Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, little skinny person I did not know I was overweight!

Hello, I have lurked around here for a while, taking sips of information like so many of you with you Protein Shakes. I feel I know some of you already. So I thought to myself. "hey, introduce yourself to these lovely folks, and join in on the ride."

I am like many of you am a life long overweight fella, done the diets, listened to the little people expond the virtues of eating less, moving more, all the while thinking, "yeah, ok toothpick boy with the memory foam office chair molded to your half a cheek butt, come spend one day fabricating and installing granite countertops with me and then talk to me about moving more while I carry you back to the truck after the work day" I mean really, why is it that skinny people never know how little they are? always talking about needing to lose 5 more pounds? Don't they get how small they are? When's the last time you heard one of our metabolicly hyper-efficient-selves say something that indicates we do not know our size? heck i do every time some skinny person gives me advice or bemoans the need to lose another few lbs, I hold my gut and say, yeah, I so get that, If I could just gain 5 more lbs I'd be so happy, right where I need to be :) sheesh look in a mirror people. lol, oh sorry I digress

Anyway, so I have been researching surgery for 4 yrs, lapband was my first choice, then about a year ago I started looking at the sleeve and decided that was the way I wanted to go. I have been looking forward to the day when I could begin this journey, your stories have helped me stay focused on the goal (i'm self-pay) well i just filed my taxes and with the return will finally have enough (if i go with the dr. that advertises here for 4400.00) to have the surgery. To say I am excited is like saying the moon is kinda big.

I am both excited and nervous all at once, at 39 I thought that feeling was gone with, prom, my wedding night and size less than 50 pants.

So, im 39, 5'8" was 310 at my heavyest 18 months ago, I have lost 40lbs since my heaviest, but have been stuck here for 10 months. I am looking forward to this journey, toward, health, comfortable airplane rides, amusment parks, sitting on the floor without a wall to lean on, a sexy self, well ok really who knows, i have never been little and i could get then and then be ugly, i mean hey, there are alot of skinny people that are not so umm, well, not ugly. ;) Anyway, Thought i'd say hi and introduce myself.

Pasquini

Hi, glad you came out of lurkmode!! Look forward to reading about your journey. We have a lot in commom. I too am using tax.refund for self pay in Mex.

Hey there and welcome. . . Glad to have you here ! ! ! Best wishes with getting everything lined up for surgery, VSG is the best thing I ever did ! ! !

Hi, glad you came out of lurkmode!! Look forward to reading about your journey. We have a lot in commom. I too am using tax.refund for self pay in Mex.

I'm sorta in is this real mode. Good luck and Godspeed on Ur surgery. :)

Hello and welcome!! You will find all of your answers here!! Everyone is so helpful and nice.

I am being sleeved May 9th and can't wait! Best of luck to you. Keep us posted...and no more lurking!!

Kelly

Hello pasquini, welcome to VST!!

I think majority of us, whether overweight or uber thin don't really realize how we really look. For me, I don't know what the reason was, but whenever someone would convince me to take a picture and I'd see it, I was always so shocked.

And now, all day long I'm being called "skinny" or whatever. I'm not skinny at all - at least not in my mind I'm not. But since everyone else says so, does that mean I'm just not seeing myself for who I really am? I don't know!!!

Good luck on your journey. The sleeve really is all it's cracked up to be, and then some. Read up and ask as many questions as you can think of, no better folks to give some advice than those who are living it.

;)

Welcome to out of lurkdome!

When the board seemed to be down a bit earlier today I realized just how addicted I am...

My surgery is also May 9th and I can' wait. I will enjoy following your journey too!

Welcome Pasquini. I too was a lurker for a long time on this board and when I finally made the decision to have the sleeve I signed up to become a member of this wonderful group. I am close to being 2 months sleeved and it is one of the best things I could have done for myself. Keep us posted on your journey.

Hi, Pasquini! Welcome to the VST boards. I post every now and then, but I am on here reading and learning every single day. Just ask a question: there's always several people who will have just the right answer for you.

Husky2healthy.

Bwaha. I so wore those. Lol. Man it hated those. Those and rustler. Yes it certainly seem that women are the majority around here. Whuch I'm ok with I suppose. :) I went to a mostly womens college in the south, which worked out very well ;) unless u got stuck holding the door after chapel, u were there holding the door for 10 min unless some other fella was dumb enough to try to walk through it. Lol

Good Luck to you....I am getting sleeved on May 4, today I went bought the food for the liquid diet I am starting on Monday. I got the news on Tuesday....I think it has set in I am getting the procedure done. Now the emotions are starting. I am trying to keep my self busy with chores around the house. I wish the best on your journey. Love this website.

Congrats. Yes I get the emotions and such. I have been bouncing around in my head all day. I'm sure it will increase as the day approaches but I am focusing on my kids and how much freaking fun. We r gonna have when I am able to go and do whatever they want! I can't wait! Here's to our being big ol losers!!!! Woot!

Hi Pasquini,

Great to have another sleeve pal, I'm glad you came out of lurker mode!

This CRACKED ME UP!!! :

"I hold my gut and say, yeah, I so get that, If I could just gain 5 more lbs I'd be so happy, right where I need to be"

I'm so using this response the next time a skinny mini complains about their 5 lbs....

Sending you the best luck when you get sleeved! It's been such a useful tool for me (62 lbs in 4 months!)!!!!