Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. James Davidson

I'm curious to what others have experienced going through surgery.

Please tell me your experiences right before, during (if you know), and after surgery. I really want to know what it will be like ... I know that everyone has different experiences.

Thank you soooo much!

He was my Doctor and I had a great experience. They give really good support and the nutrition classes are informational and fun...at least my group was. I had an issue with one of the major office personal but I did not have to deal with that person much so it was something I could let go. Sandi was great. The doctor is a rather...stiff kind of military guy but he is one hell of a surgeon.

The surgery center was beyond wonderful. The staff there was top notch and I felt so cared for. I opted to leave the next day and if I had to do it again, I would stay the extra day. Pain was very minimal but I did have an issue about 2 weeks out when the scar tissue grew around my nerves. It was terribly painful and lasted for 2 weeks with next to nothing to be done for it. Once I pushed through that, I was good. I am more than a year out and I have lost 91 pounds. I would not do anything different except to do it many years sooner.

He was my Doctor and I had a great experience. They give really good support and the nutrition classes are informational and fun...at least my group was. I had an issue with one of the major office personal but I did not have to deal with that person much so it was something I could let go. Sandi was great. The doctor is a rather...stiff kind of military guy but he is one hell of a surgeon.

The surgery center was beyond wonderful. The staff there was top notch and I felt so cared for. I opted to leave the next day and if I had to do it again, I would stay the extra day. Pain was very minimal but I did have an issue about 2 weeks out when the scar tissue grew around my nerves. It was terribly painful and lasted for 2 weeks with next to nothing to be done for it. Once I pushed through that, I was good. I am more than a year out and I have lost 91 pounds. I would not do anything different except to do it many years sooner.

Just wondering if Dr. Davidson gave you anything for nausea before surgery. Also, did he use a drain and/or a catheter? thank u!

I replied to you on another post I think but no to all 3 but I never had an issue with nausea so that was not an issue. Come to think of it, if I had a catheter, I would not have known...Good luck with it all. Once you get through the first few months, you will wonder why you waited so long!

Just wondering if Dr. Davidson gave you anything for nausea before surgery. Also, did he use a drain and/or a catheter? thank u!

I was terrified of throwing up. I let them know and the anesthesiologist gave me something, then they put something in my iv, then I took an oral anti-nausea medicine. He even gave me a bottle to take home. No catheter, no drain. My Iron was too low and I had to have an iron supplement iv. He came to see me after the iv at like 9 pm that night and signed the papers so I could go home. I don't know if it's normal for a surgeon to be there from 7 am until after 9 pm. I liked him.

Thank you so very much for responding! It means a lot!