Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did your 3week stall last?

I SWORE to myself that I was not going to let the 3 week stall get to me, but it's starting to. Mine started in the third week and I haven't lost anything in 3 1/2 weeks now. I'm really getting discouraged. I wanted so badly to be a sleeve rock star and it's just not feeling like it's gonna work out that way. I have seriously struggled with getting all my Water and Protein in, but have done well at keeping the carbs low. I would say I am getting about 50-65 grams of protein daily (from food b/c i am SO sick of shakes) and about 50 ounces of water. The last few days I have increased both hoping to jump start things, but still nothing. I'm even sitting here drinking my shake as I type. :(

Just wanting to know how long other people's stalls have lasted and if this still seems normal. I knew it would START around week 3, but didn't know it would LAST 3 weeks plus.

Trying to make sure I have included everything people normally ask. My stats are: sleeved 3/28 at 252lb. As of 5/5, 229lb. All of that 23 lb loss was during the first two weeks. I appreciate any feedback/ wisdom you guys can provide. My greatest fear going into this was that I would be that one person it doesn't work for and while rationally I know better....today it's feeling like that might be the case.

I wish I had useful stats- I'm currently going on a 2 wk stall- I'm 4 wks out though (Going on 5). Today I'm starting back on my liquids to see if that helps.

We have almost the sames stats!! I was sleeved on 3/28 weighed in on pre-op diet at 248# and had a 3-week stall as we all do....

Mine lasted a week and a half. You HAVE to get your Protein up to 70 - 80 grams minimum, drink the fluids, and my nutritionist had me increase my calories to break mine. So....2 shakes a day, and 3-4 "meals" that usually consist of cottage cheese, greek yogurt, string cheese, refried Beans, corned-beef hash with or without an egg, an omelet.....you get the idea. And take your chewable vitamin! I was only getting between 400 and 600 calories a day, increased it to 600-800, that seemed to help a lot. And when I get on full regular food next week she tells me 1000 calories a day.

I don't do fat-free anything really, except the greek yogurt.....eat waaaayyyyy too much cheese (I poop like a rabbit), and am slowly trying to get to real food.< /p>

Let us know, and I hope it helps.

I stalled during week one....today is the 3rd week of the stall....have lost NOTHING in 3 weeks. VERY discouraging and frustrating.

OK folks......

My stall lasted exactly one week. Here are my stats:

pre op diet one week starting weight 215, - 8lbs

Surgery date 2/28/11

wk 1 post op, - 5.5

wk 2 post op, - 4

wk 3 post op, - 0.5

wk 4 post op, - 5

wk 5 post op, - 2

wk 6 post op, - 3

wk 7 post op, - 2

wk 8 post op, - 3

wk 9 post op, - 3.5

So far this week, - 2lbs, my official weight in are on Mondays

Total 38 lbs

Here's my day.... rarely eat carbs. Always get tons of Water in each day (I'm drinking constantly). I get at least 3 hrs of cardio in per week (nothing overboard, swim laps and lite weights), Always eat my Protein first and i've never still been hungry for carbs afterwards (total full, no more room at the inn). I start everyday with a 30 gram Protein shake (no added sugar from fruit). I get most my Protein from meat products and rarely from dairy. I keep my calories around 500-700 per day. My "rare" indulgances have been a glass or two of white wine but only on days I exercise. I have not ever gained or stalled during TOM (I think the extra Water i'm drinking helps that). For a salty snack I eat Pistachios (20 = 80 cals).

As you can see, i'm not pulling huge numbers (this isn't the biggest loser) but i'm somewhat consistant.

If you have more specific questions like my actual daily diet let me know. At two months out its pretty simple. I like salt more than sugar so the high protein diet is easier for me than maybe if I was a sugar person. Even at 215, I rarely ate sweets

CAUTION: TMI moment

You must get Fiber in some how. Nothing will stall my weight loss quicker than stopped up plumbing. What ever works... please make sure you are having at least 2 or 3 BM's a week minimal. (I sound like my mother).

Hip -I'm so thankful to hear you say yours is lasting that long as well. Don't take that the wrong way....not meaning I wish a stall on anyone, but glad that it might not be that unusual for it to last this long. I'm just disappointed that I go back to the doc next week and haven't lost since my last appointment.

Deakay- my doc started me on real food a little earlier so I've been getting around 900 calories. I've been wondering if maybe that is too many?!? Heck if I know. All I know is I want to start losing again. I did my shake for Breakfast this morning and I'm going to try to get back up in the 70-80 range on Protein. I was just getting so burned out on them. I've been doing ham and cheese roll ups, eggs, tuna, pepperoni stix, Greek yogurt (with strawberries mixed in...can't stand plain yet). Been doing the meat that I cook for the fam (salmon, grilled chicken, etc) and not a lot with it.

I can't see signatures on the iPad so I'm wondering how much you've lost since our stats are about the same starting out.

Just wish so bad I could have a nutritionist move in with me or a week!! ;). Thanks for listening guys!

I've only lost 27-1/2 pounds since my pre-op diet.....and I've added crystal light to the greek yogurt, works well too just don't add too much :)

Kim- I didn't see yours earlier when I responded to the others. Can you share what your daily meals are looking like? I'm noticing your calories seem a lot lower than mine so that may be part of my problem. And how much Water would you say you're getting?

OK folks......

