Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG!!! I'm running out of clothes!!!

Well, since surgery I have been regularly sorting through, and throwing out my more generous clothes, and am now the owner of very few things to wear.

Last time i had a wardrobe purge I ended up with just 3 pairs of trousers suitable for work which is pretty limiting, however I went to put a pair of them on this morning, and they were like clown trousers they were so big!!!! I literally let go and they fell to the floor :o

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED it, and could not be happier, but I'll be leaving the house naked at this rate!

GOODWILL!! And congrats on your great weight loss!!

Hey Cludgie... I went throught this.

I went to Asda and Tesco as I find them reasonable but my fav for cheap and cheerful is Primark... and now that I can atually fit into them it is way more fun! You could kit yourself out for 50 quid!!

I am also very fortunate (?) as a friend of mine has gone on a fitness kick since I had my sleeve - she isn't gonna let me be smaller than her - anyway, she is having great pleasure in giving me her cast offs that are *apparently* too big for her. I ain't complaining as she is saving me a fortune, even if some of the styles aren't what I would have bought... oh well cheap and cheerful until goal!!! =]

Isn't that the best problem?!?! I said I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on new clothes, but I am :-) I am so excited about the smaller sizes, I am spending money on some super-cute stuff. However, I am only buying a couple pairs of pants and a few shirts because I know I'll be shrinking some more.

I like going to Kohls for bras - great quality and great prices. I don't like their clothes, though.

Yay for you!!!

I have never been a thrift store or resale shop kind of gal....selection too limited and too time consuming but I have recently spent a LOT of time in Goodwill found some great bargains. I wash them immediately when I get home and now have 3 different sizes of work clothes in my guest room closet. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes for sizes that I hope I am just "passing through"! :D

@cludgie, that is AWESOME!! The best part for me in all of this is being able to shop in normal stores and buy CUTE CLOTHES!!

@coops, someday when you keep going down and she's on her way back up you will have the pleasure of giving her back all of her "bigger" clothes. :P

@coops, someday when you keep going down and she's on her way back up you will have the pleasure of giving her back all of her "bigger" clothes. :P

Hey Diva... you have SOOOOOO go that right. I love her dearly, but she is soooo competitive!!! Silly girl! I will have the last laugh though cos my frame is naturally smaller...loll

Congrats!!! Time to shop yayyy!

My wardrobe is so limited right now and I wont buy any winter clothes that on a clearance as I don't know where I will be come this next winter. I do have several thrift shops that I rotate through to work on my wardrobe for now. We did a major purge the other week right after the tornados here in Alabama and we donated a lot of clothes to the victims that lost everything. I felt good that many of my good clothes will go to people in real need. I did buy a new outfit a wedding and class reunion I have coming up. I won't pay a lot for clothes right now but it is a new wardrobe in the future for me as I am only about 25 lbs from goal. YEA!!!

That is probably the one "side-effect" I cannot wait to experience!!! I am also very lucky because there is a *huge* good-will within walking distance of my apartment biggrin.gif I can already see frequent trips being made there. I might not be the most stylish, but I am not stylish now so I will not complain! I have noticed that sport bras tend to last longer between sizes, so if you are tight and cannot keep buying many "normal" bras, if you just grab a couple of cheap sport bras (target has some good ones up to 3 or 4x for under 20) you could wear those say just around the house and doing basic errands and save your good couple of bras for work. That way you won't spend so much overall constantly switching them out.

Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with finding clothes!

Thanks all, I am a big fan of charity shops, and seriously need to make time for that low cost shopping spree eek!

Well, since surgery I have been regularly sorting through, and throwing out my more generous clothes, and am now the owner of very few things to wear.

Last time i had a wardrobe purge I ended up with just 3 pairs of trousers suitable for work which is pretty limiting, however I went to put a pair of them on this morning, and they were like clown trousers they were so big!!!! I literally let go and they fell to the floor :o

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED it, and could not be happier, but I'll be leaving the house naked at this rate!

I LOVE and HATE it!! I too just put on a pair of work pants this morning and thought I looked like a clown! LOL I am now down to 1 pair of black and 1 pair of grey work pants and 1 black skirt!! It's crazy how fast everything went bye bye :( I'm really sad for somethings because they were so super cute! LOL

I have never been a thrift store or resale shop kind of gal....selection too limited and too time consuming but I have recently spent a LOT of time in Goodwill found some great bargains. I wash them immediately when I get home and now have 3 different sizes of work clothes in my guest room closet. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes for sizes that I hope I am just "passing through"! :D

I have NEVER been a thrit store person but I am really wondering if I need to start because this is getting expensive! LOL

LOL don't knock the thrift stores till you try them~ I wouldn't have ever thought I would go there either, but I LOVE it! I scored some Eddie Bauer jeans for $3 and have gotten a ton of brand name clothing for pennies! Feels pretty good not spending a bunch of money on clothes you will wear in transition.

If you have a WLS support group in your area, do they ever trade clothes? Something to think about. Maybe someone will have something in your size and you can get rid of the ones you're shrunk out of. Congratulations, btw!!!

Renee`