Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 weeks post op and exhausted

I feel so damned tired and worn out. Day after day.

I've never had nausea or reflux or any difficulty eating or drinking. I'm getting in my minium amounts of Protein and Water. I take a Multi specially formulated for bariatric patients, plus: Vit D, B12, Iron, zinc, Biotin, Calcium.

I am just so tired. I work on my feet and have had to shorten my days because I just can't make it through. Some days I'm able to catch a short nap, but still can't wait for bed time, then I wake up exhausted, dreading my day.

I'm hypothyroid, but take my meds faithfully. I was optimized on meds and feeling good with lots of energy and stamania at 320 pounds, but now, at 240, I'm dragging through each day.

I'm not due for lab work for another month and I pay out of pocket, so would prefer not to fork out an extra $500 if I don't have to.

Is this normal to feel so tired this far out? I thought that with this much weight off and this far out, I would be buzzing through my days, but instead, every day is a struggle.

I don't have the answer for ya- sorry- I can sympathize though...

Doc just gave me three more weeks off, due to sending me back to softties land...

so far two meals and no tossing my Cookies :D

My doc is a miracle man! laid his hands on me and healed me... kinda- great advice today...

and have not had any dizzy spells since... (happy dance)

I work on my feet all day, can only sit on breaks... pre-op I caught a nap on my lunch break, if I was going back tomorrow I know I be a wreck...

They say it gets better... My wife (RnY) had more energy about 4 weeks, then she ever had...

It's normal. Many of us stay exhausted for months afterwards. Our bodies have through something traumatic. Not only the surgery itself but our calorie intake was cut drastically. Your body will adjust over time. I am just now starting to find some energy at 4 months post op, but even then it's not a lot of energy. I am wiped out most days and if I could I would take a nap daily ;)

I feel so damned tired and worn out. Day after day.

I've never had nausea or reflux or any difficulty eating or drinking. I'm getting in my minium amounts of Protein and Water. I take a Multi specially formulated for bariatric patients, plus: Vit D, B12, Iron, zinc, Biotin, Calcium.< /p>

I am just so tired. I work on my feet and have had to shorten my days because I just can't make it through. Some days I'm able to catch a short nap, but still can't wait for bed time, then I wake up exhausted, dreading my day.

I'm hypothyroid, but take my meds faithfuly. I was optimized on meds and feeling good with lots of energy and stamania at 320 pounds, but now, at 240, I'm dragging through each day.

I am hypothyroid as well maybe you actually need an increase of your doseage? those lab cost are no joke...

I'm not due for lab work for another month and I pay out of pocket, so would prefer not to fork out an extra $500 if I don't have to.

Is this normal to feel so tired this far out? I thought that with this much weight off and this far out, I would be buzzing through my days, but instead, every day is a struggle.

First congratulations on your big loss. I'm feeling the same way lately. Just had lab work - fine. Taking all Vitamins Calcium and B12. Working out. Maybe our bodies are catching up from rapid weight loss. I can't explain it.