Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've finally hit 75 lbs down. It's been slow going this last month but I finally did it. I've officially hit my halfway marker. Well, halfway give or take 10-20 lbs depending on how I feel I look best once I get there. I'm shooting for 150 as a visable goal but like I said, it could be more or less. The day before my surgery (1/25) I was 314.8 and I've finally hit 239.8. I'm within about 15 lbs of weighing what I did when my husband & I started dating. My BMI was 50.8. That's insane. I still don't see the loss on me. I still feel like Zucherman's Famous Pig. Had I gone to the livestock show, I feel like I would've accidently won the blue ribbon. ;) I've gone from a 28 to a 20/22 (by Old Navy standards). My husband cut one of my old bras right down the middle so I wouldn't fish it out of the trash. It ws entirely too big in the band. He said I would've had to tie it like a bikini top to do any good. I wish the loss would come a little quicker like it used to. I have to admit I'm getting frustrated at the SLOW loss but this time last year? I probably would've been gaining slowly every week as I'm losing slowly every week now. I've got to keep that in mind. I still haven't looked at the picture my husband took of me the night before the surgery. I think this weekend I'll stand for another picture and finally take a look at the old one. Maybe. What bothers me is people I haven't seen since pre-surgery haven't had the "hitting the roof" reaction I'd hoped for. 75 lbs isn't circus peanuts. It makes me wonder if I'm RIGHT in not seeing much of a difference or what. *shrug*

Congratulations! And LOL at your hubby cutting up your bra! Sounds like something my hubby would do!!! I understand about wanting that "hit the roof reaction" I am really looking forward to that and I would be disappointed if I didn't get it, but you know how far you have come! Keep up the good work!!!!!

Congratulations! Keep up the great work. :D

Who cares if it's slow? We're not in a race. Do it slow and healthy and then you'll be more inclined to maintain it. You're doing a bang up job. When are you posting picks?

Wow! That is a lot of weight to lose. 75 pounds in just over 4 months?!?! You are doing a fantastic job! Just think how thin you are going to look this Christmas as compared to last Christmas. I always think about how I will look then, because there are always so many pics taken. And I won't be running from the camera this time!

Good luck to your 'second half' of weight loss.smile.gif

I don't think 75 lbs lost since January is slow at all! I think it is amazing and congratulations for all of your hard work!

It would seem like you'd have more comments about your weight loss but honestly most people are so involved in their own lives that they don't pay as much attention to us as we think!! :P I will be seeing some family members later this month who haven't seen me in over a year and I have a bet with my hubby that several of them won't notice at all that I have lost weight. It isn't nearly as much as you but I've lost a lot in my abdomen and I FEEL like it is pretty dramatic.

Congratulations again and sounds like it is time to post some pictures!

Thanks guys! :)

MissBliss - I took the opportunity to buy a new one yesterday LOL so nyah on him! ;)

Shanny- I know it's not a race and I know slow & steady WINS the race... I just got so used to seeing 5 lbs a week go and now it seems like frozen dogpoop moving uphill in a snowstorm slow. LOL The few days during the week when the scale doesn't move puts me in a grumpy mood. Even a few ounces would make me happy! LOL

Disney- Thank you. It is a ton of weight in 4 months isn't it. By my calculations (and my calculations are NEVER to be trusted) I should be about 150 by then if my loss keeps going at this rate. I can't wait to get to WDW and be able to buy whatever I want. I'm so going to hit TrenD too. I have my eye on the monorail spiel tshirt too! ;)

Beadingnurse- I know... lol intellectually it makes sense but dammit! I've cut out part of my stomach and dropped an insane amount of weight! LOL You'd think I'd get more of a reaction than "hey you look good" (my brother in law) or a shady side eye (friends) to no comment at all (friends). What drives me nuts is since my husband started his new job late December, he's dropped a TON of weight naturally and he's still eating like normal. I mean a TON! Our friends always end up fawning over how much he's lost! I'm like "uh hello!!!" It drives him nuts too.

My other brother in law is getting married in September so that's something. There will definitely be pictures taken there. I've also got a mental NSV too. His fiancee invited MIL & I to the shower up in Houston. Pre surgery? I wouldn't have considered going. No way in monkey hello. Now? I don't mind... I'll go. I'm not so embarassed over myself and not hiding out like a hermit with a tamale hanging out of my mouth anymore. :)

I might post some pictures soon. I need to see if I cant find the cord to my camera.

