Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

embarrassing but i need help

Okay, I'm sorry for this post but I seriously need help. I have genital warts and I admit it's my fault. I'm now trying to get rid of them the easiest and fastest way possible. Can you guys suggest treatments and how to do it. I read on different forums that creams are easy to use and painless. I've been researching about Zerowarts. Is this a good product? How can I avail of this? Please help. Thanks!

Go to the doctor--they will paint on podophyllin, you leave it on a few hours, rinse it off, and the warts will be gone in a few weeks. Sometimes it takes more than one application. I wouldn't trust anything over the counter to treat them--that's delicate mucosa and you don't want to do anything to hurt it.

Also, if you got them from a steady partner, they need to be treated as well.

I agree with the previous poster. Do not waste any money on OTC products. You need an evaluation anyways. These are a precurser to cervical cancer and a vaginal exam is in order. If they are all external, they will be easy to treat, most the time. huh.gif

Okay, I'm sorry for this post but I seriously need help. I have genital warts and I admit it's my fault. I'm now trying to get rid of them the easiest and fastest way possible. Can you guys suggest treatments and how to do it. I read on different forums that creams are easy to use and painless. I've been researching about Zerowarts. Is this a good product? How can I avail of this? Please help. Thanks!

As a public health nurse, I would strongly suggest that you go to your local STD health dept. They can usually freeze these off without a problem. Call ahead first though, cause some health dept's don't do this cause of funding. . .good luck!

years ago my ob/gyn burned mine off......and was making star wars blaster noises while he did it to make me laugh!

thank you everyone for your replies! but isn't going to the clinic and having the doctor treat it more expensive than home treatment? (i'm sorry i don't have that much funds) and i'm also scared of pain.lol. what can you say about otc treatments like zerowarts, wartrol, wartscide, etc.? they say it's cheaper and painless.

thank you everyone for your replies! but isn't going to the clinic and having the doctor treat it more expensive than home treatment? (i'm sorry i don't have that much funds) and i'm also scared of pain.lol. what can you say about otc treatments like zerowarts, wartrol, wartscide, etc.? they say it's cheaper and painless.

I think the health dept goes by income, just call ahead and ask the questions about that. But I agree, I would be afraid to just leave it to the OTC treatments, if not done properly they may come back, and you do need to be examined, they could be in places where you may not be able to see well. I think I remember a friend of mine having some inside as well. It did not hurt, and it was very minimal cost for her. Good luck!

:)

I'm not saying that the health dept is free, that is not the case anymore, but they do go according to what you can pay.

I tried Zerowarts because I wasn't brave enough to see a doctor. What a relief! I thought it was going to sting a lot because the apple cider vinegar did but it didn't. I have a pain tolerance like that of a toddler. After two days the warts because black and fell off in the shower. I haven't had a break out since.

ok, so what about a skin tag? I have one on my inner thigh I'm too chicken to cut off.........any suggestions?

maybe i could go and check with the health dept. i'm still contemplating on this. i'm quite embarrassed...

kathiepeterson, is Zerowarts worth your money? i mean if ever i'll get one, will i be able to experience satisfying relief as well?

Do you really want to take the risk of cervical cancer?

Call the health department and see if they have a sliding scale.

maybe i could go and check with the health dept. i'm still contemplating on this. i'm quite embarrassed...

I went to a community clinic a couple of years ago and the people were super friendly and totally non-judgemental. Their mission is to provide quality health care and education to the community. Payment was totally at the patient's discretion, they provided me with information stating what my treatment cost them but my payment amount - even if I decided to pay or not - was totally up to me.

Give it a try, you will probably be very pleasantly surprised.

I finally went to the clinic. The doctor advised me to keep my immune system up while on treatment. I ordered the Zerowarts cream before I went to the doctor. She said that we'll have to observe the results first. If it didn't work, she'll have my warts frozen off. I'm developing a healthy diet/lifestyle now for my immune system, as she advised. Thank you for all your encouraging comments and help.