Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I left my stomach in Mexicali

Loved your post Crosswind... what a great interpretation of your experience in Mexicali! While I was there at the same time and was only three doors down the (sometimes noisy) hall, I would not have been able to recount my experiences nearly as well as you did!

I enjoyed meeing you... and being able to experience the process together with a few others gathered from who-knows-where (well, the midwest, Washington state, and Winnipeg in our case) who were gowing through the exact same thing at the exact same time. While definitely not a "vacation", I'm sure it was a much more "unique" experience than if I would have visited a local bariatric surgeon for a few days! Was it different, yes! Do I have any regrets, no!

Good luck on your WL journey!

Hey Indiana! Glad to see you guys made it back okay. I was in Walgreens today buying...stuff...gauze and tape and a thermometer and the lady behind the counter told me that when she went in to have her "easy" gallbladder surgery the surgeon nicked an artery. She started bleeding out and almost died. Later the surgeon said, " You know, for someone who almost didn't make it, you look pretty good." I instantly thought, hell, if I ever need my gallbladder out I'm going back to Mexicali :).

Good to see you on here. I had such a...well, I had such a not-exactly-good time the past few days I'm thinking about going back to get my 3 month checkup at Almater. Never did get to see Seaworld. Let me know if you two are up for that later on :).

I've been waiting for you to weigh in (pun intended ;-P) as I knew it would be an entertaining read- and I read it out loud to my husband, as I have all your posts lately. Thanks for brightening a down day! I look forward to following your journey. I bet you could do a great You Tube series!

First if all, you are hilarious and an excellent writer! Please tell me you do this for a living. If not, you seriously should. Now, congrats on your new tummy (prefer that to sleeve)! Looking forward to reading your posts as you recover!

I agree with all the others who said you are an excellent and entertaining writer. You could definatly make some money at it. I enjoyed your post. Congrats on the surgery and not having too many problems.

Ok it was the drugs! I was basically out of it the first day (entire day). I was the first to get the surgery and I think I remember the doctors coming and checking on me through out the day but all I was able to manage was opening one eye and then I was out again. Too bad you were in a noisy area my room was behind/beside the nurses station. Keep on posting and if you do start a blog let us know. I really enjoy your rendition of this process.

I think there's a method to it though. The stomach is a stress organ. If you're upchucking, exhausted, scared, freaking out -- that has to translate into complications at least sometimes. A blissed out stomach is probably best :)

That is so true! They don't let the pain or nausea take hold. They nip it in the budbiggrin.gif

I didn't get so knocked out as you. They musta given the 'rebel' of the bunch more of the good stuff to keep her under control...loltongue.gif

Yep, too bad about the noise. I never heard a peep while I was there, like they were mice.

Glad you're home and sleeved. Thanks for sharing.

:). Just wanted to thank those who opined positively about my writing. I don't do it for a living. I'm from the Midwest and I'm over 40. Anybody who is from the Midwest and over 40 is a pretty good writer. I think it's because our public schools back in the day were full of failed novelists. We were therefore encouraged to express ourselves as unique beautiful DNA from the stars and so forth.

I know they didn't do that when my mom went to school and these days if you feel a need to express yourself you can put it on a Facebook page with a video of your cat and all the songs you like. It's much cooler to make an app than it is to write a sentence. I'm an accident of history :).

That is so true! They don't let the pain or nausea take hold. They nip it in the budbiggrin.gif

I didn't get so knocked out as you. They musta given the 'rebel' of the bunch more of the good stuff to keep her under control...loltongue.gif

Yep, too bad about the noise. I never heard a peep while I was there, like they were mice.

Glad you're home and sleeved. Thanks for sharing.

Disney I think they put us on a wing they don't normally use. Dr. Aceves said the hospital was a bit more crowded than it had been in the past and there was another space in the hospital they kept bariatric patients more often. I think. I might have been riding the blue pill when I heard him say that...

Oh edit -- When I had my mini-conference with the anesthesiologist he said -- our goal for you, for tomorrow, is no pain, no nausea, and no vomiting. I said, hooray! I love that goal!( I think in fact when he told me I was getting a morphine mix I gave the guy a high five.) He said one reason for all that was that of course getting your stomach cut out under normal conditions would hurt like Jesus Mary and Joseph and a person in pain doesn't breathe right. Shallow, panicked, breathing, tons of stress hormones. Etc. He said that was one big contributor to pneumonia.

So I don't think they manage the pain like that because they want to give the Americanos a good time. I think they do it because it's better for the outcome.

:). Just wanted to thank those who opined positively about my writing. I don't do it for a living. I'm from the Midwest and I'm over 40. Anybody who is from the Midwest and over 40 is a pretty good writer. I think it's because our public schools back in the day were full of failed novelists. We were therefore encouraged to express ourselves as unique beautiful DNA from the stars and so forth.

I know they didn't do that when my mom went to school and these days if you feel a need to express yourself you can put it on a Facebook page with a video of your cat and all the songs you like. It's much cooler to make an app than it is to write a sentence. I'm an accident of history :).

CW

So that makes our musings the Rhymes of the Ancient Midwesterners now doesn't it?:D

We came, we saw, we commented... Vini, Vidi, Vocal?

E

CW

So that makes our musings the Rhymes of the Ancient Midwesterners now doesn't it?:D

We came, we saw, we commented... Vini, Vidi, Vocal?

E

Uh huh. Don't tell me...Minnesota?

Lol...

Uh huh. Don't tell me...Minnesota?

Lol...

LoL -- Land of Lincoln!:rolleyes: Illinois

(and, contrary to popular belief, it is pronounced "ill ah noy" and not "ell eh noise")

LoL -- Land of Lincoln!:rolleyes: Illinois

(and, contrary to popular belief, it is pronounced "ill ah noy" and not "ell eh noise")

:) Heh. Happen to be there this very moment, typing in the gloom. I miss coffee badly. Badly!