Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 of Pre-op diet

I have a pretty generous pre-op diet compared to some - 4 Protein shakes made with skim milk plus 6 other foods per day that include fresh veggies, Soup, yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal and sf Jello. The first 2 days, I did fine - in fact, I couldn't eat everything that I was supposed to as I still had 2 servings of "real food" left at the end of each day. I had thought that maybe I could do this and would not experience the cravings or carb detox as I was taking in 80 g of carbs (thanks mostly to the skim milk).

Today is a different story. I am so hungry! And I am craving pizza, sandwiches and lunchables. I know it's most likely me entering carb detox based on what others have posted on here, but wow, these cravings are bad. I know it's all in my head. I'm trying my best to not give in. I'm drinking lots of Water and trying to do other things to get my mind off of this, but it's tough.

I think that following the pre-op diet is the hardest thing that I've had to do so far. My surgeon lets me have one serving of lean Protein and two Protein Shakes a day. I have yet to follow this perfectly :/ Anyone else out there have any tips to staying on??

Yep, it sucks. I will tell you that I feel better today, on day 5 than I have since I started on Monday. I am veeeeery tired though. My diet is more evil than yours though. I am noticing just small craving but they are getting better. I think it's the detox. We will both get through it!! If you struggle, feel free to call me and we can cry together!

I did aweful yesterday on my pre-op diet. We were in the car driving home from vacation for 18 hours. I ate fast food for all three meals. And this morning, I'm so bloated. I'm hoping alot of it is Water weight. I have to really stick to this diet for the next 9 days. But I also think my Special K Protein drinks were not that good for me. After logging them on my tracker I realized way to many carbs in them. NOw that I'm back home and have my samples of shakes I bought here, going to start on them today.

Has anyone been losing weight yet?

I figured I would weigh myself on Wednesday. I'm currently in Michigan and don't have the scale with me. :)

I did not give in yesterday. I did make it through, so that to me is a victory. Today though is a new day and a new battle....

Day by day is the only way to make it! Every day seems to get easier for me though. I hope it will for you too! I notice I am fuller on less and less. It's still hard to drive past all the fast food places though.

I am able to have 3-4 Protein shakes per day, a salad with Protein (egg, fish, chicken, etc.) This afternoon, I was crazy (I'm seriously pms'ing or something and I can't even imagine starting my flo the day before surgery. Lord, please...) Anyway, I had picked up a tip to make homemade broth and freeze in ice cube trays for post-op...which I did, an excellent homemade low-so broth. So I took a cup worth, drizzled a scrambled egg into it, added green onions and made a faux egg-drop Soup. It totally helped me. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff (like the voice in the back of my head screaming, WAS THAT ON THE LIST???).

I start Clear liquids Monday. Wow...what was I thinking inviting folks to my house for the 4th??

WE CAN DO THIS and it WILL be worth it all!

Well, I got past the pizza cravings. Today I had a craving for Wendy's chili and their new salad (that I've never had) - the berry almond chicken salad. I caved. Strictly speaking the berries and chicken from the salad (I didn't taste any almonds) are not on my pre-op diet nor is the chili. But considering the cravings I have been having that I did not cave to, I don't feel quite so bad about caving to this one. Tomorrow though, I am back on the diet 100%. Hopefully, it didn't screw it up too badly - I think it was still decent choices. But back on the wagon tomorrow as I need this surgery to work and can't keep doing this.

9 days until surgery and I will do this!