Thanks guys! :)

MissBliss - I took the opportunity to buy a new one yesterday LOL so nyah on him! ;)

Shanny- I know it's not a race and I know slow & steady WINS the race... I just got so used to seeing 5 lbs a week go and now it seems like frozen dogpoop moving uphill in a snowstorm slow. LOL The few days during the week when the scale doesn't move puts me in a grumpy mood. Even a few ounces would make me happy! LOL

Disney- Thank you. It is a ton of weight in 4 months isn't it. By my calculations (and my calculations are NEVER to be trusted) I should be about 150 by then if my loss keeps going at this rate. I can't wait to get to WDW and be able to buy whatever I want. I'm so going to hit TrenD too. I have my eye on the monorail spiel tshirt too! ;)

Beadingnurse- I know... lol intellectually it makes sense but dammit! I've cut out part of my stomach and dropped an insane amount of weight! LOL You'd think I'd get more of a reaction than "hey you look good" (my brother in law) or a shady side eye (friends) to no comment at all (friends). What drives me nuts is since my husband started his new job late December, he's dropped a TON of weight naturally and he's still eating like normal. I mean a TON! Our friends always end up fawning over how much he's lost! I'm like "uh hello!!!" It drives him nuts too.

My other brother in law is getting married in September so that's something. There will definitely be pictures taken there. I've also got a mental NSV too. His fiancee invited MIL & I to the shower up in Houston. Pre surgery? I wouldn't have considered going. No way in monkey hello. Now? I don't mind... I'll go. I'm not so embarassed over myself and not hiding out like a hermit with a tamale hanging out of my mouth anymore. :)

I might post some pictures soon. I need to see if I cant find the cord to my camera.

We went to WDW last November (at my heaviest) and I can NOT wait to go back thinner. It is going to be heaven! I knew I was having this surgery when we went, so I did buy ONE thing in a smaller size, a Mickey jacket and it fits now!!!

WOW! Can you believe you are going to be HALF the person you were??? Amazing!smile.gif

Hello and Congrats!!

I am eagerly waiting for my 75 loss mark! I am at 72,, - I wanted to comment that I too am surprised that some people totally do not notice I have lost any weight at all.. I am not trying to be vain or a glory seeker, it actually is like a little game to see who will or will not say something or ask me a question about my weight loss. Kind of a bummer, I saw my niece memorial day weekend, first time I have seen her since Christmas and she did not notice or say a thing!

On the other side of the coin, I dont like it when people are too noisy and ask such personal questions...!

Congrats again 75 loss is great!!!

All of my old Disney shirts that used to fit me like sausage casings are fitting now! I have one of all the Disney Dogs I believe from Disney Tales (rip). That shirt used to look like.. Hulk Smash! on me. I wore it Saturday and my husband noticed it's actually baggy on me now! I'm a little sad about all my WDW Sweatpants that I'll have to give up but I'm hanging onto my hoodies! I don't care if they fit me like trashbags! LOL

To be thin - I KNOW what you're talking about! Congrats at 72! I was antsy as all get out at that mark.. waiting for 75 to hit already. LOL I'm fully willing to admit I'm being vain & glory seeking! The amount of weight we're all losing is deserving of it! It'd be nice and kind of... affirming if people would actually notice in a genuinely happy manner. We've gone through hello & back to get here.

Half of the people I've run into are heavy to begin with and the husband & I think it's jealousy. One friend this past weekend tried to tell me she was a 20/22 and K&I both looked at each other like... BS because that's where I'm at now. These are the friends who we always had near Roman feasts with and just unhinged the jaw and sucked it all back together. Plus they're gaining as well. There are friends we haven't seen since I was in the hospital.

The other side of the coin, like my thin brother in law, is probably unsure of what to say. I don't think he wants to really gush and make me feel bad but at this point I don't think it'd make me feel bad because I'm not there anymore. I need to hear it.

So I'm coming to the conclusion people are either A- being shady or B- not wanting to make too big of a deal out of it to keep me from feeling uncomfortable. I've also come to the realization the only ones I can count on to give me that affirmation (because I can't SEE it myself because I see myself DAILY) is my husband and my parents. I don't think anyone else is really as emotionally invested as those 3 people plus myself. As far as the personal questions go, you know that doesn't bother me one bit. I'm a tell all kind of person and I haven't met a question I haven't been able to answer head on or felt uncomfortable answering. I was more uncomfortable in my own skin at 314 (and EVERYONE knowing it) than being much smaller and answering too personal questions.

How true!!! I love your outlook on people!!! :D

Good luck.. hey, have you set a goal for hitting 100 loss yet? I was hoping to hit the 100 lbs loss by August 1st. It's going to be very, very tough... but most goals are!!!!

Hellooo there!!! I haven't seen you around in awhile. :)

It looks like you are still doing excellently! I see that advice I gave you awhile back worked? Just a guess... LOL B) Keep up the excellent rock and rolling of that sleeve because it's sure working for you! If you do take pictures, I definitely want and DESERVE to see them. Thank you oh so much... heehee!!

@Disney: Wow, you really got me thinking just now. What will I look like at Christmas?? Well, I will be at goal and maybe even more, so I know I'll be feeling mighty fine!

Great job really to all of you, you are all doing your thing - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Keep on keeping on!

I agree with you about people being jealous if they are heavy too. They do see that you are doing what they want to do and haven't been able to or haven't come to the life changing decision to do so. So never mind them, they will see it but probably won't say anything until it seems rude not to LOL. I also think the second is true too, a lot of people that aren't heavy don't know what to say when they see that kind of weight loss. Great job and keep up the good work!