Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some people are just UNBELIEVABLE

Ok, so my surgeon uses a size 30 bougie and so anyone having a sleeve by him have a very very small tummy. He asks people to come back 2 wks after surgery for their first follow up which also involves sitting through a 45 min post-op discussion w/the nutritionist.

I wasn't in this session, but heard about it from someone else who was there. So get this.... they were talking about what foods to eat and when, etc, etc... This lady just up and says how she had heated up a hot pocket the other day and started eating it and SOMEHOW realized after she had eaten almost the whole thing that she wasn't supposed to eat that because she just had surgery.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

I ask, how is it possible to forget that early out- not to mention I couldn't have eaten more than a bite or two before getting that overfill feeling. The time to heat up the hot pocket would have been enough to have made me come to my senses. I guess the Nut just moved right along. I mean, what does a person say.....

Um, hard to believe her because if your surgeon uses a 30 bougie then how could she eat the whole thing? Not possible. We all know it is not. Sounds like a fish tale.

No different than the chick that was eating JELLY BELLY Beans and Red Hot candies as she walked through the San Diego airport after surgery in Mexico on her way back to Canada, and then she had a layover and the airport had a Chili's restaurant and she decided to indulge in their chili and chips and salsa, 2 days post-op.

I'm just hoping people like this do not breed ! ! !

My nurses had horror stories for me after surgery. They said one man went home and ate steak and DIED. And another patient drank soda and had to have emergency surgery...Um what the heck?

Ain't that the truth.

No different than the chick that was eating JELLY BELLY Beans and Red Hot candies as she walked through the San Diego airport after surgery in Mexico on her way back to Canada, and then she had a layover and the airport had a Chili's restaurant and she decided to indulge in their chili and chips and salsa, 2 days post-op.

I'm just hoping people like this do not breed ! ! !

My Nutritionist told us the story of the woman who ate an entire Lean Cuisine entree two weeks after surgery, developed a leak and almost died. I think its a true story, but either way it sure worked to scare the (*$% out of me!

And this right there explains why we should all tackle our food addictions BEFORE surgery. I still shake my head over the lady that suggested eating a lb of bacon in one sitting or half a dozen eggs was a good way to lose.

CRAZY!!! Gosh, I felt bad because I used a straw at a restruant 4 weeks after surgery and about freaked cause I had forgot I wasnt suppose to use a straw! That was a simple oops, but "forgot" I had surgery...never....every day I am thankful.

I just can't understand how people get this amount of food down after surgery. I'm 3 months out today and still cant eat a whole egg at once. I felt guilty for chewing up & then spitting out a french fry at 10 days out because I needed some flavor! Jelly Bellies? WTF?!?

I just can't understand how people get this amount of food down after surgery. I'm 3 months out today and still cant eat a whole egg at once. I felt guilty for chewing up & then spitting out a french fry at 10 days out because I needed some flavor! Jelly Bellies? WTF?!?

I think it just depends on the person. I have been able to eat an entire egg since about 2 weeks post op. I'm 5 weeks now and I am definitely able to eat about 3-4 oz at one sitting. A good friend of mine had the same surgery two weeks before me and she is still not able to eat a whole egg but other foods she has no issues getting 4 oz in per meal.

I can kind of relate, but only in that I felt so good right after surgery that it was easy to forget I had had surgery. Maybe she was just doing things you do automatically, hungry, heat up the hot pocket, sit and eat it, wow, weird I can't seem to eat much of it, Crap, I just remembered most of my stomach is missing!! I never did anything like that but I know that at first I would still cook a pretty large portion of something and then realize, duh, I can't eat all that!!

I am 10 weeks out on Monday and can eat a whole BOILED egg, but not scrambled. It depends on the food!

I can eat 2.5oz of tri-tip but ony 2oz of grilled chicken and about 3oz of salmon.

There is NO WAY I could eat a whole hot pocket or lean cuisine. my nut told a story of a man that ate a whole pizza and died. wtf is wrong with these people?? i have not even tried bread, rice or a cookie. let alone a whole friggen pizza!! and candy 2 days out! WOW!!

Kelly ;)

32 bougie here and 1/4 cup is IT for me- almost 10 weeks out. No matter how I try- 1/4 cup is my world. ;-P

My surgeon has had one fatality in his 11 years of doing bariatric surgery. An RNY patient was released from the hospital- went home and at pizza as soon as he got home. He did not die immediately but did die. WTF? To do that....unimaginable!

Well i was wondering today i had a scrambled egg and 1 piece of bacon im 6 weeks post op... but i can only eat 3 times a day ...i try to eat regulary but i just dont feel like it..