Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on Monday (6/6) at UCLA

Thank goodness I am not alone! It is getting better day by day. I find it much easier to drink standing up,can still be funky, but better.

Congrats on your surgery. I was sleeved 6/7/11 and also started full liquids today. I had a Protein shake this morning followed by 8-12 oz of Water in the hours after that and another shake around 3pm. So far I've gotten 54 of my 60grams of Protein in for the day so I'm concentrating on my Water.

I never really had issues with drinking, just sipped and it went down. I pretty much can take a 2oz drink or close to it and it goes down fine now. My doc said to shoot the 2oz at once and you'll feel a tightness in your chest which is actually saying your full and then as it subsides the stomach is emptying. It's helped me, although it's hard to drink when you're not hungry or thirsty. Oh well...I'll just keep at it.

As far as pills, my doc also said ok to swallow anything that was as small or smaller than a pencil eraser. If it's bigger either crush it (yuck) or cut it to eraser size and then take it. I've taken my antacids since Thursday and my "happy" pills since yesterday and have had no issues. Of course, check with your doc since everyone is different but it's worked for me.

Look forward to seeing you progress. Good luck!

Kim :)

That's tough with the pills. I had a dissolvable acid reducer when I came home from surgery, but I hear it is only available in Mexico. I also had chewable tylenol, just in case I needed it. I didn't start Vitamins until the 2nd week and, when I did, I was taking a chewable Vitamin.

My throat was really scratchy and felt weird for at least a week or 2. I think it was the tube in the throat and some night-time acid that was keeping it raw.

Keep pursuing alternatives on the pills with your doctor. Also, you live in LA, it might be worthwile for you to drive down to San Diego and take a quick walk over the border to pick up some Nexium MUPS which dissolves in Water. I'll admit, after the 2nd week I wanted to gag on the dissolved tablets, but it worked and it was easy on my new stomach. I started "real" pills after 4 weeks, per my surgeons instruction.

Mking I had the same problem. I could not swallow for days after so they kept me in the hospital. The irritation was due to the throat tube. For me it was a little painful and I struggled swallowing everything. I have to tell you the pain does eventually go away. I am three weeks post of and that is one things I do not worry with any more. Now the gas is still here and I swear I feel it will never go away. I am taking the medicines the dr has perscribed and I have to say its getting better but still the worse gas I have ever had. I am still new at this but it will get better. I know everyone says this but it does.