Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Switching to Dr Aceves - Help!

OK, I'm hyperventilating here. I am probably going to switch to Dr Aceves and have the surgery this Saturday. If any of his patients have some words of encouragement and/or advice I would REALLY appreciate it! I'm a bundle of nerves, as if this whole thing wasn't nerve wracking enough!!!

I will tell you that I worked in the medical field while I was in nursing school and the private hospital that Dr A works out of is so clean. They follow the guidelines for sanitation to a T. All the staff I spoke with spoke great english aside from one guy on the late late shift who was a CNA. In my unpaid opinion he is THE BEST Doctor in all of the US or Mexico. I haven't heard one complication from him and I have been doing research for 6 months pre-op and I'm almost a year out. If any of my family wanted to have weightloss surgery, even my dear children when they get older, I will encourage all of them to go to Dr. Aceves. Feel free to call Nina, she can answer any questions or PM me.

I will tell you that I worked in the medical field while I was in nursing school and the private hospital that Dr A works out of is so clean. They follow the guidelines for sanitation to a T. All the staff I spoke with spoke great english aside from one guy on the late late shift who was a CNA. In my unpaid opinion he is THE BEST Doctor in all of the US or Mexico. I haven't heard one complication from him and I have been doing research for 6 months pre-op and I'm almost a year out. If any of my family wanted to have weightloss surgery, even my dear children when they get older, I will encourage all of them to go to Dr. Aceves. Feel free to call Nina, she can answer any questions or PM me.

Thank you so much, I know this is the right thing, just need to take a few deep breaths and relax!! I have already spoken with Nina, she's just waiting for my final "yes, let's do it" and then I will be scheduled for Saturday 8/20. DEEEEP BREATH!!!

Hi,

I had sleeve surgery 3 years ago with Dr. Aceves--lost 105 pounds. You have picked the very best Weight Loss Surgeon that there is. He has a team of amazing doctors and nurses. He recently was named in the top 25 Bariatric Surgeons in the WORLD. He is the only doctor that was named in Mexico. There should be an article about him in Time magazine sometime later this year. He is very shy about telling people things like this. You will never hear him brag about awards.

I can tell you for a fact that it is very normal to have all these feelings and emotions. We can all tell you that you are in great hands and will be OK, but once you get to the hospital you will see for yourself what a clean and great place it is. The staff are outstanding. They will make every effort to meet all your needs. Hang on, this is something that is going to change your entire life.

I am always out here for any questions that you might have. Hugs, Suzanne

Well, it's done. I have canceled my surgery in Dallas, paid my deposit with Dr A and all scheduled for pre-op Friday 8/19 and surgery 8/20. Eeek!!! Yaay!!!

His office have been fabulous, very patient in answering my questions, and Nina did tell me about the nomination/selection for top 25 bariatric doctors in the world. Apparently there were only 3 from the USA - and these are voted on by other bariatric doctors so that's quite impressive. Also, a USA doctor is flying in on Friday for surgery with Dr A - right there that speaks volumes.

Thanks so much to all of you for your support and encouragement, you're the BEST!!! :cheer2:

I. Am. So. EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited for you! This was the best decision I ever made and I know you will be so happy! <hugs>

Well, it's done. I have canceled my surgery in Dallas, paid my deposit with Dr A and all scheduled for pre-op Friday 8/18 and surgery 8/19. Eeek!!! Yaay!!!

His office have been fabulous, very patient in answering my questions, and Nina did tell me about the nomination/selection for top 25 Bariatric doctors in the world. Apparently there were only 3 from the USA - and these are voted on by other Bariatric doctors so that's quite impressive. Also, a USA doctor is flying in on Friday for surgery with Dr A - right there that speaks volumes.

Thanks so much to all of you for your support and encouragement, you're the BEST!!! :cheer2:

I. Am. So. EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am so very happy that you have made this choice.:rolleyes: I know without a doubt that this will the very best thing you have ever done for yourself. When you see Dr. Aceves please tell him we spoke and that I highly recommend him. He is the most caring, kind, excellent surgeon you can ever find. Honestly if I lived closer (I am in Oregon) I would make him my PCP. He has a great sense of humor too.He will take all the time you need answering ALL your question too. You would never receive the kind of care in any US hospital that you will get being in Mexicali and having Dr. Aceves do your surgery. They clean 24-7 there too.

