Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having trouble getting energy to want to exercise

I was sleeved 4/6/11 and I am very tired all the time and don't feel good. I am drinking my Water and taking a multi Vitamin and vitamin B-12 under my tongue daily. I am losing around 4-5 lbs a week, but I still stay very tired and do not feel like doing anything I barely get up to go to work it sucks. I thought the more I lost the better I would feel. I realy want to start exercising but I am so exhausted all the time. Any suggestions out there?:huh:

I was sleeved 4/6/11 and I am very tired all the time and don't feel good. I am drinking my Water and taking a multi Vitamin and Vitamin B-12 under my tongue daily. I am losing around 4-5 lbs a week, but I still stay very tired and do not feel like doing anything I barely get up to go to work it sucks. I thought the more I lost the better I would feel. I realy want to start exercising but I am so exhausted all the time. Any suggestions out there?:huh:

I feel the same way and I was sleeved on April 4th. I recently started taking an Iron pill as well as the B12, multi vitamin, blood pressure and acid reflux meds. There's only so much Protein you can get in without getting sick or going over in calories..try a Protein Bar, or maybe a spoonful of Peanut Butter. I'm hoping that with some more time when my body is out of starvation mode and I'm getting enough to eat, I'll have more energy. I plan on going to the y and getting in some walk time in the pool as well as some walking around the local park, hopefully that'll get the adrenalin going. Let me know if you find anything else that works, good luck to us .<a href=sleep.gif" />couch2.gifsleep.gif

This may be a silly question but are you on BP or other meds that might make you feel sluggish? You might need to have them adjusted. Just a thought. BTW, I never ever want to work out before I go. The feeling I have after is the only thing that gets me there.

This may be a silly question but are you on BP or other meds that might make you feel sluggish? You might need to have them adjusted. Just a thought. BTW, I never ever want to work out before I go. The feeling I have after is the only thing that gets me there.

I can't speak for pretty little me but I'm on the bp meds, and just recently had a checkup. I don't go back for another 2 1/2 months. I'm hoping they lower my dose by then. I'm just now allowed to go into a pool so I'll start the walking in the Water for now.. Then the park. But I understand how prettylittleme feels. TIRED pout.gif<a href=sleep.gif" />

I was too tired to exercise through the first month - it was very depressing. I still can't do a hard workout. I can go for a long walk, but no running or extended weight lifting. I felt much better around week 6. I think it had more to do with eating more normal food.

If your body is tired, don't push it.

I am getting in 45-60grams a day of Protein may be thats not enough?

protein!!! you have to have it ;)

I am on acid med and bp med I have done some research on a supplement call L-Carnitine it is suppose to be for energy for people with diabetes, irregular heart, people dieting it has free radicals to help red blood cells kinda like Vitamin B. I am going to get some and try it I called the doctor and he said I could take it and see if it helps.

I feel the same way and I was sleeved on April 4th. I recently started taking an Iron pill as well as the B12, multi Vitamin, blood pressure and acid reflux meds. There's only so much Protein you can get in without getting sick or going over in calories..try a Protein Bar, or maybe a spoonful of Peanut Butter. I'm hoping that with some more time when my body is out of starvation mode and I'm getting enough to eat, I'll have more energy. I plan on going to the y and getting in some walk time in the pool as well as some walking around the local park, hopefully that'll get the adrenalin going. Let me know if you find anything else that works, good luck to us .<a href=sleep.gif" />couch2.gifsleep.gif

I am on BP med not for high BP but irregular heart rate maybe that is causing it. I have an appointment with a cardioligist on Monday I will see.

Thank you it makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one.

I was too tired to exercise through the first month - it was very depressing. I still can't do a hard workout. I can go for a long walk, but no running or extended weight lifting. I felt much better around week 6. I think it had more to do with eating more normal food.

If your body is tired, don't push it.

Hi, I was sleeved on the same day as you and had a problem with being tired as well but started making sure I was getting my Protein in and started pepping up a little. I still find myself getting tired if I push myself too much during the day. I get especially tired on the weekends as I tend to over do it with the family around. Just take it slow and your energy level will pick up. I went to my Dr last week for my one month check up and he was concerned because even though my chlolestoral went down my good HDL went down as well, he says it was from not exercising and that if I would just try 10 minutes a day and work my way up little by little so that I can improve my good hdl. So keep on trying to do a little bit everyday I do feel my energy level slowly increasing. I hear we are supposed to feel 100% in 2 more weeks, can't wait!!

Linda

Hi everyone,

If its any consolation, i am in the same boat. Everything is going pretty ok apart from the energy to exercise. I am a teacher and when i get home from my after school activities that is it, i cannot move a muscle! I started walking at the weekend, but those two days were all i managed. Just too tired during the week.

I am hoping in time my energy will increase.