Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

food has always brought me pleasure and excitement. I love to eat. Eating always gave me something to do. I never got bored when it came to food.

But now that I'll be having my sleeve tomorrow, I'll need to fill that void where food used to be.

What activities have you sleevers found to fill in that void where food used to be? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

food has always brought me pleasure and excitement. I love to eat. Eating always gave me something to do. I never got bored when it came to food.< /p>

But now that I'll be having my sleeve tomorrow, I'll need to fill that void where food used to be.

What activities have you sleevers found to fill in that void where food used to be? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

I think you have to change your focus. I am like you, I love food - it was entertainment and fun. I enjoy cooking and feeding people. Growing up, food was love. But now, we need to fill our soul with other types of joy - exercise, travel, gaming, reading, shopping etc. We will need to find something to fill that void. I am not saying we will never enjoy food again - we will. But finding something to take the main focus off the next meal will be important. I am reading the Emotional First Aid Kit and it really harps on changing your mindset pre and post op.

You can do it! I have faith!

:cheer2:

I think you have to change your focus. I am like you, I love food - it was entertainment and fun. I enjoy cooking and feeding people. Growing up, food was love. But now, we need to fill our soul with other types of joy - exercise, travel, gaming, reading, shopping etc. We will need to find something to fill that void. I am not saying we will never enjoy food again - we will. But finding something to take the main focus off the next meal will be important. I am reading the Emotional First Aid Kit and it really harps on changing your mindset pre and post op.

You can do it! I have faith!

:cheer2:

For me right now this is hard. I am only one week post op and I honestly didn't realize how much energy and thought would be put into my sleeve as soon as I got home. I am constantly thinking about it...do I have enough to drink...I need to drink....when can I eat again...can I chew gum....what about Vitamins.... All of my focus is my sleeve. I know this WILL get better when I can do my normal activity again. I love to exercise and have always done so even though I am overweight. I can't wait to start again and I know this will take my mind off food. It's just that right now in this moment it's tough. I do know that I'll make it through and so will all of you!

Honestly, I was the same way, I love to cook, I love going out and trying new food. But after I was sleeved, I wasn't hungry at all, and whenever I eat, the tiny amount I get in, makes me so full that I don't even want to think about food for the next few hours. I guess I have just lost my apetite for food right now, because its hard to put so much energy into something that your new tummy might not agree with.

I'm hoping that in time, I will be able to eat a little more (I'm only 3 weeks out) but the last thing that's been on my mind is wanting to eat. I literally have to force myself to eat sometimes.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

I developed a relationship with my treadmill.... it was hard, one of us did not want to cooperate but slowly I gave in and accepted the fact that the time I had spent at night "snacking" and sitting around watching TV, would be better spent on the treadmill... it is so hard to change old habits... but, when I am done walking my 45 minutes on the treadmill each night, I do feel better, I have a clear mind, a good outlook and I dont feel deprived of snacking & watching tv!

It is so odd.... trust me, I am not a fitness person or walking person, but I truly want to lose weight and forced myself to be on the treadmill.. now it is slowly becoming habit!

Good Luck in finding what works for you...

You know, I never ever realized how much I depended on food emotionally until this past weekend. Let's just say that I have had a a BAD time, and I did try to turn to my old comfort more than one time, and FAILED miserably on every occasion except one! We opened the pool to find one of the underground skimmer lines has busted over the winter and we need to have someone come out and fix it, there is Water building up behind our brand new (last summer's heartbreak $8K)liner! So, I made a batch of cinnamon Buns for Breakfast for the kids ya know, and tried to eat one, NOPE not happening! Then we were at the pool store so we stopped at smoothie King to get me some Protein and I order a Medium Gladiator Magosteen, thought I would chug it down (2 hours later), at least it was healthy! Tried to have a good humor bar or 3, got so sick I puked my guts up! Next day the kids want BK for Breakfast on the way back to the pool store, i ordered a sausage biscuit, ate half got sick, drank half of the BK JOE, got sick. This drowning my sorrows is not good for my tummy!!!

Thinks I'll just cry, it will be easier on me in the long run. Still have no idea what this is all going to cost us, just know that I will not try to eat my way out of it again! as is sip on my hot tea, and eat my Protein rich foods that I planned out for the day!

I'm only two weeks out but here's a couple of things I've done:

Pre surgery:

• Bought a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle. If I get bored, I work on it a little.
  • Made myself a feel better kit for when I got home: Little tray to hold stuff on the bed, good smelling candle I hadn't used in a while, spiffy new lip balm and lotion I bought for hospital, recorded some sappy stuff on TV

Post surgery:

• Bought a couple of inexpensive shirts at Walmart in two sizes: one a little snug and one size smaller. These shirts are under $4 each.
  • Bought a silly magazine because I went grocery shopping with hubby and I didn't get anything else. (I was already stocked up on the items I'm allowed to have.)
  • Hang on these boards reading other's stories and realizing I am not alone.
  • Stay uber-clean and well groomed. Helps when I look in the mirror and don't scare myself :-)
  • Getting some fresh air and sunshine, even if it's just sitting in the backyard 15 minutes.
  • Saying no to volunteer work if I'm already tired.

I have had a couple of urges, even though I don't really want to eat anything. My hubby had popcorn and I really missed having any even though the thought of eating any turned my stomach. Yesterday I was bored and watching TV and I thought: I want a salty snack! Again, the idea of actually eating the snack still kinda makes me sick, but the first urge was there.

Lynda

food was there to fill the emotional wall you put up around yourself.

Now you can TRULY EXPERIENCE LIFE!!!

You can allow yourself to love and be loved by others!! My last birthday before VSG was my 40th. I was embarassed at my own surprise party because I was so fat. I didn't think people truly cared about me. I put an emotional wall around myself.

Now---I am living life to the fullest and you should too!!:D

And for those of you who love to cook...go to www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

The girl, Shelly who runs the site, loves to cook and creates beautiful and delicious recipes! You can still make healthy meals..