessions with a trainer, and have them get you on an exercise regime. Those two things will dramatically help to increase your energy levels, and expedite weight loss.

Keep the faith.

P

:hungry: Tell me if you were over 300lbs or close to when you were banded??? let me hear your story I was 340 when I got banded in January and I have had a rough go I am so depressed and tired all the time... Anyhow I weighed 292 today which is up 4lbs from last week! I feel the same I wear the same size as I did before the band! I would love to hear you success... and how long it took..

DH was at 402 when he was banded. He's lost 90 pounds in two years, and is happy with that rate. He could be losing faster, but he is happy with how much and what he can eat and still lose.

You've lost 48 pounds in about 6 months, which is about 8 pounds a month, or an average of about 2 pounds a week. Which is on the high side of the 1-2 pounds I've been told to expect. Yoo-hoo for you!:clap2:

I think when you are bigger to start, as I am too, it takes longer for the loss to show up. Yeah, our clothes feel better and all, but it takes a while for it be really be apparent in our mirror and to others.

Can you find other ways you've improved? Maybe blood pressure is lower? Or even if you are wearing the same size, it fits better?

IT Really help to hear others you see alot of people that are not that big when they start so within a short amount of time they are thin, my aunt had it the same day as me and she 190 and so she is now like 140 she is short but I think that she is like a 12. I get bummed.. Although I am not looking to be 150 pounds only like 200-215 so I guess when you look at it like that I only have 80 more pounds....

Klynn,

I really do know how you feel. I am 5'2" and I weighed 301 when I got banded. I GAINED weight right after banding. My doctor wouldn't give me a fill until it had been 6 weeks and I just kept on gaining. So I think 50lbs is great. I still do the fluctuating of weight thing, up 3-4 lbs, down 3-4... I don't know if everyone does this, but I do. I started out wearing a 26 and lying to everyone about what size I wore, and as I lost I noticed that my shape was changing but my sizes were not. I still don't understand why one person can lose 20 lbs and drop several sizes and one can lose 50lbs and not drop a size at all. All I do know is this: I wear an 18w or 16w depending on how its made and that is not a 26,24 or 2 or 3X anymore. It took me longer that some of the others, but recently, I just lost 7-8 lbs and really didn't even try. Up to this point, I tried and tried and worried and worried, and then I changed jobs and now I work at 3M and I have to do more physical work than I had been doing, and the weight is coming off again. At one point, I exercised, rode my bike and really watched what I ate. I did lose, but not like I wanted too. Anyway a succession of stuff happened that I won't go into and I stopped everything. I didn't care anymore, etc. So when I was blessed with the new job, I sort of got interested again. New hope I guess. and then there were 4 other people that had bands at work and suddenly they were all asking me questions and my motivation changed. All I can say is don't completely stop trying and don't give up. You are going to have to down times and you will read exciting things happening to the other people, try really hard to know it will happen to you too. It is a journey all your own, and one day you will look back and wonder why you doubted and worried. Keep posting and talking to everyone. It will keep you knowing that you are going to do this.

I can relate. I started working with my bariatric doctor in February of this year and weighed in at 392! I'm still wearing my same clothes too. But, for now I'm staying focused on my progress and will save my money for clothes that don't come from the "plus" department!! You're doing awesome and you're not the only one who has a hard time seeing the difference but trust me...you're body is much happier and that's the biggest reward. Good job!

Hi Klynn, I started at 382. Don't be concerned about the sizes, they will come. Think of it like an onion. When you're working on the larger outer layers, you may need to peel several of them before the onion looks smaller. When you get to the under layers, every one of them will make a big difference in the size of the onion. We're the exact same way... being 200 lbs overweight and losing 20 lbs isn't going to show, but being 50 lbs overweight and losing 20 lbs will make a HUGE difference. The size changes will come, just hang in there!

Hi, Klynn~

I was at 330 when I was banded and am now at 290-295. So I'm down 35-40 pounds in almost 6 months. It's human nature to wish we could lose it fast, but I keep telling myself this way is what I chose because it's healthier. I, too, am still wearing most of the same clothes and wish I could be into smaller ones. But people are starting to tell me that it shows now, which really helps keep my motivation up. Keep up the good work...yuou are going GREAT!

Emily

I was about 300 when banded last week.. i don;t have anyting to say obviously regarding speed of loss but I know I look forward to loss of size. i currently am a 28 in some clothes. Others a 28 is too small.

I was 319. I didn't feel any different or look that different until I lost about 80 pounds. The sizes took a long to go down at the larger range (25-->24, etc.)

I'm still losing; I took time out to have a baby. The first 6 months is the hardest but it is also probably the most rapid weight loss. The band is hard to deal with at the beginning. I remember being tired too. And the loss of food as a coping mechanism is something to be mourned. You're doing great and will continue to do so!

I started at 298. I had been a few over 300 but had come back down some, so my starting weight is almost 300.

My weight loss went in fits and starts. I'd lose 10 or 12...then stall.....then lose another 10 or so, then stall. Frustrating.

Just know...you gotta keep rolling and not get off track. Just grit your teeth and keep going even when it gets frustrating.

I found when I stalled for a real long time I had to start tracking my food in Fitday.com and had to assess how much I was exercising. As soon as I fixed both areas, usually the weight would come off again.

And sometimes....sometimes your body just stalls. I wants to hang on to that weight. *sigh* That part sucks.