Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I be the only person who has failed a two weight loss surgeries??? Had lap band and lost 100 pounds. Switched to the sleeve in Sept and lost 40 pounds. But, I have lost nothing in the last 3-4 months....in fact I have gained 15 pounds. I am almost back to my surgery date weight. WTF?? Can I be re-sleeved??? I can eat moderate amounts of food and obviously is doing that. But, I feel hungry most of the day. What is this pouch test/diet I am seeing a few mentions about? I feel like a complete failure and that I will never be an "acceptable" size.

Can I be the only person who has failed a two weight loss surgeries??? Had lap band and lost 100 pounds. Switched to the sleeve in Sept and lost 40 pounds. But, I have lost nothing in the last 3-4 months....in fact I have gained 15 pounds. I am almost back to my surgery date weight. WTF?? Can I be re-sleeved??? I can eat moderate amounts of food and obviously is doing that. But, I feel hungry most of the day. What is this pouch test/diet I am seeing a few mentions about? I feel like a complete failure and that I will never be an "acceptable" size.

I am so sorry you are feeling so down. But don't give up! What is your intake amounts (calories, fat, carbs, Protein, Water, etc...)? How much exercise are you getting in? Below is the link to the pouch test:

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

5 day pouch test is going to rid you of carb, and essentially get you back to basics. It won't permanently shrink your stomach, it won't do anything to really "test your capacity", all it's going to do is help you get back on track and get the carbs out of your system to help jump start weight loss again.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

Days One & Two: liquid Protein

low-carb Protein shakes, broth, clear or cream Soups, sugar-free Gelatin and pudding. Read more.

Day 3: Soft Protein

canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy. Read more.

Day 4: Firm Protein

ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut. Read more.

Day 5: Solid Protein

white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game

Read more.

If you're not tracking your food intake, I recommend it. Get back to what you were doing when you were losing weight. Really evaluate what you are eating, as this is the most difficult time is when you have less restriction, and you really are responsible for success. The sleeve only does so much for us.

Scheduling meals and Snacks is the easiest way for me to stay on track. Are you still on an acid reducer? Acid overproduction can cause hunger. Also, if you are carb sensitive, your body might be craving carbs, and if you are eating more carbs than protein than your body is burning the sugar from carbs instead of burning the fat.

Getting the sleeve "resleeved" is nearly impossible and not recommended due scar tissue and existing staples. I know of one lady that went to get "resleeved" and the surgeon would not do it because her sleeve was perfect size, she was just eating all the wrong foods. She was nearly 4 years out, and had gained about 30lbs back. She went to have her gb removed and the surgeon checked her sleeve while he was in there.

Start a food journal track of your calorie count and exercise, I use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ but there are dozens out there to choose from. This will give you an indication of what you are really eating and burning off. Like most obese people you are probably underestimating your caloric intake and overestimating your exercise. If you are truthfully filling it out and still are not losing despite racking up a caloric shortfall then see your doctor.

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems.

The only revision I might contemplate would be duodenal switch (but I'm 'only' in the overweight category so this'd only be theoretical contemplation on my part). You've seriously got to research if you do want it, as it's a serious op and you need to be committed to taking numerous Vitamins and 100g protein/day if you're a lady (more for guys). To qualify the BMI is 35 with 2 co-morbities or BMI 40.

There's more info here http://www.obesityhe...fore-you-chose/

Don't bother with the ROSE/POSE technique or StomaphyX as I hear people only lose ~20lb and then regain it (they staple the inside of your stomach with a device through your throat). I've been pondering band over plication too (I'm guessing band over sleeve could be an option too), but you say previously had the band so I won't go any further on the subject of erosions, slippage, port flips, the elusive sweet spot, etc! wink.gif

Info on the 5 day pouch test is available on youtube on people's experiences, although info on what it involves is here

and http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

I sincerely wish you the best and don't give up... keep searching until you find something that works for you.

I ammloving the tracking of food. I did it prior to surgery and now I am tracking my intake while on full liquids. I feel that most have head hunger so actually seeing what one is eating throughout the day is beneficial.

Sorry you are having a rough time. I wish you well on your journey

I agree with the food tracking. Computer and phone apps make this easy and believe it or not kinda fun for me. Yes, I'm easily entertained and have no life whatsoever, but I digress.....

Myfitnesspal is a good one and works both on pc and iphone. I am not sure about other phones. But others said it had most foods in its database, and it's true. The best one so far.

The next thing is support. Either locally find a support group or this board. It helps to keep you focused and the advice and support from others going thru same process is so helpful. Then if all else fails if you aren't seeing a therapist maybe try that to see if it helps. Good luck!

Kelly