Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

april 18th sleevers how r u??

Can't believe its already been a week. I did end up having a complication. I was bleeding from the staple line and my blood pressure got to 60/40. They went back in about 5 hours later and repaired it. I needed two blood transfusions. And spent a few unexpected nights in icu. The scariest part was that I had no pre existing conditions I was just overweight. I'm 28. so it really can happen to anyone. I pray that the rest of my recovery is uneventful. hope all is well with everyone else

Oh honey!! hope it gets better.. good things coming ur way for sure:) cheer up and I am really sorry u had to go through a lot XOX HUGS!

I'm an April 17th sleever and things have been pretty uneventful for me. I'm so sorry you had to go through that extra drama with your surgery, but hopefully you're on the road to recovery now. Did they say what caused the bleeding at the staple line? Did you have your surgery local or did you travel for it?

Oh, no! I'm so sorry you had that additional stress and worry. I'm glad that you seem to be on the road to recovery now.

I was sleeved on the 18th, as well, and everything is going okay. I had extremely high blood pressure postop, but they gave me clonidine and it was effective. I got to come home on Wednesday. So far, I've finally gotten most of the icky gas out of my tissues, have minimal incision pain, and have dropped 14 pounds since the morning right before surgery. You have to factor in that I'm tall (6'2") and started at 306, so I had/have a lot to lose, thus the surgery.

Cons: I haven't gotten near my goals for Water or Protein yet, but my surgeon told me not to "stress out" about that--his exact words--so I'm not stressing. I have made a goal of getting 4 ounces in every hour that I'm awake, so that should bring me a lot closer to the Water goal. Plus, happily, I found a Protein powder at GNC, the Wheybolic Plus, that I can tolerate. Other Protein supplements, not so much.

Hang in there! We April 18th-ers are on our way!!!!!

Meg

Justdance, I'm so sorry you had that problem. I'm a 4/18 sleever. I had some bleeding the evening of surgery, the first time they got me up, but they just put in a stitch and it was under control. I was up again the next day and am doing fabulously now.

Had my toes done Friday, walked a mile and a half yesterday. Still not quite there with the Protein - thought I'd get it in yesterday, but I just couldn't drink that last bowl of Protein Soup. I reckon I got pretty close to 60 grams, my goal is 70. The only things I'm still noticing is that I sleep a lot and I get queasy in the morning until I've had some protein. But today I CAN DRIVE!! The world is my oyster.

Hope you're doing better soon!

Thank you everyone. I had surgery local. With a well known doctor. I will see him Friday and will be asking for a recap on what exactly happened. And I will report back to you guys. I feel pretty good now and I'm walking and drinking and eating my pureed meals(not exactly the highlight of my day) I hope so much that the worst is over and appreciate all your well wishings. My husband had been an absolute dream. I love that man. Glad you are all okay and can't wait to hear the progress we will all be making!

I was sleeved on the 18th too.

Can't believe a week is here. Had trouble with pain meds and knew that going in. I was hitting my pain pump with no help from neasuea meds. Gave up on pain meds for the day and night, and the next morning had a great nurse. Started on a combination of hycet and phenegran. Walked the halls a few times. I was OUT OF IT all of monday. Came home on tuesday evening. Stayed on meds for a few days. Walking up and down my long driveway - a total of about 18 minutes a day. Tolerating all liquids. Can not stand sugar free anything. I am a Water drinker, and that is what I enjoy the most. My shake supplements are good and the protien powders added to my strained Soups are great.

Anyone else bruised black and blue on top and bottom of navel??? What is that about????

Glad to hear everyone has made it this far with little problems.

I'm so sorry to hear about your complications.

I, too, was sleeved on April 18th. I'm actually feeling really well. I have been walking 3 times a day from 30 minutes to an hour. It has been a lifesaver with the gas pain.

Wishing my fellow sleevers a speedy recovery!

Hi all. I was sleeved April 13. Lots of Black and Blue on my tummy! Went back to work today and all seems to be going well. Just really tired tonight.

Sleeved on the 18th. I am down 10lbs. since surgery 40lbs. since 4/1 on the pre op. food still hurts a bit going down. I have had no complications and have been pretty active since being home. Doing a lot of walking since surgery. No gym or weights till 3 weeks after surgery I was told.

Can't believe its already been a week. I did end up having a complication. I was bleeding from the staple line and my blood pressure got to 60/40. They went back in about 5 hours later and repaired it. I needed two blood transfusions. And spent a few unexpected nights in icu. The scariest part was that I had no pre existing conditions I was just overweight. I'm 28. so it really can happen to anyone. I pray that the rest of my recovery is uneventful. hope all is well with everyone else

I am an April 18th sleever as well. I am sorry to hear about your complications! Hang in ther hopefully it will get better for you. Until about 5 days after surgery I was wondering what the heck I had done to myself....lol. I am down almost 22 lbs. now and actually seeing the results has helped me. I feel fine now and am very happy that I decided to do the surgery.

Hooray for April 18th! It was a good day to start our new lives. I am so sorry you had the complications. Hopefully you are feeling much much better soon.

I did not do so well with the anestesia and was throwing up most of the time in the hospital. It was pretty lousey. I had to stay 2 extra nights because I couldnt get anything down or keep it down and they had to put me back on IV pain meds. Oh well. I went back to work 8 days post op and I have already lost 16 pounds. Woo-hoo! Trying to walk everyday, but with the crazy weather we have been having in NJ I havent been able to do it regularly. Been having incision pain on the left. I am wondering if I am doing too much or if this is normal. @smiley, I was all black and blue around my belly button area too. Dont know why but the stitches are healing so I am not concerned.

Good luck and congrats to everyone. Its great having people to go through this with. :D

I too was done on 4/18. Been a hard road. My lungs didn't want to cooperate well after OR and ended up with pneumonia. Didn't get to leave until 4/22. liquids antibiotics are nauseating and leave a terrible after taste, so nothing much has been going down too well. It has been difficult to get much Protein and/or fluids and walking with 30'ish weather hasn't been what's happening. I know I did the right thing but still wonder when the outcome will make me feel better.

Hello everyone. Well I wanted to update with my story of having a complication and went to see my doctor today. Everything is doing so much better. I was 304 when I started the process and pre-op I was 268 and today I weigh 252. I'm so happy. No I have struggled with fear of another complication but I'm trying to stay positive. So i asked the doctor to tell me again what exactly happened. He said I had bleeding in my abdomen and he saw a little clot on the staple line and when he touched it, it had started to bleed so he cauterized it. And then he was done. So here I am almost 2 weeks later almost back to normal except for the normal left incision pain. Hope all is well with you guys! Thanks for the continued support

How are all the April 18th sleevers doing? I see no new posts and wanted to check on my fellow sleevers. I have lost 55 lbs.:D