Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member- JBTCat - 3 months post sleeve

Hi-

I just joined this forum on my three month anniversary of getting my sleeve.

Just a short history-

Highest weight 360+ in 2006

Consult for RnY 1 Nov 07, weight 339

Scheduled for RnY 27 May, 08 with Dr. Garth Davis.

Found out I might have Lupus 14 May, 08

Had surgery for Lap-Band 30 May, 08, weight 285

Had 18 months of hell with the band- my stomach kept slipping- lowest weight with band 249 after being very ill for 3 weeks- normal weight 265.

Band removed 29 Dec 09, weight 266.

I was told by Dr. Davis that if I did his medically supervised diet for two months he might preform a sleeve. At one month into the diet, he changed his mind due to all the trouble I had with the band. I did his medically supervised diet for 6 months and gained up to 278 again. I was still having some of the problems because I did not tolerated the band- because part of the band was left behind when it was removed.

I found another local doctor- Dr. Robert Marvin- that use to be a trauma surgeon that would preform the sleeve.

Had foot surgery 8 Dec 10- could not cook so ate a lot of fast food gain 10 pounds in 3 weeks- mainly due to the salt.

18 Jan 11 - I got my sleeve at 284.

29 Jan 11- got readmitted to the hospital due to a 101.6 temp- sent 5 days on IV antibiotics.

I am now at 255 today.

I go to my doctor Wed. for my 3 month check up.

Wow, seems like you've had a rollercoaster couple of years! I wish you continued weight loss and good health!

Thanks

What an odissey... How do you feel? Are you happy with the sleeve? I see you've lost 30 pounds since you got it, I can guess you're satisfied with the the results you're getting!

What an odissey... How do you feel? Are you happy with the sleeve? I see you've lost 30 pounds since you got it, I can guess you're satisfied with the the results you're getting!

I wish that I could have had this to begin with. I know I am not losing as fast because I need to exercise more, but I have to balance how much I do. If I do too much one day, my arthritis will make me pay the next day.

I have lost more with the sleeve than I did with the band. I am losing large amount of inches, even if it does not show on the scale. I have gone down one pant size from 22 to a 20 since surgery. If I did not have a 20-30 pound apron I would be in smaller pants. I should not complain- I started out wearing 32-34 pants and 4 XL shirt. I am now wearing 20 pants and large shirts. I can wear 1x skirts.

The first photo is from 12/25/07, my weigh was around 330. The second photo is 16 weeks post band. The last photo is from this month. I am wearing a large shirt and 2x pants that are too big.

post-9596-13813656495641_thumb.jpg

post-9596-13813656495889_thumb.jpg

post-9596-13813656496095_thumb.jpg