Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone I'm new to chat and this website so if i do it wrong laugh like hell you will get used to me:faint: I visited yesterday and read alot of funny things. you guy's cracked me up... However, I have finall y figured out how to get on an ask a question. I plan on having my surgery done by Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in monterrey mexico, has anyone heard good or bad about this Dr? If you write me and I don't write back I couldn't figure this out. Thanks in advance.:(

snowflake...we are our here! If you find your thread again, just click on "post reply" at the bottom and type away. You'll get the hang of it! This is a message board, not a chat room, so the replies stay here and don't go away when you log off.

We have several Dr Rod patients here. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

Welcome to LBT!

Hi Everyone. I am new to this sight but have been playing around with it for a few days. I had my surgery done at NYU by Dr. Christine Ren in April of 2003. I started out at 239,(according to the hospital scale and the nurse did not let me lean on anything!). I lost about 50lbs as of now. My lowest was 185 though but I kind of yo-yo. I had the hiatal hernia thing done too at that time. My band slipped and the hernia came back and I had the surgery again in Jan. 2005. Up until last week I was not a diligent bandster. I didn't go around sucking down chocolate milkshakes but I definitely ate foods that are not compatible and got sick way too often. After 3 and a half years though it finally getting through my thick head to stop it. Although it has only been a week of behaving, I believe that perhaps I am growing up finally at age 40. My problems were definitely my fault.:hungry: :cry

I found my way back, 3 hours later I guess you've gone away now? :( Well I'm sure you will come again. Thanks for your responce. I'm nervious as a cat about this surgery. My husband is not supportive at all and I'm worried that I may be making a mistake. Then I get all worked up again and know this is the best thing I could do. I eat constantly and graze for food in the kitchen, is it possible to eat only 1 1/2 cups of food and not starve to DEATH?

Hi Jean, Are you who I think you are? or are you another jean?

Yes, I just wanted to make my presents known.

Jean

Snowflake,

I'm sorry to hear your hubby is not supportive. But know that you have a HUGE support group here. I bet when you start losing weight and he sees how great you feel and look he will change his mind.

I had my band done in the states. But I've leard lots of good reports here about the Mexico docs. Maybe someone here can explain how to do a search of the site to pull up some of those threads. I'm not too computer literate myself and tend to stumble around on it. LOL. :(

Don't get swayed away from this - it is important to take care of yourself if anything to be there later for hubby!!

Terry

Thanks for the support. I really do appreciate that someone understands and has been there to help hold my hand through this. My husband is a good man he is just worried that I'm making mistake by going out of the country. I'm glad to hear that Dr. Rod has some good feed back. A local friend of mine goggled him somehow and there were alot of positives about him. Thanks some much for making me feel welcome what a comforting feeling that people I dont know can be so inspiring. Good friends are always hard to find.