Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!! 3 weeks out (tomorrow)

So for about a week, I have been having this burning kinda sharp pain right under my largest incision. My incisions are healed and look good, never oozed or got infected. I also do not have a fever and never did have one.

It hurts the most when I bend over or roll over in the bed. Seems like when I use my stomach muscles the most. Sometimes just sitting still, I will have a burning sensation in that spot.

I just thought maybe it was just a pulled stitch or something and did not worry too much about it. Today, I went for a 3 mile walk and when I got home, bent over to un-tie my shoes and OMG!! It hurt sooo bad and has been killing me for about an hour now! I even went and took a HOT shower to kinda relax and it still hurts!

Any ideas???

Kelly :(

I am 4 weeks-and I had sharp pains like that- but yours sounds even worse- I would call the doctors office- usually they all have on-call nurses or doctors. Better safe than sorry- maybe you did pull an internal stitch. ?

That's strange that it starts at 2 wks out. I'm sorry you're having this problem. I would search here and google it maybe? I would think if it was some kinda infection, you'd be running fever. Maybe you pulled something. But I'd call the dr and see what they say. Sorry I couldn't help more, I hope it gets better soon!!

I would definatly call the DR - I do know that they put in a really deep stitch in the main incision, you may have pulled something and that is why its burning -

Hope you feel better soon, please keep us updated on the outcome!!

Hugs Girlie

I think maybe I did pull something because I remember it started hurting after I sneezed really hard.

I first felt the pain later that night. I hope that I just pulled a stitch or something. I guess if it isn't feeling better by Tuesday, I will get a hold of my Dr.

Kelly

My Dr mentioned to me at my 1 month post op that inside Mt largest incision, which is in my belly button, there is some kind of staple or stitch that I may start to feel when I move a certain way. He said the staple will dissolve at about 16 weeks. It's different that the staples in our stomach. I don't have any severe pain at all but if I bend over and twist just right I will feel some pain. It's definitely a good idea to call your Dr though.