Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre op diet FAILING !

I was supposed to start my pre op diet on wednesday - I did great until i returned home from work yesterday ( i was gone 10 months in a remote area) . Because of being gone we had a welcome back party and everyone wants to do a meal and drinks ! Im struggeling to only do liquids and no booze due to this and also OMG The food available here compared to the slop i have had to choke down for 10 months is making me go crazy with cravings! Im worried about my liver size ! How do i shrink this sucker as fast as possible ?!

It sucks, but Lily is right on point. This is the best time to learn about how to deal with temptation, as much as you want to eat and drink the "fun" stuff, learning NOT to for quite a long time is for the best.

Good luck!

Everyone is different....My pre-op diet was two weeks and included real food. It sucked and I seriously struggled. I had two issues with the whole things. #1. If I could stick to a two week pre-op diet I wouldn't need surgery to loose weight =-) and I didn't want to spend the last two weeks with a full stomach eating crap I didn't enjoy. I felt like I needed to get in what I really loved....

I ended up not following the pre-op diet and worrying about it most to the time...until the last three days and then I did a really good job with it. After my surgery I asked my surgeon about my liver and he said it looked great.

With all that said...it turns out I have not had to give up anything. At this point I can eat what I want...just not the amount I used to. I wish I had know that would be the end result before surgery so that I would not have been so bummed at the thought of having to give up certain things. I know that some foods no longer agree with some people and am very grateful that this has not been the case for me.

Do your best, but don't be super worried.....

Get back to your pre-op diet and stick to it - that's the best advice. It looks like from your ticker you are very close to surgery - so get back to it 100% at this point. Once you have your new sleeve, that will help you with your cravings!

My doctor wanted me no carb for 2 weeks preop. Completely. I didn't do so well and he cancelled my surgery on the day of surgery after I was already prepped to go in. He was adamant about not taking risks and the liver needed to be smaller in order to do proper job. I ended up bucking up and getting it done 2 weeks later, but it was a huge emotional rollercoaster. So glad it's done now.

Yeah guys its mostly a vent - I did liquid diet wednesday thursday, cheated friday night w/ chicken breast , salad, rye whiskey and Water , saturday was a slight cheat - we went for sushi - so i had miso Soup and 4 pieces of sashimi ( raw fish no rice ) but aside from that stuck to it . So on the up side i have been cheating with really good high Protein low carb food - just the drinking on friday night was bad . I totally get where your coming from ladies with the last meal sort of thing - Because I know Im not allowed these things it makes me want them. Bahhhh ok well back on the train at least it wasnt a major derailing .

My surgery is this Wed. I have been on liquids since 10 days ago, I have lost almost 7 pounds,

I am really looking forward to it.

I think people get crazy with the last meal mindset. I worried that i would never have pizza again, but I can. Just a little bit though. And that's all I want now anyway.