Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories are we supposed to be getting ?

Im almost 4 weeks out and if i can get one meal in im lucky , Half bc im not hungry and half bc i hardly know what to eat. Iv never been a big yogurt person I dont tend to have one. Although I am trying to have some now and its making my stomach hurt. Ricotta does not sit well either. The only thing that seems to sit well is a piece of american cheese and I cant eat that forever lol. So any suggestions??????

I have a strict dr so its pretty much just yogurt ricotta or cottage cheese, On the 28th i can have cheese Beans tofu . But i have already tried cheese. He didnt do like the "mushy" stage or even other Soups so im kinda just trying soft stuff but not to any extreme. He kinda just kept me on broth for 3 weeks and no other Soups. But i cant be losing much if i can hardly eat anythinggggg and i cant imagine this is healthy. And as for the Protein drinks Optifast makes me sick im going to drink ensure one today cuz it at least has 25 grams and the special k Water based Protein Drink isnt tooo bad but only has 5 grams. And i have tried like 6 other Protein Drinks. Hmmmmm this is all so confusing On top of it Vitamins make me sick so i have been taking the Gummy ones.

Is your diet still restricted?

I'm 4 weeks tomorrow and I'm still supposed to be on full liquids and pureed Soups. I've been puree'ing bean and bacon Soup and topping it with a little 2% cheese and it's very satisfying. Other soups I put in the blender and just pulse to keep them kinda chunky then I chew the heck out of them. Campbells chicken Dumpling ready to eat Soup worked great because the veges are so soft. In the last few days I've aso eaten watered down refried Beans and mashed potatos...all have gone down great. I was getting so weak that I recently added scrambled eggs and they are going down fine and have helped me a lot (I can only eat half of one).

I made french onion soup one day and instead of putting in onions I put in onion powder and about half of a hamburger bun for the bread, and topped it with some parmesan cheese and that was so good! I couldn't eat it all, but what I did eat was great!

I'm planning to try Tomato Soup soon but I've had some problems with acid so I will crumble up some saltine crackers and let them get to pure mush first.

Keep drinking your Protein drinks so you get enough Protein too! I make my own using a heaping scoop of whey Protein Powder, 1/2 a packet of banana smoothie mix from the produce department (35 cal for half the packet) 1/2 cup of Water, a little vanilla, and 2 tbs of Peanut Butter. It's about 32 grams of protein and about 360 calories but even so, I'm only getting about 800 calories a day so I'm not worried about it LOL

Try the egg drop soup recipe on the recipes forum. It's unbelievable delicious!

I hope this helps you!