Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~*~Have you ever lied about your weight?~*~

I have lied about my weight, but not to my fiance. My drivers license said 230 and that was a lie at the time, and now I weigh less than what it says :confused:.

I think even if we lie about our weight, to some extent people can tell... but I doubt if anyone would ever call you on it, lol.

No one except DH asks me. It is obvious that I'm obsese so what would a number tell them? My DH asks me a lot. I think he is just curious, and likes to track my progress. He wants to be a part of the weight loss. I never told him. I would just laugh or say I lost 3 lbs, etc. The day of my surgery he asked me if I weighed. I said yes. He said well what are we starting with? I told him. He said OK and that was it. I told him this morning that I have 3 weights - the one at home, the one at the doctor's office, and the one at the surgicenter. Since I have a digital scale and it is different all the time, I decided I would go by the surgicenter scale.

I don't think we should volunteer information we are not comfortable in giving. If we don't want to say we shouldn't feel pressured to say anything. I never have felt threated here sharing my weight, but I did feel uncomfortable sharing with DH. That was personal and embarassing until the day of surgery. That day everything was different.

My husband has ALWAYS known my weight. I have never been ashamed to tell him, we share everything with each other. There is no weight on my Driver's License, but if there was, I am sure I would lie about that.

My friend's here at work that have the band know what I weighed when I started and what I weigh now.

I certainly don't mind posting it here because it helps me and others to see progress and to support each other.

Not many other people know. No one has been rude enough to ask me my weight. I think it is terribly rude to ask anyone how MUCH they weigh. I don't mind at all when someone asks how much I have lost... I cringe though when I tell them, because I am still large now, so I OBVIOUSLY was huge before.

Luckily... in Australia you do not have to give your weight for your drivers license only your height.

But since I've become obese no one has ever asked me my weight....I think most people know it's a bit impolite to ask anyone their weight let alone a fat person.

The first time I was totally honest with myself and my husband about my weight in 7 years was when I went to the Obesity Clinic for my meeting with the nurse and nutritionist. I hopped on the scales and it read 125.5kg (276lbs). I walked straight out of the clinic and told my husband. He was not in the slightest bit shocked or judgemental because he is so proud of me for taking this step to have lapband surgery.

It actually felt great to finally admit what I weighed, almost like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, because I know this is the last time I am ever going to be this weight.....mind you I doubt I would tell anyone else my exact weight simply because it's none of their business!

You're always so insightful, and RIGHT ON!! Thanks for telling it like it is :)

Admiting such information for ME has been very therapeutic. What difference does it really make to anyone else? If I can't be honest to MYSELF, then everything else I do, say, think, write or hum, becomes suspect and unworthy of my best efforts.

If I can't rely on my OWN information, how can I make any kind of good decisions?

Do you set your clock/watch to a different time 'just so I'll have "5" extra minutes' that I know I'll be late/early to my next appointment?

Why bother? it's either TRUE or FALSE. We are either OBESE or MORBIDLY obese. We are not 'plump'; we are not 'a few pounds heavy'; we are not 'big boned'....

Admitting I was Morbidly Obese was what it took to bump me into action.

Admitting I was overeating is what it took to STOP overeating.

Admitting I was nearly 400 # make my shrinking size seem all the more amazing.

Admitting the journey has been tough at times confirms my dedication to a New Life.

Admitting my BMI was 47.5 reinforces the reality of WHY I had co-morbidities popping up like dandelions.

Admitting I HATED to be so fat gave me direction and an action plan for a better life.

Good luck in your journey.

This is the first place I have actually posted my weight and not felt embarassed about it because we are all in this together, going through the same thing. My driver's license has NEVER been right.

I lied for years. To myself, my husband, my doctor (till she weighed me) and everyone else.

I wonder though, with the licence thing.. Will I have to prove I am who I am? I look nothing like the girl in the photo.

I used to lie lie lie, on my license I think it says 180? And at the time I was prolly more like 280. But now, it feels like EVERYONE knows my current and highest weight. And it feels good. For me, it was really hard for me to tell my dad. The first few times he asked I would say 200 something, or just, "a lot, that's all you need to know" but now, he along with all my family know my highest was 303 and I'm at 207. That's 96 pounds down and I am damn proud of it.

A girl friend of mine asked me once what I weigh.

I told her I don't really like to share that info and she gave me a real hard time about it, insisting that I am lying to MYSELF. What a selfish person eh? Well I never told her, but we argued about it and to a degree made me question the friendship.