Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constiaption and weight stalls

Me too but the gas pains that come along with it are horrible! However, I can win any argument in my house by threatening to drink a glass of milk. :lol:

Me too but the gas pains that come along with it are horrible! However, I can win any argument in my house by threatening to drink a glass of milk. :lol:

Haha!! Hilarious!

You're right about the gas pains. Just awful. I guess that's better than being constipated, though. At least the pains only last for a bit.smile.gif

Miralax is a laxative, too.

Hey, I'm lactose intolerant, so when I need to go, all I have to do is drink some milk. Prestobiggrin.gif

Yes it is, really to me the very best solution has and will always be ensuring I'm getting my Fiber in daily. Minimum is 18g soluble Fiber per day. For the most part I don't really get many issues, but they do pop up sometimes. Like someone mentioned I do have to take Iron daily and with a relatively lower carb diet - it just happens. I never let myself go more than 3 days without going though, it has to be remedied at that point. It is rare for me, so I'm thankful for that.

Now, in regards to being lactose intolerant - I am that too. I will never forget though the one time I had some post sleeve and it felt like I was going to pass out, it was really scary. I've been too scared to drink regular milk anymore!! :oLet alone any ice cream! Not a bad thing I guess...

Taking a very good Calcium and Magnesium supplement helps as well. (1500 cal 500 mag) it kind of works like a muscle relaxant letting it all "slide" so to speak unsure.gif

Hmmm... didn't think of that - I do take these as well. Might be another reason I'm more on the regular side.

Yep, if I ain't goin' I ain't losin'. Poo weighs a lot. I use Fiber chews (which I am going to switch to benefiber once I run out) and I also use Dieter's Tea. It has a natural effect called Senna. It works! You don't wanna abuse this stuff.

Speaking of oatmeal, Quaker makes a Hi Fiber type and it works wonderfully. I love the stuff and it will hold me 6 hours!! It's very satisfying.

Lots here also suggest Miralax - though I haven't tried it myself. It might be worth the try.

Good luck!!

with the dieters tea how often do you drink that? I know it can be a little harsh on the stomach, only reason I ask. I use Milk of Magnesia when I feel really backed up.

with the dieters tea how often do you drink that? I know it can be a little harsh on the stomach, only reason I ask. I use Milk of Magnesia when I feel really backed up.

I don't drink this very often. You have to be really cautious with it, no more than 6 oz in one setting - def only use one bag of tea. I had some last night and the last time I used some was almost 3 weeks ago I believe. :) It works!! Also, only use it in the evenings after dinner. It's good that way and it will work by the time you wake up in the morning.

For me to use this I'll have to be constipated for more than a few days.

OMG... this has been a pain in my butt - pun intended - ALL my adult life. I started to use flax seeds but they don't work so good now... where do you get the benefibre from Cludgie, cos it sound good to me... my wheels need oiling big time. I'm lucky if I do a number 2 twice a week!!

Aww bless you - try your nearest asda, its with the health supplements, and its about £5 a jar, but last week it was on offer and I got 3 jars (easily 3 months supply) for £10 - Bargain!

I also find that coffee can help (even the ones without benefibre in), but I have no idea why!

Good luck!

Cheers love... I shall defo get some... ain't been since Sat and starting to feel bloated., yukky and sluggish!!! Grrrrr!!

So I have a question. I have been having ALOT of trouble with Constipation, I'm drinking the Water, moving around, yadda,yadda,yadda. What I reallly want to know is, Can being "backed up" cause my weight stalls? I find that I don't "go" for 4-5 days and by then I have to use a laxative and finally do go(sometimes on minutely!). And when I go a decent amount, I start losing pounds again. Sorry, totally TMI, but I need help!! Thanks,

I to have been dealing with constipation and I sometimes go a week before I am able to "go" during that week I do notice a stall in the scale as well as my clothes fitting tighter. Once I am able to go it's as if I loose 2-3lbs over night. My clothes get loose on me and I am back on track with the weight loss. I see a surgeon on the 21st for the constipation as well as other problems that arise from it. Hopefully we figure something out so everything gets back to normal.

I to have been dealing with Constipation and I sometimes go a week before I am able to "go" during that week I do notice a stall in the scale as well as my clothes fitting tighter. Once I am able to go it's as if I loose 2-3lbs over night. My clothes get loose on me and I am back on track with the weight loss. I see a surgeon on the 21st for the constipation as well as other problems that arise from it. Hopefully we figure something out so everything gets back to normal.

I feel similar to you MommyTawnie... isn't it a horrible feeling... please let me know what the surgeon says re constipation, and if he/she gives you any advise... cos I really could do with some!! =/