Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Catheter question for men

Thankfully I did not have one. I was not able to pee my first try after surgery, but I was able to about an hour later. Getting up to pee was good for me because it was encouragement to go out and walk the unit.

That catheter hurt the worst of everything and it continue to have my pee burn for two days.

It's interesting that some had problems and others didn't. They did put a cath in me, which I wasn't thrilled about, but like others they did it while I was under. They did tell me ahead of time they were going to do that, and said it was to monitor my urine output for both proper hydration as well as potential leaks. It came out the day after surgery; it burned a little coming out. When I went to the bathroom later, it was like I was forcing acid through - it burned so bad it nearly brought me to tears. I kept trying, and each time it burned a little less, but it took me 2 days to feel "normal" again.

Tell you what, if I never have another catheter again it'll be too soon!

Loving the weight loss, though. In the end it was worth it.

Im so glad you posted this, I had the same concern. This right here made this site so much more worth it. you guys are the best. so funny too.

Pretty freakin' easy and convenient. You're out when they put it in. I loved it. Thinking of getting one for the when the Super Bowl or Nascar is on TV. You don't actually go, you just drain. I thought your bladder filled and then you emptied it like normal. No Sir-ee. Just let it go. When it's tiime for it to come out, a deep breath a push and it's out. I've had a harder time trying to dislodge a snot rocket out of my nose. Plus anytime I can get a hottie to handle the junk in such a caring way...win, win! Make sure your robe doesn't clash with your new yellow purse while you're cruisin' the halls.

Im so glad you posted this, I had the same concern. This right here made this site so much more worth it. you guys are the best. so funny too.

I just had my surgery last thursday (5/31). I never had surgery b4, so this was a first for me. The catheter was a major worry, but I gotta tell you it was pretty easy. I got it out about 24 hours after I was returned to my room and spent another 24 hours before being discharged showing everyone how well I could pee. Taking it out was a bit uncomfortable, but its like 2 seconds. My nurse was very good and clearly knew what she was doing.

Don't sweat this.

I woke up after surgery with out one, 12 hours later I still could not pee and was in pain, so they put it in, that was 5/30 and I had it removed today

ok...first the lovenol injections freaked me out...but people said it didn't hurt much... But sticking a tube up my junk...This is the first thing making me second guess the surgery it does NOT sound pleasant at all...

How does that not hurt coming out? On a pain scale what is it a 10 being: "Nurse, just cut it off I don't want the pain anymore, consider it a souvenir", and a 1 being "eh...nurse I don't think it's out yet.. you can keep playin' with my junk" lmao.

How does that not hurt coming out? On a pain scale what is it a 10 being: "Nurse, just cut it off I don't want the pain anymore, consider it a souvenir", and a 1 being "eh...nurse I don't think it's out yet.. you can keep playin' with my junk" lmao.

For me it was between 3 & 4 on that scale. IANAD, but I think its a temperature/pressure thing. The tube itself goes into you where it is 98.6 degrees and as it is withdrawn the warmer body temp is pulled through the cooler appendage (the gear runs slightly on the cooler side), and the amount of friction on the inside wall is increased which increases the sensation of that temp differential. Anyhow, I think the real discomfort is the fact that it is very different, and you are programmed to protect your equipment. Again, I would not worry about this. I know some folks have had issues, but I think they are in the minority.

Okay, so after reading this, one question. Does it matter as to pain and discomfort if you are circumcised or not?

Okay' date=' so after reading this, one question. Does it matter as to pain and discomfort if you are circumcised or not?[/quote']

Only if you have been circumcised in the last few weeks:D

Okay, so after reading this, one question. Does it matter as to pain and discomfort if you are circumcised or not?

Unknown. I am. Not sure if the turtleneck makes it more uncomfortable or not.

Only if you have been circumcised in the last few weeks:D

As someone who was circumcised at the ripe ol' age of 28, I can tell you, this would really suck, lol!

I have to say that the catheter does not scarier than the actual surgery itself.

Verdict...sorry guys but Yes catheters do hurt coming out..its only a 4 or 5 on the pain scale...but its definitely not pleasant

Sent from my Kindle Fire using VST.. seopressor plugin

I didn't have a catheter because my dr is the kind of dr that made me walk around right after surgery to get the lower pipes in gear again lol