Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just curious how many of my sleeve sisters in this group have already had their surgery. Where at? Who was your doc? How are you doing with your diets? Are any of you having issues, regrets, pain? My name is Heather, I was sleeved July 14 by Doctor Colleen Kennedy at Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Since I'm only 9 days out, I'm still dealing with some of the surgical pain on my left side, but other than that, I'm GOLDEN! Very little gas, no nausea, no vomiting. This has been pretty easy so far! I just can't wait to see the new me!!!

I'm just curious how many of my sleeve sisters in this group have already had their surgery. Where at? Who was your doc? How are you doing with your diets? Are any of you having issues, regrets, pain? My name is Heather, I was sleeved July 14 by Doctor Colleen Kennedy at Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Since I'm only 9 days out, I'm still dealing with some of the surgical pain on my left side, but other than that, I'm GOLDEN! Very little gas, no nausea, no vomiting. This has been pretty easy so far! I just can't wait to see the new me!!!

Hey Heather,

I had my surgery on 5/17 with Dr. Castro at Methodist also. I think that Dr. Castro and Dr. Kennedy used to be in the same group. Glad to hear that you are doing well! I feel so blessed that I have not had any problems from surgery also and am healing very quickly. I did have just a little nausea the first couple of days after surgery, but none since. The pain was very tolerable. I don't have any regrets...I'm losing weight and don't feel like I am dieting at all. I remember the pain on the left side...I think that is pretty common from reading these boards.

Take care!

That is AWESOME! It's great to meet you! I had my nut class before surgery with another of Dr. Castro's patients, but he was having bypass, and seemed concerned that he should have the sleeve instead. I didn't get to talk to him much, and now I wish I had gotten his email or something, since he isn't due for surgery until the end of the month so I could tell him how great it is!

I am 4 weeks shy of my ONE year surgiversary (8/16/10)!!!! I am down as of today 102 lbs... I had my surgery with Dr. Wade Barker at Pine Creek Medical Center. (He is a HOTTIE). I have NO regrets and would do this again in an instant. I have had no complications and all my levels were stellar at my 6 month check up. I can eat everything I ate pre op but only in teeny tiny portions. I love my sleeve and so glad I did it!!!!

That is SOOOO fantastic!! I can't wait until I can boast a 100 pound weight loss!! SO very excited for you!!!!

I am 4 weeks shy of my ONE year surgiversary (8/16/10)!!!! I am down as of today 102 lbs... I had my surgery with Dr. Wade Barker at Pine Creek Medical Center. (He is a HOTTIE). I have NO regrets and would do this again in an instant. I have had no complications and all my levels were stellar at my 6 month check up. I can eat everything I ate pre op but only in teeny tiny portions. I love my sleeve and so glad I did it!!!!

Heather and lilredraider, you are both doing awesome! Dr. Barker is a hottie? I've heard is name all over the place but had no idea he was good looking too! Heather, I know what you mean about wanting to "help" someone change their mind...I have a friend at church who wants the lap band. I really can't reason with her, she just keeps justifying why she wants the band over the sleeve. I hate to see her go through with it but maybe she will be one of the lucky ones.

Oh Yes!!!! Dr. Barker is very hot!!!! He has the prettiest blue eyes!!!! He is very nice and so is the rest of his office staff. I would recommend him to everyone. Only negative is he has a small office and alot of patients.

Heather and lilredraider, you are both doing awesome! Dr. Barker is a hottie? I've heard is name all over the place but had no idea he was good looking too! Heather, I know what you mean about wanting to "help" someone change their mind...I have a friend at church who wants the lap band. I really can't reason with her, she just keeps justifying why she wants the band over the sleeve. I hate to see her go through with it but maybe she will be one of the lucky ones.

I'm also a Dr. Barker alum - from both the lap-band and now the VSG. And yes, he is super cute. His ads don't do him justice. I'm sure he knows all the ladies have the hots for him.

A couple of days after my first VSG post-op visit (I had lap-band revision, he also removed my gall bladder and fixed a hiatal hernia), I got a hematoma under the incision where my band port had been. The incision opened up and the blood drained out, so I had to meet Dr. B at the ER for him to clean it out and make sure I was OK. Since I had just seen him earlier that week, he quipped "we're going to have to stop meeting like this or your husband will start to suspect something" and gave me a big grin. I thought I was going to melt into the floor.

