Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone! i'm new to the forum, and ive been looking for tips to start my pre-op diet while im still in school. I will be sleeved on May 20th, which i'm super excited about! I need to start my 10 day pre-op diet soon and i just wanted to know if anyone has tips for a college student. I dont have my own kitchen so i'm basically stuck to a fridge and microwave. Also, my surgeon just wants me to do a high Protein, low calorie diet, but i feel like i wouldnt lose as much weight, so is it recommended that i just do a liquid diet? It would also help prepare me for the first stage post-op right? Well thanks for reading! Any and all tips would be great! =D

Hey everyone! i'm new to the forum, and ive been looking for tips to start my pre-op diet while im still in school. I will be sleeved on May 20th, which i'm super excited about! I need to start my 10 day pre-op diet soon and i just wanted to know if anyone has tips for a college student. I dont have my own kitchen so i'm basically stuck to a fridge and microwave. Also, my surgeon just wants me to do a high Protein, low calorie diet, but i feel like i wouldnt lose as much weight, so is it recommended that i just do a liquid diet? It would also help prepare me for the first stage post-op right? Well thanks for reading! Any and all tips would be great! =D

Though I do have a kitchen, I've been doing great with my magic bullet and microwave. I make myself two shakes per day, and then I have sugar free popsicles, Jello, and Soup.

I beef up the shakes by adding ice and a small spoonful of Peanut Butter. The one I had this morning tasted like chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream!

If you don't want to do the Soup, you could do two shakes and then have one high Protein, low cal meal per day.

Good luck smile.gif

I also didn't have to do the liquid diet but had a low carb (30 gms a day) and high Protein diet for two weeks before surgery and had liquids only 24 hours prior to surgery. On one hand you probably will lose more weight on the liquid diet but it is seems like it is harder to do. Maybe you can do the low carb diet for most of the time and switch to the liquid diet 3 or 4 days ahead of surgery? As far as managing your diet in college, you can get canned tuna or sardines for protein, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, premixed Protein Shakes (like Atkins which I love) or some of the powdered protein that you can mix into drinks. I actually didn't cook much for myself during the 2 weeks prior to surgery so you can probably manage it ok. Good luck with whatever you choose and let us know how you are after surgery! :D

My doctor required a Protein Shake at Breakfast and lunch and for dinner a palm sized meal, half lean Protein and half veggies plus 64 oz Water. That was it. Lost 19 pounds in two weeks but I started at a really high weight. I teach at a university and about all I cam get in the cafeteria is grilled chicken. Occasionally lean beef tips or grilled shrimp. I can take my lunch of course. Good luck.

HEY! I am also a college student and I am getting sleeve on May 23rd. I have been looking around my University cafeteria and have begun to realize how much of it I can eat. During my meeting with the nutritionist, she recommended to go to:

https://focus28diet.com/

There, they under the shakes section they have these chocolate ready to drink shakes. They come to your house with just the powder in them and you add 8 ounces of Water to it when your ready to have it. That makes it easy to store, you can take it with you to school and you don't need a cooler, they weigh nothing (since its just powder). I found them really useful.

Best of luck in your studies and with your surgery!

thanks everyone! and same Kira127. I've been looking around the salad bar mostly and i realized that i could make due with what i have for another week or so. Even though it isnt ideal, it's a start. Im just so glad that im getting sleeved after school is over because then i have the whole summer to adjust to everything! And though i should probably be doing the low carb/cal diet, i still feel like doing the liquid diet is gonna prepare me for after the surgery while allowing me to lose a little extra weight! I also have a question about the greek yogurt. I already eat one Chobani everyday, because theyre just SO delicious, but after i get sleeved am i only required to have the unflavored yogurt instead of the fruit?