Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost our turn to start our new lives I don't know about ya'll but August 8th cannot come quick enough...what is everyone doing to get ready??

[/quote Aug. 16th for me .going to get all my stuff this weekend I have a 2week liquid diet i start Tuesday. Pre-opt aug. 10th

I'm schedule for the 4th with Dr Almanza, I will go shopping on sunday for my pre and post op stuff. I don't have much to pack so everything is already handy. I haven't book my flight and my hotel yet can you believe it? I can't wait for this thing to be over with and come back home.

Tipsy and Happily make sure you are on our August calendar!! Drop in there by clicking "August All-Stars" in my signature!

Thank you MeMe! Best of luck!!!

Awaiting a call from my Drs office. She thinks August 10 th will work for my surgery. But has to check with the doctor first. He has to go over the last few tests! I REALLY hope so!!! Because after that he goes away on holidays until mid September!! And my three kids will be keeping overly bizy by then!

Good luck to you...and God Bless! I am scheduled for Auguat 22. I am still a little scared, but I am ready! Keep in touch!

Cay

I keep staring at my countdown ticker!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stop! Right now it says 2 days..14 hours..8min..and counting hehehe :lol:

Houston_Rich and caycaye I added you to our calendar! Come visit the August All-Stars forum by clicking the link in my signature!!

mamamckenzie I don't have my time yet but I bet I will do the same!!

mamamckenzie I don't have my time yet but I bet I will do the same!!

I'm a newbie. FIrst time posting anything. I'm having VSG on the 19th of Aug.

Love all your posts folks!!

I'm scheduled for Aug 19th also!! Hello Sleeve sister! :regular_smile:

Angel1, Beach Baby and Shakin-n-Atlanta - I added you all to our calendar - make sure to stop by the August 2011 forum - you can click the link in my signature!!

I'm scheduled for Aug 19th also!! Hello Sleeve sister! :regular_smile:

I like that - Sleeve Sister. Sounds good! I'm just getting the swing of this forum. I've been a voyeur for months and am diving in. Are you on a Pre-op diet?

I start by pre-op Aug 5th. HERE WE GO!!!!! lol I spent this week weaning myself off of caffeine. OMG!!! I didn't know what an effect it had on my body. I miss the energy boost but i'd rather go thru this now than later when i'm concentrating on my new eating habits. The withdrawal headaches I had each day were torture. I went out to buy Protein Drinks and will be getting the Greek yogurt later, also (i gotta research this more - don't know much about that kind of yogurt). So much to DO!!!! How are things with you? Are you ready?

I start by pre-op Aug 5th. HERE WE GO!!!!! lol I spent this week weaning myself off of caffeine. OMG!!! I didn't know what an effect it had on my body. I miss the energy boost but i'd rather go thru this now than later when i'm concentrating on my new eating habits. The withdrawal headaches I had each day were torture. I went out to buy Protein drinks and will be getting the Greek yogurt later, also (i gotta research this more - don't know much about that kind of yogurt). So much to DO!!!! How are things with you? Are you ready?

Hello Shakin! My surgeon has given me a low carb Liver Shrinking Diet. Kinda like Atkins. I wanted to get on something now, because I'm a binge-y eater and will have many LAST SUPPERS between now and then. I'm down to one small cup of coffee a day cause I know headaches are a comin' when I quit the stuff.

Greek yogurt is much richer and better than regular and you will love it.

Have you looked at any video blogs on youtube? They are awesome. People make videos and post em every week. PreOp, Post Op, what to eat, recipes. I just discovered them and feel much better about what I am getting myself into. i copied and pasted at link below. Or you can do a YouTube search on Kellawanda. She is amazing.

That's funny!!! I had been viewing videos on You Tube and hers was one that I REALLY followed. I watched so many of them. She really told the story from surgery day on. Where are you having your surgery? Just wondering if we will be close enough that you will hear me FREAKING OUT!!! lol I don't like hospitals or doctors or any of that stuff. Too bad I can't show up drunk....