Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Week Follow Appt Today

Went to my 2 wk post-op appt. and everything looks good. I am down 23 lbs from starting weight. Yea!!

Also, I have been busy compounding "Soft Food" items from all over the web. I took my list and ALL items were approved. I get to move to this stage next Wednesday. If you have others not mentioned PLEASE let me know. Yea! Here's the list if any one needs ideas for this stage:

600-800 Calories

60-70gms Protein

40gms Carbs

30gms Fat

Soft food Stage

Sliced/shredded fat-free or low-fat cheese

Yogurt

oatmeal

Soft Fruit

eggs (poached/scrambled)

Cottage Cheese

SF pudding

Canned Baby Meats/Pureed meats

Canned Tuna/Salmon/Chicken

Baked/Broiled/Steamed/Boiled Fish (Cod, Tilapia, Salmon, Crab, Shrimp, etc…)

Lean Lunchmeat Turkey/Ham/Chicken

Soup

Mashed Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes/Squash

Lean Ground Beef/Turkey/Pork (93% lean or better)

Unsweetened Applesauce

Soft Cooked Veggies (Green Beans, Carrots, Squash, etc…) NO CORN, PEAS, APARAGUS

Cream-of-Wheat

Malt-o-Meal

Dry Cereal soaked in 1% Milk

Toast

Crackers

Beans

Ricotta Cheese

Condiments:

Splenda, Powdered Creamer, Light Margarine (free of trans fat), ketchup, Light mayo, SF Jelly or Preserves, Low-fat salad Dressing, Hot Sauce, Mustard

Thanks for posting this list. Today marks my two week post-op and I have been trying to figure out what to eat. Ate a teaspoon of mashed potatoes today, but they did not go down too good. I have also eaten baked salmon this week which tasted pretty good. This list will help me out with more options!

Went to my 2 wk post-op appt. and everything looks good. I am down 23 lbs from starting weight. Yea!!

Also, I have been busy compounding "Soft Food" items from all over the web. I took my list and ALL items were approved. I get to move to this stage next Wednesday. If you have others not mentioned PLEASE let me know. Yea! Here's the list if any one needs ideas for this stage:

600-800 Calories

60-70gms Protein

40gms Carbs

30gms Fat

Soft food Stage

Sliced/shredded fat-free or low-fat cheese

Yogurt

Oatmeal

Soft Fruit

eggs (poached/scrambled)

Cottage Cheese

SF pudding

Canned Baby Meats/Pureed meats

Canned Tuna/Salmon/Chicken

Baked/Broiled/Steamed/Boiled Fish (Cod, Tilapia, Salmon, Crab, Shrimp, etc…)

Lean Lunchmeat Turkey/Ham/Chicken

Soup

Mashed Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes/Squash

Lean Ground Beef/Turkey/Pork (93% lean or better)

Unsweetened Applesauce

Soft Cooked Veggies (Green Beans, Carrots, Squash, etc…) NO CORN, PEAS, APARAGUS

Cream-of-Wheat

Malt-o-Meal

Dry Cereal soaked in 1% Milk

Toast

Crackers

Beans

Ricotta Cheese

Condiments:

Splenda, Powdered Creamer, Light Margarine (free of trans fat), ketchup, Light mayo, SF Jelly or Preserves, Low-fat salad Dressing, Hot Sauce, Mustard

Thanks for posting this list. Today marks my two week post-op and I have been trying to figure out what to eat. Ate a teaspoon of mashed potatoes today, but they did not go down too good. I have also eaten baked salmon this week which tasted pretty good. This list will help me out with more options!

Tried mashed potatoes (thinned) last night. Wasn't supposed to yet, and it bit me in the you know what!! I woke up at 4am with bad cramps and felt yucky and light headed until afternoon.

I fessed up to the doc and he said although it was thinned, it is a starch and swells up, that's why my sleeve didn't like. Just be careful with the starches "Big Tom." Take it really slow.

