Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We all know this surgery has both risks and potential complications. Trying to live with them is dangerous. Perhaps you need to demand more from your surgeon. Hopefully you have health insurance. Start looking for options with other bariatric surgeon. I am sure there is an answer, but first you have to get the doc to admit it is a problem. If he won't, I would keep going to doctors. Someone will help you

This is NOT NORMAL!!! As others have said, you don't want the potentially large bills that come with it, but you NEED to see someone ASAP. Yes, the weight loss is awesome, but your surgeon needs to be concerned about the rest of your health too! Either head to the ER or find someone who will take these complaints seriously. What is happening to you isn't just a pain in the rear, it's downright dangerous.

Please seek medical counsel, this sounds very wrong and alarming. Don't put if off, they need to run tests and do a scope. It does sound like it could be a stricture or blockage, but it could be anything, I'm sorry you are having these issues, and I am hoping they can get it resolved for you soon.

Emergency rooms were created for just these EMERGENCIES! Don't put this off ----you can have your diagnosis today and the ER doctor can also notify your surgeon to its severity. It's YOUR health and body! If your surgeon isn't worried, ask him for a recommendation of another. You need to get very assertive at this point. I'm 13 weeks out and I haven't had one single hour since surgery such as what you are reporting. Life should be splendid by now! Good luck to you and keep us posted on your situation.

Hi all!

I am having a very difficult day! I am 4 mo postop, my sleeve gast was on mar 3, 2011. I have lost 95 lbs and that part is great! The not so great part is the whole other package! I am nauseaus every day, and have to take an expensive pill to keep from feeling sick. liquids are fine, but the minute i ingest a solid, i feel a huge lump in my stomach. I have chronic heartburn and fits of gastric acid and bile reflux that sometimes comes out of my nose! The doc said he fixed my hiatel hernia, but I have never been so acidic! About a few weeks post op, i got very sick, like I had food poisoning! I was throwing up and pooing at the same time, if you can imagine that! This went on all night! Then i was ok and then it happened again last night! I woke up very nauseated and started dry heaving then I kept moving my bowels! I am still extremely nauseaus and I have to miss work tonight, which I really cant afford to do! I really could use some advise!

Karizma, everyone here is right. You must get something done about this NOW. I am only 3 months out and never had any problems like this and I had a hiatal hernia repair done also. Sometimes the repair can cause a little more restriction, but you are in trouble.

I am in the medical field and trust me, surgeons are the worst with the god complex. They think they are infallible and bullet proof. Find a PCP or a gastric doc that will listen to you and do something. My opinion is 95 lbs in 4 months is out of the norm. Please do something soon and keep us posted...Kathe

Dear K,

How are you feeling today? Did you go to the ER? Do you have insurance? I know if I am worried about you so is everyone else. Please update us and meantime I will be praying for you.

I had this after having my ball bladder removed. Even the bowel movements were just Water and bile. There is a powder my doc gave me that helped. I'lll see if I can find the name of it. Feel Better!]

thanks so much for your quick response! I have to wait till monday to discuss with my surgeon, but he does know I've had these complications and just poo poo's them! as long as I'm losing weight, that is his main objective! I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same types of issues and will it ever get better?

thanks so much for your quick response! I have to wait till monday to discuss with my surgeon, but he does know I've had these complications and just poo poo's them! as long as I'm losing weight, that is his main objective! I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same types of issues and will it ever get better?

My surgery was 06/14/2011, and I have delt with numerous complications. I spent over twenty days in the hospital because EVERY night between 12a.m. and 3A.M. I woke up choking, gasping, vomiting bile, it was terrifying at the very least. My dad insisted I get a G.I. consult, it was the best advice. He (the G.I. doc.) scoped me on a Friday and said I had bile reflux and was suffering serious chemical burns starting at the pyloric valve all the way up to my nares, not to mention gastritis, and the force of vomiting pushed my diaphram in my chest cavity. I was angry at my surgeon for not picking up on my symtoms seeing it was a complication of VSG. So to sum it up I was scoped on Friday treated properly and discharged home by Monday and havent thrown up since. Remember, your surgeon specializes in surgery and most likely isnt a gastroenterologist. Besides what could it hurt having a "second pair of eyes" look at you. Hope you feel better soon.