Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tough Texan/scared to death

Lol. That's great Jane. You got more "guts" than I do.

Not any more I haven't!! :lol:

Tex - if your wife would like to talk to someone who has been recently sleeved, I would be happy to visit with her. I was sleeved on 2/22 by Dr. Nicholson at the Forest Park Medical Center. This is the best decision I ever made for my health. In 41/2 months I have lost 70 pounds, have gotten rid of my sleep apnea and my high cholesterol, and am off of 3/4 of my blood pressure meds.

I work in Lewisville, TX. If you or she wants to contact me, send me a message and I will give you my contact information.

Very kind of you. She is doing better. 10 days to go. I have cheated a little during the prep diet. A chicken breast every other night. I'm dying of hunger. 10 days until surgery and I'm going to do my best to go liquid only the rest of the way. I honestly don't think I will have any issues after surgery cause I would be scared to screw something up but this 3 week thing is brutal.

Surgery this Thursday. Down to 247. Wondering if there are any guys here under 6 foot that did this when under 250? Should I really be doing this with under 70 to lose?

Good luck to you sweetie I too am terrified! Both we both will get through it wishing you well and a fast recovery! congrats on your journey we both will do just fine :)

Surgery tomorrow morning at 9. Hope I can soon join all of the success stories here. I'm very nervous.

Surgery tomorrow morning at 9. Hope I can soon join all of the success stories here. I'm very nervous.

Good luck we will all be sending best wishes x

50 ex college football player. 5'11" and 260. Two kids 5 &13. High blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol and diabetic on meds Sleeve scheduled with dr Kim on 7/21. I am scared to death.

Been there, done that, I don't have a t-shirt though. I'm amazed at the way my body responded. I didn't have a lot of side effects of the surgery and have only had a couple of minor hiccups with food. My cravings are very low and easy to manage. I had a laundry list of health issues prior to being sleeved (same as you except for the diabetes) I had some heart issues that scared me incredibly. Since being sleeved, the only meds that I take are for Arthritis and some for prostate.

Drop a line and let us know how you're doing.

Ok I have waited to make a post so the first post surgery comments would not be knee jerk. I appreciate Chris comments as everyones. Chris kinda hit home. Surgery was rough for me. Kept me an extra day. First day I was convinced I had ruined my life. Friday I was 90% convinced I was ruined Lol. Came home Saturday feeling pretty bad with a fever. Yesterday I turned the corner and actually had a big old tough Texan cry by myself in a closet. I did this for my kids and my wife. Maybe I shouldn't feel that way but it's the truth. It's now Monday as I'm typing this and I'm now feeling much much better. I don't know where this road ultimately leads but I'm allowing some tempered excitement to enter my thought process. This thread started with a scared to death big old guy that was going to tell it like it is. The good the bad and the ugly. I will continue to be honest with how my sleeve journey is going. It is early and I am not sold yet but due to a lot of kind and loving people here I got thru the surgery. So how do I feel now. Hopeful and excited but tempered with several negative emotions I'm just going to have to work thru.

Hi Tex,

Glad you are on the other side of it now. The general anaesthetic can make you very low and it takes some time to work through your system. I think you will now feel better and better, especially when you get the all clear to move onto solids and you get to appreciate the restriction both in capacity and desire eat. All the best and keep us all posted.

Jane x

Ok an update. I'm still very sore. Like doing crunches kind of sore. Feeling better though. I started this at 258 pn july 1. I am post op plus 6 days and I the scales said 232 this morning. I get to start cream Soups today. Boy am I excited about that. 26 lbs down in less than a month.

Ok an update. I'm still very sore. Like doing crunches kind of sore. Feeling better though. I started this at 258 pn july 1. I am post op plus 6 days and I the scales said 232 this morning. I get to start cream Soups today. Boy am I excited about that. 26 lbs down in less than a month.

Awesome stuff Tex. I fondly remember the cream Soup phase of my recovery. I absolutely loved Cream of Chicken! Keep it up and you'll start believing that you made the right decision.

As an update, I started my journey at 272 lbs at the beginning of the year and as I type this, I'm at 187.4.

Chris.

Hi Tex hang on in there nd we are all rooting for ya xxx

Update time. It's funny how just a short time ago I was the new guy looking for help and now here I am offering encouragement. Make no mistake. For most of you the surgery and right after it will be no cake walk but let me also tell you this. IT WORKS!!!!! my surgery was July 21 and I weighed aprox 250. Now I don't know what the norm is but here it is less than a month and I'm at 215. I'm still more than a week from being able to eat normal unblended food. Dr Kim is tougher than most. Yes I miss the food at times but pretty soon I will be able to eat again although much less of course. I'm glad I did this and I already feel better than I have in years. My doctor has already taken me off of my blood pressure and sugar meeds. Unreal isn't it? Less than a month folks. At this rate I may be 180 before October. Like I said....unreal. Be excited new people and do what your doc tells you to do.