Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so weak and tired. I feel even worse than I did last week, I am taking all the Vitamins, getting my 64oz of Fluid and all the Protein but I feel awful. I had been walking every day but today I couldnt even do that. I saw my surgeon and my PCP yesterday and told them both but neither seemed very concerned. Is this normal? When will I get some energy? What good will be being thinner if I can't get out of my chair?

Did you doctor test you for anemia? I became anemic three weeks after surgery. I took some Iron pills and felt 100% better. When you start to eat real foods, you will get your strength back too. The first three weeks are difficult. Each day will get better and better. Your body needs time to heal. You may need extra rest and maybe your body just isn't quite ready for lots of walking just yet. I know it is hard now, but hang in there. I hope you feel better soon.

I noticed the days I drop alot of weight I kind of feel washed out and tired. I had to up the carbs just a little. I was not eating barely any at first and that helped the energy level a little. What week after surgery are you at? If it is 4 or less give yourself a break - you just had MAJOR surgery. If you are tired it might be your body's way of saying slow down and rest a little. Just stay hydrated is the main goal of the first month. Good luck! The energy level does get MUCH better the more weight you loose. I am not out of breath and don't get the sugar drop tired feelings that I had when I was 50 lbs heavier.

It is so funny because now i am almost 8 weeks out and I didn't feel normal in terms of overall health until the 5th week. These past 3 days I actually felt better eating...It hasn't felt all weird like I can feel every bite move down my throat and into my stomach. I am actually able to eat a little more. I still don't have that raging feeling of hunger that i used to, but I can say that I am hungry. And I can say the full feeling is sort of back. Like I just had some seafood chowder, and I am full. Not all the way that I used to feel, but much better.

I say all of this is funny is because I was right there where you are, and I was all freaked out that I was going to die!

I am now going to start working out - starting next week. I just didn't feel up to it because I wasn't eating. It was too yucky, but again these past couple of days eating hasn't been so traumatic...So getting in two string cheeses instead of one...I feel I can work out now.

Hold on....dont throw in the towel, it will get better!

Very frustrating to not have the energy you feel you should have, but please trust little by little it will come back. Listen to your body, eat when you are hungry, rest when you are tired.... you went through a major surgery and you lost a good friend (food).... your body needs to catch up and it will.

It will all be worth it, just hang in there!!!

Thanks everybody, I will just be patient and hang in there. Today I started pureed food and it seemed heavenly. A real scrambled egg! Cottage cheese! tuna (And I don't even like tuna!)