Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody else really annoyed by all the ads lately?

I"m not talking about the pop ups. I'm referring to the ads that appear inside people's posts. Such as the one right inside my first post. Maybe I'm doing something wrong if I'm the only one who can see this???

You are not doing anything wrong. It's a new plug-in to increase advertisement dollars to "pay for the site". It happens every few months. Since I've been here since VST's birth, I've seen it happen more times than I care to count.

I've been hanging out on the Facebook VSG group that is a closed group, and while it's not VST, at least it's not full of ads.

I use the Firefox web browser with the "plug-in" called ad block plus. I see NO ads on this site.

I am a firefox user as well, so I went and got the plug-in you suggested and it works perfectly, thanks!!

:)

I use the Firefox web browser with the "plug-in" called ad block plus. I see NO ads on this site.

Ohhhhhhhhhh can you tell me how to get the "plug in" ???

Wait, I figured it out, THANKS ! ! !

Well DARN, where has this been all this time!!!!! thank you so much for pointing that out to me!!!

Love you girls!

Yup yup yup. I just installed the chrome extension yesterday because it was seriously getting to me. Ad Block Plus = amazingness.

I've had Adblock for ages because of another site. I didn't even know there WERE ads on this site until I saw that a lot of you were complaining about it. I would definitely recommend it.

Yeah, Tiff....how do we get elite membership in the FB VSG site? :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what the FB page is called please :-)

There are several. . . They are closed groups and it's my understanding you have to be added by someone on your page.

VSG for ME

Gastric Sleeve Support - CLOSED group

Are the 2 that I am active in only because some of the support groups are OPEN, meaning every time you post something, it shows up in your news feed for all your friends to see.

I left the other 2 OPEN groups because people were just randomly adding me, and then bombarding my page with posts on the group that kept showing up on my news feed. It's a new FB setting and there was NO way to HIDE those so I just left.

If you need an invite for the groups on FB that I am active in, shoot me a message with your Facebook URL or link and I'll get you an invite.

That's what happened to me Tiff - I posted in Gastric Sleeve Support (maybe a different one?) thinking that it was a closed group and got a whole lot of messages from people saying they had seen it in case I wanted to keep it private cause they knew I was a private person and also wishing me well. I was mortified and deleted the post.

I would love an invitation to the closed groups - will PM you now :-) Thank you