Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So CAL Bandsters

Well, tomorrow is Band Day---the next step in regaining control of the beast within. I think I've done pretty well for myself pre-band. Lost 14 pounds to get here. I'm not nervous, the pre-op exam went without a hitch (well, except for the fact that they couldn't find a vein in the crook of my elbow to draw blood from so they had to get it from my hand...:huggie: )

So, y'all wish me luck!

You are Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you the best and update us when you can. Let me know how it goes... I am having mine on August 14th

Yep, So Cal all my life. I live in Canyon Lake (Riverside County). Totally excited (and a little nervous) re. the surgery. Off to the treadmill :Banane56: Kelli

Hi Wendy (and everyone reading this!) :P

I'm not yet banded... STILL WAITING for the office to give me a DATE!!!

I say this is caps because I started all this after Christmas of LAST YEAR. :Banane56:

I'm in Fallbrook... I could hock the cats and come your way sometime for a mini meet-up... or we could meet half way or something. Are there any other bandeds or pre-b's in your area, or between us that you know of?

Let me know what sounds good to you, OK? (NO fair sayin "An In & Out burger." either!) LOL

Hugs,

plumptuous

<><

_60-723-1554 (Only after noon, plz - hubby works nights...)

Im over here in the Inland Empire:welcome:.. I was banded on April 3rd of this year and so far so good... Im losing slow but it's all good as long as I dont gain anymore..

-34lbs so far..

Hi Everyone,

I'm 32 and live in San Marcos (No. County San Diego). I'm going to the informational seminar at the office of Dr. Potts & Callery on the August 8th, but I haven't found anyone that has actually had a band placed by them. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!

I would love to meet you guys! I live in Canyon Lake (Inland Empire). I can't go to the bash but if anyone ever wants to meet up locally or even in OC...let me know and I will be there!!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kathy Hoover (age 48) and I live in Buena Park, CA. I was banded 4/12/05:clap2: and have lost 81 pounds so far:D . It's been slow, but I finally found what it take for me to lose. I have a friend on the Lindora Diet (low carb) and she coached me and gave me a list of foods to eat, and believe it or not, I'm finally loosing (dropped 13 pounds since early June!!! Yipee!!!). I'm eating protein: (eggs, white fish, chicken breast, seafood) spinach, salad, grapefruit, Power Crunch bars, yogurt & skim milk. I love the Crystal Light fruit punch and I found the Walmart has their own brand that cost about 1/3 of the price!

I also attend Power Aqua Aerobic classes 3 to 5 time a week at 24-Hour Fitness (anyone a member?) and I go between the gyms in La Mirada (Beach & Imperial), Anaheim-Gateway (Lemon and 91 Fwy) and the Orange Sport (Orangewood & the 5 Fwy). Also, on Friday nights a few of us work-out in the Anaheim gym from 4:30 to 6pm. We even shot some baskets on their indoor court last time (hadn't done that for years!).

Please email me (hooverkm@yahoo.com) if you'd like to join us at the gym. I have nobody else with a lapband to talk to:phanvan, only gastric bypasser. Most people have never heard of the lapband.

Hi!

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz, as well on Oct. 7th 2005. I have lost 40lbs so far (18lbs on the Liquid Protein fast pre-op). I live in North Hollywood. Can anyone reccommend a local support group? For lap band only? Does it even exist? I just can't get it. I am constantly sabatoging (sp.) myself. Friends and family ask me what I can eat and my response is I don't know. I do know milkshakes and onion rings from Jack in the Box "go down". I need to have my head examined!!!

Antoinette,

I live in Burbank (just next door), and while I haven't attended the meetings, I've heard that there is a Band-only support group at West Hills Hospital (somewhere in the Sepulveda basin--my daughter is an ER nurse there so you'd think I could be more specific!). Someone wrote that they had attended but didn't find it that helpful. I suspect that sometimes it IS, and sometimes too crowded. But I think support will help us. I also think this Lapbandtalk.com gives lots of good information about what to eat and not. And I have a couple of ideas which could be off base!

I just had my second fill and what a difference it made. Before I wondered why I could eat anything and everything and a lot of it. That has changed. I can still sabatoge myself--but not as much (if that makes ANY sense). I mean. . . the restriction of a fill makes a HUGE difference to all of this--and I just didn't feel it before. And I'm still not as restricted as I should be, I think. I'd bet you need a fill.

Next- 40 pounds is 40 pounds and I know it is frustrating (I was banded by Dr. Kuri in June and have lost 11 pounds only). But there is a miracle in not gaining it back. I've ALWAYS gained weight-loss back. And today wonder of wonders it looked like I might be losing a couple more.

And yes, I think you are just going to have to bite the bullet and not drink milk-shakes unless you get the diet/no sugar/no fat ice cream and try it that way. But with a good fill--onion rings will not be an option (probably).

This is indeed an adventure!

Deb:cool:

Thanks Deb! You make a lot of sense. Somewhere deep down I do know this info as well, but it is so easy to lose control and then my whole life starts spinning!! It is like I am on a Merry Go Round and I can't get off!

I need help. I have been avoiding this website, but you are right - there are a lot of good people on this site full of great wisdom. Well I am off to visit a friend tomorrow in Washington State for the long weekend (starting early) and hopefully I can come back to LA recharged and remotivated.

Have a great holiday everyone!