Your SOUTHERN! You could have easily claimed it was the VAPORS!! LOL

I'm also a Dr. Barker alum - from both the lap-band and now the VSG. And yes, he is super cute. His ads don't do him justice. I'm sure he knows all the ladies have the hots for him.

A couple of days after my first VSG post-op visit (I had lap-band revision, he also removed my gall bladder and fixed a hiatal hernia), I got a hematoma under the incision where my band port had been. The incision opened up and the blood drained out, so I had to meet Dr. B at the ER for him to clean it out and make sure I was OK. Since I had just seen him earlier that week, he quipped "we're going to have to stop meeting like this or your husband will start to suspect something" and gave me a big grin. I thought I was going to melt into the floor.

Just thought I would update today. I'm two weeks and a day post op. I'm still having left side pain, and going to see my doc on Monday. She says it takes some folks 3-4 weeks.... I HOPE NOT! Other than that, I'm struggling to get my Protein in. I'm golden with the Fluid intake, but I'm sooooo sick of Protein Shakes. My sister and I (she had lapband 2 years ago) are going shopping tomorrow to see if we can find some easier ways to get it in. I'm struggling to take in more than an ounce of anything at a time! I realize I'm still healing, but I cant just sit and drink and snack all day long! I don't have that kind of time!

Hello All...

I'm new to the site. I'm happy to find this. My Dr is Colleen Kennedy, my surgery will be @ Presby Plano. I just passed my psych consult and entering the last phase just before surgery. No date yet but hopefully early October if all else goes well. I have one more nut/primary care visit next week, then the pre-testing, after that I pray to be sleeved in about 30 days. All has been going well. The worse part so far has been the psych consult. I was a bit nervous. I had over 300 questions and a face to face interview. I have lost 21 lbs from June to August, 15th but I have done this before only to gain it back and then some. I'm drinking the nasty Protein Shakes, a little walking everyday, no sweets, lots of fruits and veggies. Getting used to what and how I will be eating for now on. God bless you all.

Howdy! I was sleeved 8/25/11 by Dr Castro @ Baylor Dallas. I had no complications other than drinking that icky Baratric Advantage Protein Shake. I'm 15 days out and am down 23 lbs. :)

so happy for u. Great news on ur progress. How long would u estimate ur recovery time? How did u feel on day 3, day 5, day 7, day 10 and day 14. Just trying to get a gauge. Thanks!

Ps. Looks like u will have to change ur user name soon...good problem to have (smile)

I know I'm a little late on this topic, but I'm having my surgery on March 28th with Dr. James Davidson at Forest Park Medical Center. Any Dallas girls getting sleeved with me in March 2012- I'd love a few friends to take the ride with! I'd also LOVE to hear from anyone who has ever had the sleeve done by Dr. James Davidson and how you are doing! I feel like I'm the only one in Dallas having this procedure done in March-where are ya'll? :D

I know I'm a little late on this topic, but I'm having my surgery on March 28th with Dr. James Davidson at Forest Park Medical Center. Any Dallas girls getting sleeved with me in March 2012- I'd love a few friends to take the ride with! I'd also LOVE to hear from anyone who has ever had the sleeve done by Dr. James Davidson and how you are doing! I feel like I'm the only one in Dallas having this procedure done in March-where are ya'll? :D

Hi Lightening Bug - You're going on one year now, how are you doing? I'm just now finding this thread! I live in NE Plano and had surgery at Forest Park back in June 2010. Going on three years now. Dr. Davidson did my surgery as well. Do you attend the support groups? I have missed since Oct., but normally I like to go every month. The next one is Wed., I PLAN on going!!!

I love my sleeve and find that maintenence is pretty easy. I still weigh and measure my food when we're at home and I weigh every day. Dr. D said it's easier to lose a few pounds rather than eight or ten if you only weigh every few weeks or once a month. Absolutely!!

Anyway.....I hope all is well with you!! Can't wait to hear.