Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

What a nice birthday surprise. Congrats and Happy Birthday.

AAAHHHH!!!! I'm freaking out!!! :D They opened up a new surgery date, and called to let me know I could have it if I wanted!! Well, OF COURSE I said YES!!! hahahaha!!!

We weren't expecting surgery to be until the end of August, at least, so I haven't been very diligent about my diet. Well, even though my Dr. only requires a 1 day liquid diet, I started myself on it yesterday. Decided it was better to go ahead, and try to lose a little more weight, and work on shrinking my liver. Can I just say it SUCKS??!! hahaha!!

My birthday is Friday....what an AMAZING birthday present!! SO excited to start my new life!!!!! :D

Wow!! Quite a few of us on the 27th!! YAY!!

My Dr. only requires a liquid diet for the day before, but I put myself on one on Tues. I did allow myself to eat dinner with my husband at our favorite restaraunt last night, and I was MISERABLE!! Ugh, it was AWFUL!! The food was amazing, but I am DEFINITELY not going to miss that "I'm so stuffed I can't move, and feel like I'm gonna throw up" feeling!!! Even still crappy today from it!! No more for me!! ;)

smacbeth, I see you're in Sterling Heights!! I'm in Adrian (not that you'd know where that is!! haahha!!), and having my surgery at Barix in Ypsi. Are you having yours up in your area???

I actually do know where that is! lol and I'm having mine at St John Oakland Hospital in Madison Heights, MI by Dr. Katz. Starting to get really nervous but the nursing staff has been awesome and this website is great. So glad I've joined. :)

AAAHHHH!!!! I'm freaking out!!! :D They opened up a new surgery date, and called to let me know I could have it if I wanted!! Well, OF COURSE I said YES!!! hahahaha!!!

We weren't expecting surgery to be until the end of August, at least, so I haven't been very diligent about my diet. Well, even though my Dr. only requires a 1 day liquid diet, I started myself on it yesterday. Decided it was better to go ahead, and try to lose a little more weight, and work on shrinking my liver. Can I just say it SUCKS??!! hahaha!!

My birthday is Friday....what an AMAZING birthday present!! SO excited to start my new life!!!!! :D

Happy late birthday sweetie and congrats!

Good luck! I was supposed to be the 27, too. Insurance company is making me pick a later date! Ugh! I'll be thinking of you and you will do awesome!

rolleyes.gif

Good luck! I was supposed to be the 27, too. Insurance company is making me pick a later date! Ugh! I'll be thinking of you and you will do awesome!

rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much for all the encouragement and happy birthday's!!! :)

I'm REALLY starting to get nervous, but OH SO EXCITED!!!

Glad there are so many of us that are doing it together!!! B)

I am supposed to be in the hospital tomorrow morning at 6:00 am. I am getting more nervous by the minute. GOOD LUCK to everyoone else that is also getting sleeved tomorrow!!!

Everyone, please keep us in your prayers!

Your surgery is tomorrow, right! July 27th. I go next Thursday, Aug 4th. I can't wait. I hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will.

Let us know how it went and I you are doing when you're up to it.

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the well wishes!! Things went pretty well, with a few little hiccups (literaly!! ;) ) in there!! Even after making sure that I drank more than 100 oz of fluids the day before, my veins weren't cooperating. They were popping up nice and big, but they either blew or just wouldn't let the needle continue in. So, it took the SIX pokes to get my IV going!!

Surgery went GREAT, I handled it well, but was SOOOOOOO nauseous afterwards!! UGH!! It was AWFUL!! Ended up having to stay on O2 the full day, and half the next, because of all the med's they were giving me to try and keep me from puking my guts out. Dry heaving like crazy as I was doing my walking the halls, and felt like a zombie trying to get through all of that. But, I stayed an extra night, and felt really good by Friday morning!! I've barely even needed any pain med's since being home (though I was pretty nauseous from the ride home, so I battled that again for a bit), and have been able to just relax and enjoy this "not being hungry" feeling!!

Struggling to get my fluids in though, cuz of the fear of nausea, and just sipping. Hoping that will be much better in the next few days. Just SO EXCITED to have the worst of it over, and looking forward to my hubby's date coming up on Aug. 24th!!! :D He kept telling me that I was scaring him, and making him nervous for his surgery!!! hahahaha!! :P