Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat for breakfast???

Hi everyone!! I'm wondering what everyone eats for Breakfast. I'm on solids now for over a week, but I seem to be eating something that is a no on my list. I like eating the greek yogurt, but my nut. says that I should be eating something more solid. I'm not a breakfast eater and the Greek yogurt gives me the Protein I need. I can't eat eggs everyday and I love cold Cereal but again its a no on my list because of the sugar and carbs. Please if any of you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks...:thankyou:

Hi everyone!! I'm wondering what everyone eats for Breakfast. I'm on solids now for over a week, but I seem to be eating something that is a no on my list. I like eating the greek yogurt, but my nut. says that I should be eating something more solid. I'm not a breakfast eater and the Greek yogurt gives me the Protein I need. I can't eat eggs everyday and I love cold cereal but again its a no on my list because of the sugar and carbs. Please if any of you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks...:thankyou:

My nutritionist approved one of the Kashi Go Lean cereals. Not all of them, but one that is high Protein and low sugar. I typically have cottage cheese for breakfast. I like the Breakstone brand with the small fruit sauce that comes on the side. It is 100 calories and 8 grams of protein. I also have weight control instant oatmeal - brown sugar. It is pretty high in carbs, but I typically have it one of the weekend mornings. I have also had 1/2 Protein Drink and 1 string cheese some mornings. This morning I splurged and made french toast. I used one slice of whole grain high protein bread dipped in one egg. I saturated it good so that I used the entire egg. I then put one Tablespoon of sugar free Syrup over the top. It was delicious! It's not something I would eat every day, but it was a treat for today! I hope this gives you some ideas.

I avoided cereal/grain products because of carb and sugar counts as well. So, as disgusting as it sounds, I ate leftovers from the day before. It was nothing out of the ordinary for me to eat 4-6oz of chili for breakfast, or ate ground meat with taco seasoning, cheese and greek yogurt.

I am not a fan of breakfast food at all. Soft poached eggs worked well, but I couldn't stand eating them all the time. Breakfast was always a challenge for me, but when I just considered it as just any other meal eating became easier.

I'm 17 months out, so my choices are large, normally I'll have some pecans, or almonds, yogurt, or those bagel thins toasted (not all together mind you! :P ) Sometimes cereal (Kashi + protein) or a breakfast taco. sometimes nothing except my coffee. I believe you should be able to have whatever for breakfast, even if it's dinner food like Tiffy overthere. . (love chili or hamburger meat for breakfast! Definately not gross). . I think we are just made to believe breakfast is supposed to be breakfast. . . I even eat spaghetti and meat sauce for breakfast. :D

I think greek yogurt is a pretty good choice for breakfast. I also add it to a lot of my other meals for increasing Protein. I also like cottage cheese. String cheese. I had 1/4-1/2 cup mashed up leftover white Beans. An Atkins shake. Refried beans w/white qeuso cheese and greek yogurt. I've had cream of wheat once. But I am trying to get protein in every meal. Soft scrambled egg w/cheese(can't eat it all) As others said, anything I would eat at other meals, doesn't have to be traditional breakfast items.

My go-to breakfasts:

• part of an over-microwaved all natural hot dog (or turkey dog), w/o the skin (the skin is hard to digest but when over-cooked in the microwave til it pops, the innards are yummier!) -- I eat maybe 1/2 to 3/4 depending
  • all natural (not starched up) cottage cheese with a tiny bit of sugar-free jam - 1/4 to 1/3 cup
  • canned tuna with salt, pepper, garlic powder & a bit of cheese melted on top - like a tuna melt - 1-2 oz
  • some leftover meat from the day before, possibly chopped up in some soup

Cottage cheese is more solid AND has more Protein than greek yogurt, even tho it's super easy to eat, so it's a real winner. Tuna is also super high in protein and yet easy on the tum.

Thanks Everyone, but the list I was given from my nut. says that I should be eating more solid things. I see everyone enjoying string cheese (love it) but didn't think I could eat it. Also cottage cheese is one of my favs to but again I'm told more solid things. Well I'm just going to see if I try other things like you guys are suggesting and if I lose then I wont worry about it, but if I don't then I'll worry and ask my nut. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

I don't understand why you nut won't let you eat yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast. I get that they want you eating more solid foods, but every meal? Before surgery I used to eat yogurt for breakfast anyway. My problem is I eat breakfast at work, so I need somethign that I don't need to prepare and is easily transportable. Yogurt is just that.

Good luck!

I have had the same problem. But this week, I have been having Thomas Whole Wheat Thin Bagels (110 Calories, 24g carbs, 6g protien) sometimes I only have half of a bagel. Then I put Peanut Butter on top or cottage cheese with a bit of salsa or just melted cheese. This is pretty much all the 'carbs' I eat for the day, but I could not stomach a sweet shake or yogurt one more day. Also 'The World According to Eggface' has some great recipes for eggs in tiny muffin pans if it is a time issue or just for a change. I have also done a hard boiled egg slices on a thick Tomato slice.

Hope this helps,

Steven

@ re7777..yeah I think its weird too, but I'm the same as you its easy to take to work..@ Steven..thank you for that suggestion it sounds very yummy!! I've heard those bagal thins are not to bad to digest..and I'd also probably only be able to eat half..Thanks again everyone for your feedback..it is greatly appreciated!!:rolleyes:

Some days I do half of a bagel thin with a little Peanut Butter but most days I drink a Protein shake and have a little fruit. I love greek yogurt too and sometimes have that with fruit in the morning. I think as long as you are eating something and getting in Protein you should be able to eat what you want be it breakfast food or not.

I drink the Premier Protein shakes. They have 30 grams of Protein and I buy them in bulk from Sam's. This works for me. I'm not much of a breakfast person either but I want to make sure I get in all my protein each and every day. Hope this helps.

I usually choose from one of the following:

- a brie bite (from Trader Joes) broken in 4 pieces with 4 flax pita crackers.

- vanilla yogurt with slivered almonds mixed in

- flax oatmeal packet with a little vanilla Creamer in it

I eat more solids later in the day. I don't have time to cook anything in the morning, so I am limited in what I can carry in my purse and eat at work. I can see that mushy / liquids can end up giving you more calories than you want, but the AM can be tough for solid food. It is not very convenient and some of us have trouble eating solids first thing in the morning.

Good luck---

I like Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal. It doesn't have as much sugar and I usually add a few walnuts for Protein. I eat about 1/4-1/2 cup of this which really fills me up. I can make it at work too.

I usually have one of the following:

3/4 cup of Kashi with almond and flax

or

yogurt

or

Protein bar

or

Protein shake. (all with a cup of decaf)

My NUT says to eat high Fiber for breakfast and high Protein for lunch and dinner. I have found this works for me and don't follow a crazy no carb rule for breakfast. The most type of carb I eat is a pita shell.

Hope this helps:)

Nina