Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changes in my body since the sleeve

Hi,

I have noticed a couple of changes since I was sleeved 4 weeks ago. First, my body odor seems to have disappeared. I know this because my memory has also left me and I keep forgetting to put my deodorant on in the morning. So I go all day and I don't stink. The next major change is that I don't get hot flashes anymore. I am only 37, but I have been getting hot flashes in the middle of the night and when I wake up for a couple of years now. Suddenly, no more heat!

Very interesting...

Lara

It's not just you - or females either. I too experienced nearly identical blessings, I used to have a real sour acidic sweat that bugged me. I now rarely sweat and am cold a lot. I was getting hot flashes (I'm 50) which made NO sense to me or my doctor, sitting there and WHOOSH! It was like I was on fire, broke out in a sweat and my face would turn bright red. It would pass in maybe 10 minutes, typically it happened in the evening. Not ONE episode since the sleeve.

Maybe TMI... I used to sweat so bad sleeping that the salts would stain my pillows a gross yellowish brown... Now I rarely sweat at all even while exercising it's such a great feeling and I am not as self conscience any more I know there were times when I was the stinky guy though few people ever said anything.

Getting sweaty at night can be a symptom of sleep apnea. I know coz I had apopnea (like apnea but less severe) and I had my uvula removed for it. When I went to get my post-op sleep study done I told the consultant that I'd stopped waking up sweaty and he said that was a strong indication I was cured - which I was! smile.gif

Good to hear, I have stopped using the mask because my CPAP broke on me after 8 years and my sleep doctor wants me to be 240 lbs before doing another sleep study.

I do not sweat any more at night though so hopefully that's a good indication I am cured, I will find out soon enough, have a follow up in May hoping I am 240 lbs by then.

Good luck. You've done awsomely on the weight loss front, so hopefully you are cured.

I do still wake up every 90 minutes but that's at the end of a natural sleep cycle. Most people only stir slightly and turn over, but I've become a lighter sleeper after being woken up roughly every 10 minutes for more than a decade (sleep apnea is more like every 2 minutes).

Good to hear, I have stopped using the mask because my CPAP broke on me after 8 years and my sleep doctor wants me to be 240 lbs before doing another sleep study.

I do not sweat any more at night though so hopefully that's a good indication I am cured, I will find out soon enough, have a follow up in May hoping I am 240 lbs by then.