Great job on your weight loss! I went for my two week post-op today as well and am down 19.6 lbs from last weight pre-op. They say that is the norm to lose between 20 to 30 lbs the first month post-op so I seem to be right on track. I was however lacking in the fluids department and need to up the Fluid intake. I wish my doctor would allow this list but I am on a strict low carb/no starch diet until I reach my goal. Only Protein, fruit, and veggies, milk and yogurt allowed. No oatmeal, cereal, mashed potatoes, etc! It's probably a good thing b/c those are the things I ate too much of before surgery. Keep up the good work and thanks for posting the food list.

Can't Weight! You're lucky!! When I suggested at my 2 week checkup a home made baked potato and cheese Soup, I got a resounding "NO" - then a "Do you want to sabotage yourself?" Potatoes were a no no - sweet potatoes, yes, but only limited; they probably wouldn't set well, plus, we need Protein not something that even when we can introduce other stuff should be very limited. Cottage cheese would be a much better choice, I can't remember what else, but cottage cheese - I call it the Breakfast of champions. Love it, 1% of course.

Tried mashed potatoes (thinned) last night. Wasn't supposed to yet, and it bit me in the you know what!! I woke up at 4am with bad cramps and felt yucky and light headed until afternoon.

I fessed up to the doc and he said although it was thinned, it is a starch and swells up, that's why my sleeve didn't like. Just be careful with the starches "Big Tom." Take it really slow.

Can't Weight! You're lucky!! When I suggested at my 2 week checkup a home made baked potato and cheese Soup, I got a resounding "NO" - then a "Do you want to sabotage yourself?" Potatoes were a no no - sweet potatoes, yes, but only limited; they probably wouldn't set well, plus, we need Protein not something that even when we can introduce other stuff should be very limited. Cottage cheese would be a much better choice, I can't remember what else, but cottage cheese - I call it the Breakfast of champions. Love it, 1% of course.

I totally agree! I just wanted to taste something other than "SWEET" Protein shakes! I'm going to focus on staying away from potatoes, bread, rice, and Pasta. They have nothing to offer in the way of nutrition in my new eating habits, really. Thanks for your reply!! :P

OMG - i hated the shakes....I quit drinking them and bit the bullet, no pun intended, and started drinking the Protein bullets from GNC. They're only 3.5 oz and I could hold my breath and drink a third or fouth at a time three or four times a day and be done with it!! LOL Anyway, when you do start eating regular food, beware of pasta!!! I have NEVER thrown up, but I came close with spaghetti and meatballs!!! I ate one meatball first, PROTEIN.....then just a little Pasta. I always measure (still do) or weigh my food, but of course when we are out, you have to "eyeball" it!!! This was about four months I guess, and 1 meatball I knew would be fine, and the penne Pasta, well, I ate probably six pieces. Afterwards I nibbled on a couple bites of bread dipped in the olive oil. I was fine, what i ate was so little. The meatball was little. Anyway, when we got up to walk out, all of a sudden it hit me, it was like everything got bigger. By the time we got to the car, I knew I could not make the 20 minute drive home. My husband suggested we walk around, so we did just that. I needed to spit, I did that a couple of times, gross as it sounds, but it's better than throwing up!! We walked in the cool air for ten or fifteen minutes and I was fine, but I avoided pasta for a couple of months, and since then, I do NOT get meatballs, shrimp or chicken for me....and just a couple of bites of the pasta. At home I can measure and I keep the sauce and pasta separate. I take more meatsauce and very little pasta. (always whole wheat here at home, and when we do have rice, always brown) If I am going to have that stuff, it's going to be as healthy as possible. I've found that Ramano's macaroni Grill has whole wheat pasta - so far it's the only one that I know of. Just an FYI - if you have one around you!!! Good luck, you'll do GREAT!!!!!!!! Oh.....as for something good that I enjoyed early on and still eat now and then, sugar free Jell-O with sugar free Cool Whip. Loved it......and it was not something I'd eat before surgery!!!!

I totally agree! I just wanted to taste something other than "SWEET" Protein shakes! I'm going to focus on staying away from potatoes, bread, rice, and pasta. They have nothing to offer in the way of nutrition in my new eating habits, really. Thanks for your reply!! :P