Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These are the ones I am taking. They stay down and have very little Vitamin flavor. I ordered the grape. I like them well enough I'm thinking about trying some of their other products.

Yep, I use them, and they are approved for me to continue with them through my pregnancy because my ob was so impressed with their formulation.

I take the multi complete and the calcium citrate puls 500 with Vitamin D and Magnesium.

Make sure you take a Calcium Citrate since Carbonate is not readily absorbed without stomach acid. So, if you are on a PPI or H2 blocker, make sure you take Citrate. Carbonate is the least expensive and lacks elemental Calcium which is essential for proper absorption.

Celebrate will send you a free sample pack. Just email them at success@celebratevitamins.com and request a sample pack and let them know you've had VSG.

Yep, I use them, and they are approved for me to continue with them through my pregnancy because my ob was so impressed with their formulation.

I take the multi complete and the calcium citrate puls 500 with Vitamin D and Magnesium.

Make sure you take a Calcium Citrate since Carbonate is not readily absorbed without stomach acid. So, if you are on a PPI or H2 blocker, make sure you take Citrate. Carbonate is the least expensive and lacks elemental Calcium which is essential for proper absorption.

Celebrate will send you a free sample pack. Just email them at success@celebratevitamins.com and request a sample pack and let them know you've had VSG.

So since I am no longer using a PPI I can use the calcium chews I had from before that are not citrate? I bought 3 bags right before surgery not knowing I needed citrate. I would like to mix them in with the citrate chews I have to use them up but thought there was a bigger issue than just being about acid and absorption.

Also Tiffykins, I'm sure you've answered this before, but do we need to stay on chews for the rest of our days? There is a pill form of calcium I really like as it's a blend of 3 kinds of calcium. Same thing, I'd like to at least be able to mix it in with the calcium citrate that I take but didn't know what the rule of thumb was on these kinds of pills. For instance, I have some B Complex pills -- will I be able to take them again? If it's just a matter of not getting full bang for the pill because it will go through me faster, it would still be better than throwing them away. Any thoughts?

So since I am no longer using a PPI I can use the calcium chews I had from before that are not citrate? I bought 3 bags right before surgery not knowing I needed citrate. I would like to mix them in with the citrate chews I have to use them up but thought there was a bigger issue than just being about acid and absorption.

Also Tiffykins, I'm sure you've answered this before, but do we need to stay on chews for the rest of our days? There is a pill form of Calcium I really like as it's a blend of 3 kinds of calcium. Same thing, I'd like to at least be able to mix it in with the calcium citrate that I take but didn't know what the rule of thumb was on these kinds of pills. For instance, I have some B Complex pills -- will I be able to take them again? If it's just a matter of not getting full bang for the pill because it will go through me faster, it would still be better than throwing them away. Any thoughts?

You can use the carbonate chews, but make sure you take them with food. My PCM won't even recommend carbonate for normies(people without altered guts) because it's just not that great of a calcium source. Also, we have a reduced amount of stomach acid since our stomachs are so much smaller. You can take them with an acidic beverage like orange juice and that helps as well.

You don't have to stay on chewables. I just prefer them because I can get the 1000mg of citrate in 2 chewables so it's easy for me. The calcium they pull in labs from blood doesn't monitor bone density, or strength so it's recommended to get bone scans performed to ensure that there are no issues with calcium intake, and to not just go off blood plasma levels of calcium to determine bone strength.

Carbonate is just the cheapest form of calcium out there so it's not recommended especially for women that are predisposed to osteoporosis and other bone issues. Vitamin absorption occurs in the intestine so no worry on absorption with our Vitamins not absorbing properly in our intestines. Once you're cleared for pill consumption, you can easily take all Vitamins in pill form instead of chewables. I'm just a big kid and like chewables.

You can use the carbonate chews, but make sure you take them with food. My PCM won't even recommend carbonate for normies(people without altered guts) because it's just not that great of a Calcium source. Also, we have a reduced amount of stomach acid since our stomachs are so much smaller. You can take them with an acidic beverage like orange juice and that helps as well.

You don't have to stay on chewables. I just prefer them because I can get the 1000mg of citrate in 2 chewables so it's easy for me. The calcium they pull in labs from blood doesn't monitor bone density, or strength so it's recommended to get bone scans performed to ensure that there are no issues with calcium intake, and to not just go off blood plasma levels of calcium to determine bone strength.

Carbonate is just the cheapest form of calcium out there so it's not recommended especially for women that are predisposed to osteoporosis and other bone issues. Vitamin absorption occurs in the intestine so no worry on absorption with our Vitamins not absorbing properly in our intestines. Once you're cleared for pill consumption, you can easily take all Vitamins in pill form instead of chewables. I'm just a big kid and like chewables.

Excellent info.

Thanks.