Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Mandi,

Wow you are doing amazing!!! Ottawa is not so far from Dr. C. It's a day trip, mind you a loooong one, but it can be done in a day. I'm rooting for Ottawa. Sorry for you Torontonians, but I've spent enough time in both cities and I would pick Ottawa any time.

Thanks guys, and yes... i do feel pretty good ;)

Donna,

Nothing yet... next week is the big week, for Dan at least. Our insider at the company we're gunning for in Vancouver let us know that the company JUST signed a deal for a whole bunch more feature length films, so they will reaaaally be needing lots of people. Hopefully that's the go-ahead they needed to be able to hire Dan. (and me!) The replies to the follow up emails he sent to the companies he applied at while in Ottawa all said they were reviewing the portfolios and resumes they received, and will contact him next week.

I will definitely keep posting on here what happens :) Thanks for being interested!

<p>Argon: If you do come to Vancouver, we have a support group that meets monthly at the Lions Gate Hospital. We have a HUGE total of 4 and you would be very welcome. Doddie</p>

I just might be up for that Doddie ^_^

Well guys, I've decided to ditch my old once a week official weight recording. I wasn't just weighing once a week, but whenever I felt good about things, and just 'recording' it once a week. Well... from now on, I'm recording it/changing my ticker whenever it's good, and today it was good again, so I'm running with it!! 155.6 today, baby!

On Tuesday, on the Biggest Loser, there was a girl who weighed in at 255, and I thought "Hey, like me!" Weird, eh? Can't get into the "100 and something" mentality.

I am so proud of you Mandi. You have come so far. I wonder how great you feel when you look in the mirror. You look sooo slim in you new jacket picture you posted. Do you ever do a double take when you walk past those places that have mirrors on the glass and realize it is you that looks so fab!!

haha, I totally do! I finally got a full length mirror, and I seriously think it's got some kind of defect, cause I can't be that skinny! I asked Dan if he thinks he looks way too good in that mirror, and he responded with an 'Of course, as usual'! haha

Thanks Donna :hug:

Thanks Yasmina :Banane10:

So, here's a little story:

A month or so ago, Dan and a friend of his were accepted into a art show in Berkley, CA...a benefit for the local humane society. Shortly after, we decided to torture ourselves by going to the SPCA and looking at all the kitties we can't have, because our apartment wouldn't allow it. The SPCA was in quite bad repair, and when we talked to the lady there, she explained all the troubles they've had recently and what bad shape they're in. Dan had the idea "Why not have an art show HERE for the SPCA!?" Told the lady, and she was all for it! (as long as they don't have to do anything)

So, for the past month, we've been getting on the 35 people from work who volunteered to do pieces, to finish them. MOST people did, and we were really happy. My boss wanted to handle the advertising (posters), because he's in charge of corporate branding or something, so he designed the posters, and asked the local college print center to print them out. They did, and they were very nice... we spent the other weekend plastering the town with posters.

Last night was the big night... we had it at a local gallery, where a very awesome lady lent her space and experience... got us a ton of media coverage, donated alcohol (to give away for donations) and snack foods. It went on from 7-11 PM. The deal was that people would come in, look at the art, and if there was something they liked, they would write on the piece of paper beside the art what their bid was (all started at $20). We're going to leave all the bidding open for the rest of the week to try to generate a little more money. BUT, last night, much to our surprise, EVERY piece got bids, and from our last count, the money raised from just the drink donations and bids, was $1200!!! We were really expecting like $500, maybe!

Here's the thing: EVERYONE at work knew about this event. TONS of people said they would come. There were approx. 25-30 artists who contributed art, and maybe 8 of them showed up...maybe 20 of the 120ppl at work altogether showed up. NONE of the 'higher up' people at work, even our boss of all bosses, who also contributed a piece showed up. WTF?! What is wrong with these people? We're not even FROM this town, and we're trying to do something to bring a little culture and MONEY to their SPCA. We're pretty pissed about it.

We've considered when people ask about it on Monday, taking the high road saying "It was awesome... you should have come" or else just sending a mass email thanking those who DID come, and giving everyone else shit.

Still waiting to hear about Dan's job, but we're sure it's happening SOON, so we really don't have anything to lose.

You always want to be on the high road Mandi. Your efforts were wonderful and you should feel great about it. Walk with your head high and don't let stuff get to you. You lookin too good for dat shite girl!!!!!!

Mandi, you look fabulous! Congratulations from Green. And congratulations on putting together the fund raiser for the animals.