Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Catheter question for men

Hi-

I'm scheduled for my "sleeve" in june-

and it was just brought to my attention that they will catheter for the surgery and day after.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I had one that they put in once I was out. Not uncomfortable after the surgery as I was pretty doped up... and it was pretty convenient not to have to get up to pee. Taking it out was weird, but again, doped up so not painful. Only weird part was sputtering pee after I got home like air in the garden hose. That went away after a couple days.

They put it in while I was out. No real pain. The nurse took it out on the day after surgey. Kind of weird when the nurse grabed my penis to remove it.

Burned the first time I treid to pee but got better.

In reality I think it is unusual to be catheterize for such a short operation. I know I wasn't and may on the board here have said the same.

Do you have a choice? Can you ask NOT to be? They can always slip it in if you need it - although while you're awake :blink:

I was not however I wasn't peeing and was threatened with it if I didn't start producing. Needless to say, I started producing and it was avoided. :)

Pretty freakin' easy and convenient. You're out when they put it in. I loved it. Thinking of getting one for the when the Super Bowl or Nascar is on TV. You don't actually go, you just drain. I thought your bladder filled and then you emptied it like normal. No Sir-ee. Just let it go. When it's tiime for it to come out, a deep breath a push and it's out. I've had a harder time trying to dislodge a snot rocket out of my nose. Plus anytime I can get a hottie to handle the junk in such a caring way...win, win! Make sure your robe doesn't clash with your new yellow purse while you're cruisin' the halls.

Pretty freakin' easy and convenient. You're out when they put it in. I loved it. Thinking of getting one for the when the Super Bowl or Nascar is on TV. You don't actually go, you just drain. I thought your bladder filled and then you emptied it like normal. No Sir-ee. Just let it go. When it's tiime for it to come out, a deep breath a push and it's out. I've had a harder time trying to dislodge a snot rocket out of my nose. Plus anytime I can get a hottie to handle the junk in such a caring way...win, win! Make sure your robe doesn't clash with your new yellow purse while you're cruisin' the halls.

Arf! that's funny, just think how many beers you can drink without getting up! Remember though you DO have to empty the collection bag eventually and it DOES create a hell of a mess if it spills or breaks.

ohmy.gif talk of beer here?

shhh! I'm trying to be good.

Robe? huh? haven't thought about that- was thinking of these light weight exercise pants I like-

not really wanting to have all the eyes check out my tail end as I am cruising.

(1 week left)

ohmy.gif talk of beer here?

shhh! I'm trying to be good.

Robe? huh? haven't thought about that- was thinking of these light weight exercise pants I like-

not really wanting to have all the eyes check out my tail end as I am cruising.

(1 week left)

Great, First time ever through my procedure and recovery I just threw up...and I think I'm blind too.

it wasn't as bad as Thought it would be.

having a urine cath made it easy,

otoh- there are far worse things to worry about.

just try drinking an ounce of Water...

i had surgery yesterday and they put it in while I was sedated, I still have it until they do the swallow test this morning where I drink something not pleasent then they xray to make sure I am not leaking. The worst part of my walk last night was having the cath in Good luck on your surgery!

i had surgery yesterday and they put it in while I was sedated, I still have it until they do the swallow test this morning where I drink something not pleasent then they xray to make sure I am not leaking. The worst part of my walk last night was having the cath in Good luck on your surgery!

Isn't that the worst?

I could barely stand up with out fainting... then to drink... YUK!

so glad that table fell backwards- or I woulda had two nurses scraping me up off the floor in that designer gown.

:D

oh and the removal- OUCH!...