My stall lasted exactly one week. Here are my stats:

pre op diet one week starting weight 215, - 8lbs

Surgery date 2/28/11

wk 1 post op, - 5.5

wk 2 post op, - 4

wk 3 post op, - 0.5

wk 4 post op, - 5

wk 5 post op, - 2

wk 6 post op, - 3

wk 7 post op, - 2

wk 8 post op, - 3

wk 9 post op, - 3.5

So far this week, - 2lbs, my official weight in are on Mondays

Total 38 lbs

Here's my day.... rarely eat carbs. Always get tons of Water in each day (I'm drinking constantly). I get at least 3 hrs of cardio in per week (nothing overboard, swim laps and lite weights), Always eat my Protein first and i've never still been hungry for carbs afterwards (total full, no more room at the inn). I start everyday with a 30 gram Protein shake (no added sugar from fruit). I get most my protein from meat products and rarely from dairy. I keep my calories around 500-700 per day. My "rare" indulgances have been a glass or two of white wine but only on days I exercise. I have not ever gained or stalled during TOM (I think the extra water i'm drinking helps that). For a salty snack I eat Pistachios (20 = 80 cals).

As you can see, i'm not pulling huge numbers (this isn't the biggest loser) but i'm somewhat consistant.

If you have more specific questions like my actual daily diet let me know. At two months out its pretty simple. I like salt more than sugar so the high protein diet is easier for me than maybe if I was a sugar person. Even at 215, I rarely ate sweets

CAUTION: TMI moment

You must get Fiber in some how. Nothing will stall my weight loss quicker than stopped up plumbing. What ever works... please make sure you are having at least 2 or 3 BM's a week minimal. (I sound like my mother).

Drink your Water, eat your Protein. Move. The stall will end in its own time. Stalls ARE normal. Almost everyone has many stalls over the course of their losing phase. Reaching goal will be one BIG stall if your lucky. Follow the rules your Doc gave you.... 99% of the time these will work in the long run. It is as frustrating as hell when they happen... take a breath... throw the scales away if you cant take "it". Use measurements as your standard instead of the scales. Search and read here... you will see story after story about stalls... and ALL of the people who have been doing this for over a couple of months can say that the stall passed. It may not be anything you are doing! Honest! My longest stall lasted almost 4 weeks and showed up at week two. Looking back I did actually lose two pounds over that time. My weight was up and down and staying the same for 4 weeks. I was doing everything right. Then it started coming off again.

I know we all our worried about the pounds coming off .. during anybody stalls have anybody noticed that there clothes were getting bigger ..I'm 9 days post -op and someone told me that even if your not loosing weight your still loosing inches. .

My stall lasted 2 1/2 weeks. It was frustrating at times but I just kept doing my routine. I agree with the not pounds but inches as during that time my shorts were getting loose. My stall broke 2 days ago and I've dropped 5.5 pounds since.

I have been stalling this past week (post op week 2-3). every day I weigh myself and I am up one day and down another, never lower than what I was a week ago. I am not so good that I can remember what day it is and only weigh in one day a week. I am most definitely losing inches. All of my clothes were tight on me before surgery and some I couldn't even wear. Now alot of them are too big and I'm fitting in smaller sizes too!

The body changes are amazing... it comes off one place then off another, the butt is gone and the calfs are the same, the stomach takes a hike and the wrists measure the same, but looks smaller and the Bracelet falls off. Its really something else. Sit back and marvel. Take some pictures of your self if you haven't already. Measure!

Kim- I didn't see yours earlier when I responded to the others. Can you share what your daily meals are looking like? I'm noticing your calories seem a lot lower than mine so that may be part of my problem. And how much Water would you say you're getting?

Morning.... I start off with a glass of Water while i'm getting ready for work and add my Vitamins... b-12, multi, Omega 3, Biotin, thyroid, Vitamin D (take Calcium and multi later in the day)

about 10am I have my 30 gram Protein drink. I buy them at costco Premium brand. 160 cals.

at noon I usually eat at work with some of the other gals. I eat things like boca burger, tuna salad, meat loaf, meat balls, grilled chicken. It doesn't take much to fill me up. Some times I just eat the meat out of a Lean Cuisine. Like the Meat balls and Pasta minus the pasta...

I leave work at 3pm to pick my son up from school. If I'm having a energy crash i will snack on pre-packaged beef Jerky. 120 cals.

around 5-6 pm I have another snack of pistachios if needed to hold me over till dinner. dinner will be another round of meat. Fish, Shrimp, chicken, beaf, Turkey, ground taco meat, etc....

I only add carbs if i'm out to eat. If we go to eat Mexican i will allow myself 2 chips with salsa. My husband and I share Fajita's minus the tortillas, & cheese etc.

I drink at least 100 once's of water a day.... i'm always drinking something. The more i drink the more i want to drink. It is key... not only does our skin need it, it helps flush out our bodies.

i also make sure the plumbing is clean... if i'm having problems by Friday I take a mild laxative like Delcolax and let it do its work overnight.

I think what helps me is... i don't have issues with Protein drinks. I like water, and i'm not a sugar addict.

If you want to know if you body is burning fat Ketosis strips help. The strips let You will know when you are in Ketosis (burning fat). I buy my strips at Target so i'm sure you can get them an any store that has diabetic supplies.

I hope this helps....

Let me know if you need me to elaborate....biggrin.gif