If you need or want any kind of information PLEASE just send me a note, I read them every day. Hugs and I am here for you after your surgery too.

Yeah for you!!!

Congratulations. Dr Aceves did my band to sleeve revision in Feb. 2011. Like you I only had a very short time after I decided. Mine went great and I hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did.

Just a note: I was scared to death. When Dr Campos removed the fill in my band I was so scared and he said not to worry that they take great care of their patients. I don't know if it made me less scared but it really was the truth, they all did a great job.

Good Luck....

Dr. Aceves sleeved me July 13th. I had switched from Dr. Kelly. There was just something in my gut telling me to switch. I am so glad I did, The ride from the airport to the hospital was a whirlwind. You drive through these mountainy roads with HUGE boulders. You get to the hospital and start peeing in a cup and having blood drawn. That part freaked me out a bit, i still hadn't caught my breath from the ride LOL After that you meet the anethesiologist- he was absolutely wonderful. Spent about an hour explaining his role. He was so professional and soothing, I knew I was in the right place. Dr. Aceves is wonderful. He is very professional and kind. He immedidately made me feel safe and relaxed. The hospital is small but spotless. People are not joking when they say the clean non-stop. Those ladies must be exausted at the end of the night. All of us bariatric patients are in one wing. The nurses were awesome, if i asked for anything they were very responsive. Only had one language blip..I was trying to explain I wanted the air conditioner turned down, I was hot. My control was behind their nurses station. Finally I said caliente and fanned myself and she got it. Sergio wheeled me into surgery and asked how much Spanish I knew and I said only what I knew from Dora and Diego. He said well I am Diego and this is Dora (another lady nurse) and I was out. Next thing I was in my room. I don't even remember being in recovery LOL I was up walking an hour after I was in my room. I read on here sip sip sip walk walk walk and I did. I was up and down those halls. By the first night I was doing laps LOL I was determined to get that gas moving..and I actually only had 2 pains with it. After surgery Dr. Aceves and DR. Campos came by several times a day to check in on us. My partner had brought her x-box and they even sat and played with her. Dr. Aceves also allowed her to come into the surgery. She is a nurse and told me later that she was very impressed by his work and how sterile everything was. I felt very safe and cared for while i was there. He is wonderful and you will be in great hands. Cathi

I also just switched from Dr Kelly to Dr Aceves! AND I moved up my surgery date as well. I'm now going Sept 15.

Good luck, I will be praying for you!!

Lisa

I am here at Almater now. I was sleeved yesterday. I am high as a kite right now. Everything people havesaid about the doctors and the facility is true. It is better than I could have imagined.

I also just switched from Dr Kelly to Dr Aceves! AND I moved up my surgery date as well. I'm now going Sept 15.

Good luck, I will be praying for you!!

Lisa

That is my Sleeversary!!! Wishing you an awesome, and smooth recovery.

Wishin ALL OF YOU the same! You won't be sorry you switched. Everything you're hearing right now is the absolute truth. I am a real patient of Dr. Aceves and went through it all. In fact, I'm going to go out and find my surgery day thread and blog it. I encourage you all to read through it if you have time. It's a long one. :)

I am here at Almater now. I was sleeved yesterday. I am high as a kite right now. Everything people havesaid about the doctors and the facility is true. It is better than I could have imagined.

Hehe! Have fun flying! So glad to hear everything went well, I have been thinking of you constantly! Keep the updates coming!

That is my Sleeversary!!! Wishing you an awesome, and smooth recovery.

Wishin ALL OF YOU the same! You won't be sorry you switched. Everything you're hearing right now is the absolute truth. I am a real patient of Dr. Aceves and went through it all. In fact, I'm going to go out and find my surgery day thread and blog it. I encourage you all to read through it if you have time. It's a long one. :)

I look forward to reading it! Thanks for the reassurance! I must admit, I'm a little nervous, but I try not to dwell on it. I'm focusing on the big picture... I'm going to loose this weight and get my life back!!

Lisa

So wonderful!! I'm thrilled everything went well!

Lisa