Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SSSOOOOO nervous!!!!

I am very very excited and nervous! My surgery is may 9th and im flying out tomorrow for El Paso..I am nervous to fly and nervous everything will not go as planned. I was financed through a bank and they are dragging their feet on getting the money to the doctor. If the money is not there they do not do surgery...HEADS WILL ROLL!!! lol. I am looking forward to the changes but ready to get them started. This is the first time that I will be leaving my children for more than a day! I feel weird about that as well...there are sooo many things going through my head. I had to slow down being on here as well because it was making me go into info overload. i am hoping that me getting back on here for a few days will calm me down again...since i stopped is when i started getting all worked up... :o .....

When I was at the count-down like you are, I constantly logged on to member's before and after pictures to remind myself of the life I was going to get and how successful this surgery is for so many people. I had to leave my kids for 4 days, and I had never spent a night away from them, but without a doubt having this surgery was the best thing I could have done. I wish you all the best :)

THank you so much ladies...is there aplace on this site to check before and after??? that would be great..ive seen a few people post them with their comments and when i watch them i get goose bumps..it is so awesome to not only see their body change but to see them look like they are enjoying their pic being taken...i run from the camera so this should be fun!!!

I am one month out and we recently had an Easter vacation and an amazing thing happened... I actually liked some of the photos taken of me, I didn't instantly want to delete them straight away.. (In fact, I posted one on Facebook, which is huge for me)... you will like yourself more too after this. Its funny because I still have 55 pounds to lose, but I already feel so much more attractive and better about myself (and I am only at a weight that I felt huge and gross at 2yrs ago, whereas now I feel great at this same weight)... I wish I had realised that years ago.. it really is all in the mind.

I found U-tube awesome to watch people's sleeve journeys. I followed many people and watched their progress, it is truely inspirational and amazing... so for those at the countdown stage look it up. You can also watch an actual sleeve operation being performed and it made me feel like...'wow, that doesn't look that hard, surely they can't bugger that up?'.

I haven't regretted my decision at all. I worried about how I would feel having binned half my stomach, but I can honestly say it is such a relief not to me ruled by it anymore...not to feel constantly hungry, searching the pantry. I still crave naughtly things and I still have them, but once when I would have eaten a whole box of potato wedges with sour cream, I can only fit in about 5. It is awesome that you don't always have to go-without!

Best of luck to you all :)