Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Pray for me guys, I'm going to be leaving for Mexico early in the morning (Saturday), :P and my surgery is Monday. I may not be able to visit back here until I get home on Wednesday night. I just want to feel some extra prayers and good wishes supporting my turn at banding. You guys are my support group!!:)

I'm banded. I went in for surgery yesterday at 7:30 am and got back home aroung 6:30 last night. Everything was extremely easy. Today I'm sore and needed a percocet. I've been walking around a lot and drinking plenty of fluids. My husband is amazed with me!

Yep, I have the port site pain as well. Lortab seems to help a little, but it makes me sleepy so today I will try liquid tylenol. No gas, but occasional burping. It is a little easier today to get out of the chair/bed. Are any you sleeping on your side yet? I have for the last two nights but I have to hold my hand to my stomach as I turn to the side. When I shift to the side it feels as if something heavy is shifting inside of me. Anyone experience that? Even though we have passed the 48 hour mark, somehow I feel it is too soon to try soft foods. Maybe I'm just a scaredy cat!

Koala, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am now on Day 3 post-op and I think I am progressing well. I drove my daughter to skating lessons this morning and then went to a meeting. In all, I was out for about 4.5 hours. I don't want to push it, but OTOH, I am going back to work on Monday, so I am trying to increase my activity level so that I can make it through at least 1/2 day.

The only pain I have in at the port site. I am still taking the Loritab sometimes, but only Tylenol if I'm going to be driving.

Even though my Dr. allows soft foods after 48 hours, I'm taking it a bit slower. I have eaten a bit of yogurt and applesauce, but otherwise, I've been drinking the Atkins and lo-carb Slimfast and drinking broth with Protein Powder added. I just don't have a good feel for how much I should be eating right now.

Any input?

Thanks.

Does anyone have port pain advice besided the walking? Warm fluids are for gas, I don't think its helps portpain. in fact ive been tempted to use an ice pack on mine. No offense, but it gets really hot (and probably inflamed on inside) because my breast is on top of it.

LOL..mine too...I use ice and it feels MUCH better!

BooBoo Kitty,

Hi :-)

got your private message and will reply there too.

I'm so glad you told me that ice on the port site helps. The people at lenox hill suck in many ways and the only thing I was ever told when I ASKED for ice in the hospital was, well, it won't help the gas...or it'll make the gas worse. Hey, it just hit me that may be why you aren't able to get rid of your....hmmmm try to lay off the ice some. because heat ...always helps gas....always.

To be continued in my respnse to your other msg.

Well I try my first soft food - guess I am not a scaredy cat after all. I ate a cup of mashed potatoes and did fine. I ate them very, very slowly. I cannot yet feel a "stopping point" but I definitely am feeling hunger pangs.

I'm on liquids for 2 weeks so no mushies for me yet. I'm not really hungry either but I think that might be from the gas pains. Man I hate gas pains. I'm just sipping Water, hot tea, propel, yogurt and popcicles. But not all at once. Oh and skim milk.

Okay, I thought all the gas was gone but tonight I did have some shoulder pain. It went away after awhile. It was more a nuisance than pain. I am definitely getting hunger pangs but cannot tell if I the soreness I am experiencing is pain from fullness or pain from the procedure.

Hey Everyone,

I'm now back home from being banded by Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey! I have to say, I don't know if I can handle the week of broth....I've already slipped and had oatmeal! =) I figure this, as long as I can suck it down and it's soft to watery...I'm going to eat it! I didn't get fat by eating broth and it's hard to just stop food to go to broth for a week!-Just my opinion. As far as pain, I have some port pain, luckly no gas pain, and slight bruising. Already, I'm down 10lbs from being banded on the 1st and I'm looking forward to what the future holds!

Good luck to eveyone who has yet to pass over...it's a mind blowing experience to know that you're actually going to loose weight!

Courtney

welcome home Courtney! I don't know how much I'm down yet because I don't have a scale but I'm sure it's a few pounds at least. I am really wanting the two weeks of liquids over with already. I can't eat broth. Something about the smell makes me nausous. I could go for some cream of wheat though, but I'm trying to follow my dr's orders. Me and DH went for a nice walk tonight. That helped some. I'm so glad to be at this point now. It's all downhill from here.... in a good way! I love being a loser!

Hi Everyone! Congrats to those who have been banded, and good luck to those up and comming! Mine is the 8th of August in Atlantic City NJ. I have been running around like a nut, so when the morning comes it will be a shock. I'm not worried, and my husband will take care of me. So I'll let you know!

Patti

Good Luck to everyone who is getting ready for the surgery. I too am almost their mine is scheduled for August 9th I can't wait I'm still looking for a good Protein Drink if anyone has a good suggestion let me know