Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At what point does your new normal begin? After you've gotten through weeks of liquids and mushies....when do "normal" eating begin and when do you feel healed and normal? Going in for the initial class next week.

Thanks

At what point does your new normal begin? After you've gotten through weeks of liquids and mushies....when do "normal" eating begin and when do you feel healed and normal? Going in for the initial class next week.

Thanks

Yes would someone please answer that ?????????????

Now I am presently pre-sleeved, but my surgeon's guidelines have me eating normal at 6 weeks.

I will wait until the 28th to be on solid foods.. So monday will be my first day on complete normal food..I know it sucks but its going to get better...Keep your head up and you will do fine..

Even once I got to normal foods at 6-7 weeks out, I was far from normal. I still had difficulty getting in dense Protein so I had to rely on mushies for 3 solid months post-op. It was my "normal". Everyone is different, and while others are able to bounce right back, and start eating normal foods around 4-6 weeks there is no guarantee that will be the case for you or anyone else.

Also, food became really repulsive to me at different points post-op. I was bored with food, it tasted horrible, nothing satisfied me, and it was not a fun ride, a temporary ride, but it didn't suck any less. I will say that I've been feeling pretty normal for about a year at his point so it wasn't a forever thing.

So Tiff, your normal didn't really begin until after 3 months? I mean being allowed to eat normal fee in moderation (not mushies, etc). During your time where you were bored with food and repulsed by it, were you depressed/angry or simply not interested? I"m very worried about being depressed and regretful.

So Tiff, your normal didn't really begin until after 3 months? I mean being allowed to eat normal fee in moderation (not mushies, etc). During your time where you were bored with food and repulsed by it, were you depressed/angry or simply not interested? I"m very worried about being depressed and regretful.

No, I was released for normal food at 6 weeks but because I couldn't do shakes, and I couldn't eat 4oz of solid Protein, I had to rely on mushies for longer. My diet of mushies consisted of chicken/tuna salads, refried Beans, ground meat with Pasta sauce, or taco seasoning and greek yogurt. But, I didn't have room for junk food, or carbs so there was nothing "normal" about my daily intake. So, it kind of depends on what your definition of mushy food. I could only eat about 2oz of solid meat around 2-3 months out so it was ridiculous for me to try to eat my Protein if all I could in was 2oz. I need to puree it, or make it moist to get in 3-4oz of the meat.

I was never depressed during my recovery. I had my down days, but I have never dealt with true clinical depression, and even with my complications, extensive recovery, not once did I have any regrets. NOT one regret, or second guessing myself.

I will say that I was not an emotional eater, I was a volume eater, and I didn't have a lot of head hunger with the sleeve because I beat a lot of that with the band experience. Food just didn't taste good probably because I was in ketosis and I stuck to things that I knew would work for me to get in my protein from food sources. All I did to get over it is overseason food, try new recipes, and really focus on creativity in the kitchen. Food was just blah, and it was a chore to eat since I had zero physical hunger.

I do not expect to be eating food types like I was previously to the sleeve for awhile. I am still on mushies (week 5 for me) and will move onto more solid foods soon but I will slowly introduce them.