Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And now for more TMI: TOM question

I really thought I had this timed perfectly when I set my surgery date. I'm usually like a swiss watch but I have heavy periods and it was the last thing I wanted to be thinking about when I flew to Mexico. So usually it shows up a couple days after the full moon, the 20th or 21st. Perfect: surgery date on the 29th. All over, no problems and no dealing with that right after surgery.

Except it's not coming. Dammit I have even been* talking* to my uterus all day yesterday and today -- " Come ON already...Please. For once do what I expect you to. " But alas. I did just quit smoking and caffeine and SUGAR and I am deeply freaked out about getting on that plane on Monday so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

Sigh. So I was wondering who all took Aunt Flo into surgery with them and if it was a problem.

If you do start your period, trust me.. no one in that OR will care.. i PROMISE you.. nothing to worry about as far as the staff.. it just might be a lil bit more uncomfortable for you being that you will be doing some cleaning during your stay.. but I'd guess that if your body and mind are so stressed out.. you might not start before the surgery...

Mine stopped the day before. I was worried they would cancel my surgery if I was on it, but they said they wouldn't. So then 7 days after surgery BAM it came back and with a vengeance. I swear I am bleeding to death. I always have very light cycles, so this is way different. I am on blood thinner shots for 10 days so I think that has something to do with it. not much fun to add cramping pain to my surgery pain.

Mine stopped the day before. I was worried they would cancel my surgery if I was on it, but they said they wouldn't. So then 7 days after surgery BAM it came back and with a vengeance. I swear I am bleeding to death. I always have very light cycles, so this is way different. I am on blood thinner shots for 10 days so I think that has something to do with it. not much fun to add cramping pain to my surgery pain.

I know, it's just going to make the whole thing suck that much more...

I have PCOS so my experience might be different... but prior to the preop diet its been months since I had a period. I've never been regular and have often gone 6-9 months without a period many times before.

About 4 days into the preop diet my period started and lasted until the day before the surgery. Now post op I've been spotting here and there for a week. I won't complain (see above). And I know its hormone city for my body right now.

I went in with my period. No one cared. They didn't even mention it. But more tmi my surgery was on feb 11 had my tom them and have had it 3 times since. And it's only match.

I also went into the OR with my period. I didn't really care except when prepping you for the OR, they make you remove ALL your clothing including your panties, and I use pads, not tampons. So, they gave me a nice pair of MESH panties that looked so small I was sure it wasn't going to cover 1 of my ass cheeks let alone my whole bum and up over the "fat rolls" of my stomach, but it stretched nicely and were actually comfortable!tongue.gif

I also went into the OR with my period. I didn't really care except when prepping you for the OR, they make you remove ALL your clothing including your panties, and I use pads, not tampons. So, they gave me a nice pair of MESH panties that looked so small I was sure it wasn't going to cover 1 of my ass cheeks let alone my whole bum and up over the "fat rolls" of my stomach, but it stretched nicely and were actually comfortable!tongue.gif

Oh, man. Good to know!

I started my TOM 2 days after surgery and I thought my back pain/cramping was from the surgery but I guess not! I have been on my TOM for the past 4 days and boy is it HEAVY! I've gone through a ton of pads since then! I hope this isn't a forever thing, I hope my cycle goes back to normal soon.

I am perimenopausal and started spotting the day of my surgery. No problem - at this stage you never know when one will pop up - so be prepared is my new motto - stole it from the boy scouts. LOL