Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do YOU keep track of what you eat & drink?

I'm having a heck of a time keeping track of the liquid I'm drinking and the Protein I'm eating because I can't finish a darn thing!!!! It's driving me bonkers and I'm only two weeks out! I'm sure it will be easier once I get further along and can actually finish a measurable portion of something, but right now, I take two tablespoons of cottage cheese and finish 2/3 of it? Forget about Protein shakes, it takes me HOURS to finish one of those... the only way I can get Protein for sure is if I drink the chicken Soup powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or the unflavored Unjury in beef broth and they both have to be pretty warm when I start drinking because I guarantee they will be cold by the time I finish! uggghhhh, now, don't get me wrong.. .I'm LOVING the thirty pounds I've lost, but not being able to keep good measure is just making me crazy!!! I would love some suggestions!!!

Thanks.

At this stage in the game, you really should only be focusing on staying hydrated. NOT ON PROTEIN!!!

IT is hard enough to drink all your liquids, let alone worry about Protein. So, focus on that for now and don't worry about protein until you move to solid foods!

When you get to that point, use myfitnesspal.com. That is a great website to track all your food, exercise and water!

Best of luck to you!

Kelly :D

When I was newer, for my Water I had a 32 oz water bottle measured off on the side in 1 oz increments. I would fill it up and pour some into a cup--drink the cup eventually, pour another---I could always see how much I had drunk by the level in the bottle. I do the same now, but I drink out of a 16 oz glass and just make a tick mark on my food journal when I finish one. At the end of the day there are always 4 or 5 ticks=64 or 80 oz.

For food, I measured and counted what I measured because sometimes I'd put the leftover half-tablespoon of cottage cheese back in the refrigerator and eat it later. I had already counted it, so it was kind of "free" food.

For my fluids I have a H2O on the go Water bottle that holds 74.4 o of Water. I mix it up the night before (add little flavour like lemon) and put it in the fridge then I pour off the next day into my insulated drink container and drink from that. At the end of the day I need to have drank the whole main bottle to reset up for the next day. Usually I finish early evening and just fill my insulated drink container for extra water for the day. Keeps me in check.

For food I prep different foods (usually on a weekend) and then I put a serving into a snack size sandwich baggy. Freeze on a tray (so they do not stick to each other) and then put the frozen food into a larger freezer baggie to keep the food together. Then I just pull out the food either the night before or 2 nights before to defrost in the fridge. I get a variety of foods that I do not have to cook all the time. And they are portioned out so I do not have to keep track of the food.

This works for me very well.

When I was newer, for my Water I had a 32 oz Water bottle measured off on the side in 1 oz increments. I would fill it up and pour some into a cup--drink the cup eventually, pour another---I could always see how much I had drunk by the level in the bottle. I do the same now, but I drink out of a 16 oz glass and just make a tick mark on my food journal when I finish one. At the end of the day there are always 4 or 5 ticks=64 or 80 oz.

For food, I measured and counted what I measured because sometimes I'd put the leftover half-tablespoon of cottage cheese back in the refrigerator and eat it later. I had already counted it, so it was kind of "free" food.

That's a really good idea! I will have to remember that!

For the TS- (hugs)

If you are drinking warm drinks, you can get a plug in drink heater ( not sure what they are called) just a heated disk. It'll keep your drink warm for the length of time it takes to drink. I also used thermos cups alot to start.

I use an application I downloaded on my IPod called Lean Me. The application has thousands of foods in the data base. If a food is not in the database you can add it. The program tracks my weight, measurements, BMI and all food and liquid intake. This is not your typical $1.99 application. In fact, I think it cost $14.99 and worth much more! It is so easy to use and I don't have to remember to carry a log with me I just drop my IPod in my purse and I'm go to go. I love that the program shows my weight loss graphically and reports on nutrition intake for the day, past 7 days and a 30 day average. Really helps me manage myself!!!

I am a psycho-recycler so I re-use my 16.5 oz Water bottles. Every morning I fill them up (4 of them) with water, add my benefiber and sometimes something like crystal lite or a similar product. When I have finished the 4 bottles I have had my 64 oz of fluids. I can take 1 or 2 with me when I go out and about. It really makes it easy for me. To keep track of my Protein and everything I eat I have an app on my phone called Calorie Count. Online it's caloriecount.com. There are numerous apps, but this one is free. It keeps track of your food as well as water, the amounts of protein, carbs, fat and all the other nutrients and Vitamins. It tracks your weight and BMI. It has a huge database of foods, but you can also add your own custom foods. best of all...it's really easy to use!

I would usually go ahead and count all of what i measured cuz i would normally finish it later. I use myfitnesspal app on my iphone. Its free, and is also a website you can use on the pc as well. I like using the app on phone cuz i always have it with me and it has a huge food database.

:)