Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wednesday I will be a month out....

And I feel like I am losing pretty slowly....I know about the stalls etc but it is pretty frustrating.

I lost about 44 lbs pre op and only 15lbs since. 9lbs within the first 10 days and about 6lbs since. I will say that I have lost 4 lbs in the past week, so maybe it is picking up. I have decided to make a conscious effort this past weekend to up my Protein to at least 60 every day, and I lost almost 2 lbs over the weekend.

One thing I will say is that I get 4oz down with no problem and that worries me because I dont know if that is affecting my weight loss. Ever since purees/mushies started, I have eaten with no issues...no blockage, or throwing up

A question about stalls...does it mean u stop losing or potentially gain, or does it account for slow loss as well?

BTW I start regular foods this weekend...so i wonder how that will affect it all.

Thanks for any input. I gotta get this scale moving.

I'll be a month out Wednesday too, and I've only lost 18 pounds. So I feel your pain. I questioned my surgeon about it last week and he told me not to worry. The weight will come off. He said part if why my loss might be slower than others is because I had lost weight before the surgery and pre op diet. Sounds like you may be in that same boat??

I am 33 days out... I've stalled for a week and a half.. I've lost 23 lbs since surgery but I couldn't keep the mushys down nothing agreed with my tummy so I stayed on Protein longer. I average over 100g of Protein a day now that he's raised my calorie intake to 800.. now THAT is a chore to get in and I've YET to do it! The trick I've heard is alot of protein, and less than 10g of fat and 30g of carbs and it'll start moving.. me trying to do 800 makes those #'s go up so I've NOT mastered the damn thing yet and it's FRUSTRATING! LOL

Hang in there.. the good thing.. it WILL come off... it may just take longer than others and it may go faster than some... just stay focused and do what you're supposed to do and having too much protein I'm told is NOT a bad thing so I suck down protein before I do anything else... and deviled eggs, refried Beans with sour cream & cheese are my two favs..:) YUMMY!!

Good luck to you all :)

I know I lost a lot in the first week and then extremely slow for the next 4 weeks. Still losing, but slowly. It started to perk upa little more after week 6. Don't worry - it will come off. I would say 4 oz is kind of a lot, but mushies go through really easily. Have you moved to regular food yet? You will find that eating grilled chicken is a little harder - 2 oz will fill you up really well.

Lara

I am still on mushies...and again I am so confused with whether we should be eating 4 ozs weighed or measured ....i have been going with measured because it is mainly soft/ mushy food...but for solids...i presume weighed and like u said i am sure I will be full on 2 ozs cuz the other day I made a poached egg and it was a little over 2 ozs and I was full....this is such a learning experience...who said it was the easy way out :rolleyes::D

I'm still pre-op, but I think part of it might be that you already lost a very nice amount prior to your surgery, so you got the 'easier' weight off first and now you are losing, but it is not as fast as someone who maybe only dropped 10 pounds preop and then went into the restricted diet. I am guessing to have dropped so much preop you probably had to restrict your intake quite a bit so your body was more used to a smaller amount of food for a period of time. It seems, (just from reading people's tickers) that it works out that way. But you ARE losing and 15 pounds in less than a month is really good!

I will be 4 weeks out on Thursday so we are in the same boat. I didn't lose as much pre-op because my doc doesn't do a liquid diet and I can't say that I am a "fast" loser either but I am still thrilled! :D I've lost a bit over 25lbs since my last pre-op appointment and my weight hasn't been this low in 15 years! I am okay with losing 4 or 5 lbs a month as long as it is steadily moving in the right direction. At that rate I will be at my goal or close to it by the end of the year and I can live with that. I won't be mad if the weight comes off more quickly :P but I KNOW this is working for me and will continue to. Our bodies will work at their own pace and I just try to keep feeding mine decent stuff so I don't get malnourished. I haven't gone over 2 or 3 days without losing a bit of weight though and I may change my story when I go for 2 or 3 weeks without losing anything!!!

:cheer2: Keep the long game in mind...we will get there!!