Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some suggestions for unflavored Protein. I an almost 2 wks out and having a real hard time with protein. They taste so bad I can never keep them down. Maybe there is unflavored products that I may have better luck with.

I'm getting in almost no Protein a day and I'm 2 wks out. I can't stand the taste of it and it just comes right back up. I'm trying slim fast right now bc its all that's left I think. Its awful too but if I take it slow maybe I can handle it. We will see.

You might develop lactose or whey intolerances so it might not just be the taste and flavor.

unjury.com offers an unflavored, but my opinion is that it's not TASTELESS, it smells and reminds me of baby formula. There just isn't any flavoring like strawberry or chocolate with it. Unjury also offers a chicken Soup flavor that seems to be popular. You can order inexpensive samples from their website.

As for Protein consumption, I developed whey Protein intolerance and didn't get protein in until I was 6 weeks out. Most of us lose some muscle during the rapid weight loss phase. During the first 2-3 weeks of the post-op my surgeon was more concerned with staying hydrated and resting over pushing in protein that was making me sick, puking and having volatile diarrhea. You can also try Jay Robb egg white protein which a lot of people like because it's not milk base, and apparently the flavor is great.

I could not drink milk, but could tolerate some yogurt and some cheeses. Whey protein is a milk product so I couldn't use it.

You can also try soy Proteins that are available.

Hi,

i'll tell u the thing i love the most and drank alot of...and still drink these.......and it's a Protein beverage.

costco, I hope u have one of those near u, I love the muscle milk light, each 8oz has 20 gm Protein, they also sell a premier Protein Drink there, 30 gm protein in that one. They both taste like choc milk to me, but w/ no chalky taste. I like the muscle milk light over the Premier Protein drink. The muscle milk actually contains no milk...(lol...go figure)

I also went to the local GNC store in my area, i got tons of Protein drinks there, The Dr's office may sell protein foods there also, I know mine does. They have Soups, hot choc, beverages,all things are high in protein. If your dr office don't carry them, try on line.

If your gonna be successful, you need to get in your 60 to 90 grams of protein per day along w/ ur water!

I know its rough at 1st.......just do your best.....best of luck

I need some suggestions for unflavored protein. I an almost 2 wks out and having a real hard time with protein. They taste so bad I can never keep them down. Maybe there is unflavored products that I may have better luck with.

Proti is a brand that makes a lot of different flavors of Soups. The Tomato is pretty good. I got it from my band doctor but I am sure you can get it online.

Jay Robb is pretty good. It's very thin if you make it with Water and not strong tasting. I make it with vanilla soy milk and I think it tastes better.

I do like the Premier from costco too and muscle milk light but I have heard of others who hate muscle milk.

Go to the food thread and there are a bunch of places to order samples.

As for unflavored, I used GNC and put it in something strong tasting like

cran-rasberry light and lemonaide. It's unflavored, but Protein does have a taste.You cover it up with divinci syrups too. There are a lot of flavorsl

The only thing about all of this (in the Full liquid stage) is that everything is sweet. I am not a sweets person AT ALL. Everything sweet before surgery was only tolerated occasionally and now I just can't stand it. I can only eat/drink so much broth and creamed Soups too. HELP!

try Isopure from GNC it's clear and thin like Water but still has 40 grams of protien in each bottle. If the taste is not what you like try mixing with no sugar added fruit juice and a shot or 2 of MIO Water Enhancer. I personally liked the green flavor the best i think it was watermelon or apple not sure...

I mixed it with juice from wal-mart with a shot of strawberry/watermelon MIO, this was the easiest way for me to get it all down in on day......Good luck

The only thing about all of this (in the Full liquid stage) is that everything is sweet. I am not a sweets person AT ALL. Everything sweet before surgery was only tolerated occasionally and now I just can't stand it. I can only eat/drink so much broth and creamed Soups too. HELP!

Me, too. I can do maybe one shake, but am hoping to find something I can mix in Soup. I read one person that adds Greek yogurt to soup and likes that. I'm in Dallas. Where are u from?

I got the chicken Soup from Unjury. I liked it pre op. POst op it tastes too strong in a full dose, but I like it with half the Protein with double the Water. I also added it to cream Soups, or if you add it to warm milk and belnd it, it makes like it's own cream soup and goes down quite well without the aftertaste. Can you do yogurt yet? Greek yogurt mixed with sf Syrup is my favorite Breakfast. And then I add Isopure. The 8oz mini bottles are perfect and have 15g or protein. I can get one of those down in 20 minutes easy. Between the chicken Protein Powder, greek yogurt and isopure, I can get 50g protein easy. I can also eat purees this early out so its been easy getting in all my protein. Good luck.

Me, too. I can do maybe one shake, but am hoping to find something I can mix in Soup. I read one person that adds Greek yogurt to soup and likes that. I'm in Dallas. Where are u from?

I work in Dallas but live in Arlington. We'll have to have lunch soon.