Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found some flatout Flatbread - Light Italian Herb at SuperTarget today and decided to make the following for lunch

***I made a whole one and split it with my hubby***

Flatout Flatbread pizza

1 Flatout Light Italian Herb flatbread

2 Tbsp Classico Traditional Basil Pesto

about 8-10 Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms

5 fresh Sweet Basil Leaves

2 Tbsp of Shredded Parmesean cheese

a dash of Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb

Put it under the broiler until the cheese melted then split it in half with my Hubby - It was Yummo!!

Here is the Breakdown - for 1/2

Calories - 217

Carbs - 12.34

Protein - 11.29

Just thought I would share :)

You must have gotten switched to soft foods or something else when I wasn't looking! Flatbread? Are you sure about eating that right now? I do not want to be a nay sayer, especially for my RV Gurl but I think you should be careful- bread products swell and are not usually added until much later (with my doctor never really advised) and you are not even a month quite yet. Is it on your food list? I am on mushies until 6 weeks to make sure everything is healed and I want my girl Michelle to be aok! Be careful!

Awww thanks for worrying about me Meggie, but Yep, Really toasted breads and tortilla's are on my lists for days 21-42 - I can even have Crackers - Nut says that if you dont toast the breads they do ball up in your stomach and you wont be able to digest them, but if you toast them really well, so they crunch when you bite into them then chew chew chew, they turn into really fine pieces and just go away and wont just sit in your stomach.

I have found just by reading here, that every plan is different, and everyone seems to be ok on what thier Dr tells them to do - I guess its also different for each person, what one person can handle, the other may not be able to -

Oh BTW - the flat bread I used today, was really thin, and when it went under the broiler it because really crunchy and basically was chewed into dust before swallowing :)

Luv Ya Meggie :D

You must have gotten switched to soft foods or something else when I wasn't looking! Flatbread? Are you sure about eating that right now? I do not want to be a nay sayer, especially for my RV Gurl but I think you should be careful- bread products swell and are not usually added until much later (with my doctor never really advised) and you are not even a month quite yet. Is it on your food list? I am on mushies until 6 weeks to make sure everything is healed and I want my girl Michelle to be aok! Be careful!

That sounds delish!!

I am not allowed bread products for another 2 months, but will keep this in mind for then! YUMMMMO!!

I use to use Flatouts all the time pre-op. They are soooo good!

I am glad that you are progressing so well!!

Kelly

:)

Awww thanks for worrying about me Meggie, but Yep, Really toasted breads and tortilla's are on my lists for days 21-42 - I can even have Crackers - Nut says that if you dont toast the breads they do ball up in your stomach and you wont be able to digest them, but if you toast them really well, so they crunch when you bite into them then chew chew chew, they turn into really fine pieces and just go away and wont just sit in your stomach.

I have found just by reading here, that every plan is different, and everyone seems to be ok on what thier Dr tells them to do - I guess its also different for each person, what one person can handle, the other may not be able to -

Oh BTW - the flat bread I used today, was really thin, and when it went under the broiler it because really crunchy and basically was chewed into dust before swallowing :)

That does sound delish!! Glad you tolerated it well, and splitting with your hubby was a great idea. It's kinda fun trying to be creative and come up with new things to eat outside of the normal. I am looking forward to more variety too.

Oh now I am craving them! Oh well....sometimes I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in two or three weeks!

I guess the only thing I would caution is if you do decided to count carbs bread and crackers will add to that without adding much else! As well as sometimes triggering carb craving- like the mental one I am having right now for crispy flatbread without even having it ! :P

Love right back at you!

That's interesting.

My doc told me to eat saltines early on for my low blood sugar issue. I asked about eating something crunchy...I mean it's only 1 or 2 but still. He didn't give an explanation. I've read here that toast goes down well but bread doesn't. If I ever get to where I can eat more than 3 ounces, I would not mind having to toast things at all.

Hey Michelle and Meggie,

Wanted to let you both (and everyone else) know that what I ate for dinner!

I cooked some cross-rib roast in the slow cooker all day with some sliced onion with garlic, salt and pepper. It was super moist and tender. I made some mashed potatoes and brown gravy.

I took a little less than 1/3 c of the roast and smashed it real fine with my fork and put some gravy on it and about 3 TBSP of mashed potatoes with gravy. I only ate about half of what was on my plate, but BOY OH BOY did I ever think I was in HEAVEN!!

It was so nummy and I really think I am starting to feel more "NORMAL" everyday!!

I am taking the rest of what was on my plate for my lunch tomorrow!! I am really starting to love my sleeve!!

Hugs,

Kelly

Oh Yumm Kelly - See your starting to eat more and a better variety!! Good for you girl :)

Hey Michelle and Meggie,

I cooked some cross-rib roast in the slow cooker all day with some sliced onion with garlic, salt and pepper. It was super moist and tender. I made some mashed potatoes and brown gravy.

I took a little less than 1/3 c of the roast and smashed it real fine with my fork and put some gravy on it and about 3 TBSP of mashed potatoes with gravy. I only ate about half of what was on my plate, but BOY OH BOY did I ever think I was in HEAVEN!!

It was so nummy and I really think I am starting to feel more "NORMAL" everyday!!

I am taking the rest of what was on my plate for my lunch tomorrow!! I am really starting to love my sleeve!!

Hugs,

Kelly

Hey Michelle and Meggie,

Hugs,

Kelly

OH YUMMMMMMMMM!!!! I think I get that after next week....I see my dietician Thursday and will get more of an idea what happens when. I am practically in heaven even thinking about your dinner.

OMG, you guys are so lucky. My doctor told me no starches what so ever.....I am craving mashed potatoes so bad. I am on mushines till 7/8. He is being so conservative. Let me know if you have any good reciepes :rolleyes: