Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surprisingly enough my dr doesn't require any diets before surgery and they are a center for excellence. Things that make you go hummmm. But I am forever grateful.

My friend had hers at a center of excellence and she did have a great experience. Everything went smooth as silk. And their pre-diet was 1 opti for Breakfast was more for the Vitamins, any lean cuisine they wanted for Breakfast or lunch (no desert ones) and 2 pieces of some fresh fruit (give a list, some were off limits). They have a great rep. My place does the 7 to 21 day fast depending on your health conditions. They will stand and argue me there is NO WAY this other place could do successful surgeries with letting their people eat that way right up until 48 hours before surgery. If they don't want to believe it, they won't. Surgeons are that way. You wonder if they people ever get together at a conference and review notes.

My friend had hers at a center of excellence and she did have a great experience. Everything went smooth as silk. And their pre-diet was 1 opti for breakfast was more for the Vitamins, any lean cuisine they wanted for breakfast or lunch (no desert ones) and 2 pieces of some fresh fruit (give a list, some were off limits). They have a great rep. My place does the 7 to 21 day fast depending on your health conditions. They will stand and argue me there is NO WAY this other place could do successful surgeries with letting their people eat that way right up until 48 hours before surgery. If they don't want to believe it, they won't. Surgeons are that way. You wonder if they people ever get together at a conference and review notes.

NO. KIDDING.

I can't believe how different the programs are, and how convinced each program is that theirs is capital-R Right. They don't have 'centre of excellence' identifications here per se, but my program's physicians and surgeons are all well-published in the bariatric field and are recognised as experts within the country for sure, as well as within Europe. They have particularly done a lot of research on the sleeve, and they stopped doing the lap-band quite some time ago, as they started to see the complications vs. success issues crop up in their studies early on. I trust them all implicitly, and yet they didn't have me on a pre-op diet (NB: No liquid or special diets -- they did specifically instruct me not to change my eating habits prior to surgery, not to gorge on last meals, nor to go way down in caloric intake) and they moved me to real food four days post-op. Nearly everyone everywhere finds this shocking (as do I, now that I know what other programs are like), but they have been doing the research for years and know their stuff. Just like all the other doctors and surgeons in other programs know their stuff, and do things completely differently. WTF? *shrug*

I mean, I just gave up. I can't compare my situation to others in any way except for the fact that we have all had (or are going to have) WLS of some kind. And VSGers have the same wee thumb-tummy that I do. Other than that, it's a total wild card it seems.

I just started my diet today. So far it's not too bad.

For breakfast I had a Isopure smoothie (32g protein)

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4014932

For lunch I had a sugar-free Jello cup and a zero carb Isopure Water (40g protein). The Apple Melon is pretty good.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2612796

My doctor said that these were perfect and the Water would be great for after surgery as well.

I'm sure tonight will be the worst but I know I can DO this. My surgery date is 4/9 so there is no turning back now. I'm ready for my new "soon to be skinny" life to begin :D

I'm on Day2 of my 5day liquid diet. I'm not really 'hungry', because I'm doing lots of Protein. But I do miss the crunch of something. One good thing out of all of this, is that I now know what 'head hunger' is. So if/when it happens after my surgery on Monday, I will be able to recognize it. I walked into whole foods yesterday, and decided that I was going to cancel my surgery, because I really wanted to just eat! Well, I got myself together, and realized that it was just the food aromas beckoning to me, and that's how I got this way in the first place. I just came out with my puree Soups and almond milk.

I also mix a sugar free carnation breakfast, with a scoop of vanilla whey protein, a cup of 1% milk, some ice cubes, and a tsp of almond or vanilla extract. I blend it all up, and it's quite yummy. So I can honestly say that I'm not hungry, but I miss food. I thought I had gotten it all out of my system, because I completed my bucket list Monday night.

But as I tell myself every single hour.....this is a means to an end, and the beginning of a brand new life. That's the only thing that's going to get me through the next 3 days. And I'm so thankful that it's only 5 days, and not 10 days, or even 2 weeks. And I'm also thankful that I don't have to do a bowel prep the day before.

I just started my diet today. So far it's not too bad.

For breakfast I had a Isopure smoothie (32g protein)

http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=4014932

For lunch I had a sugar-free Jello cup and a zero carb Isopure Water (40g protein). The Apple Melon is pretty good.

http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=2612796

My doctor said that these were perfect and the Water would be great for after surgery as well.

I'm sure tonight will be the worst but I know I can DO this. My surgery date is 4/9 so there is no turning back now. I'm ready for my new "soon to be skinny" life to begin :D

thats not too, bad! my problem is they want to restirct my Protein to 20 grams a day..ugh I called to confrim and they said yes that was the right amount. They say they do this to "Shrink" the liver for an easier surgery !! I guess what ever it is I will follow it..what ever I have to do right!!

trying to find Protein drinks with only 10 grams of Protein isnt easy..

I'm on Day2 of my 5day liquid diet. I'm not really 'hungry', because I'm doing lots of Protein. But I do miss the crunch of something. One good thing out of all of this, is that I now know what 'head hunger' is. So if/when it happens after my surgery on Monday, I will be able to recognize it. I walked into whole foods yesterday, and decided that I was going to cancel my surgery, because I really wanted to just eat! Well, I got myself together, and realized that it was just the food aromas beckoning to me, and that's how I got this way in the first place. I just came out with my puree Soups and almond milk.

I also mix a sugar free carnation Breakfast, with a scoop of vanilla whey Protein, a cup of 1% milk, some ice cubes, and a tsp of almond or vanilla extract. I blend it all up, and it's quite yummy. So I can honestly say that I'm not hungry, but I miss food. I thought I had gotten it all out of my system, because I completed my bucket list Monday night.

But as I tell myself every single hour.....this is a means to an end, and the beginning of a brand new life. That's the only thing that's going to get me through the next 3 days. And I'm so thankful that it's only 5 days, and not 10 days, or even 2 weeks. And I'm also thankful that I don't have to do a bowel prep the day before.

way to stick to it!! you would have beat yourself up if you blew it...good job!! and good luck..

thats not too, bad! my problem is they want to restirct my Protein to 20 grams a day..ugh I called to confrim and they said yes that was the right amount. They say they do this to "Shrink" the liver for an easier surgery !! I guess what ever it is I will follow it..what ever I have to do right!!

trying to find Protein drinks with only 10 grams of Protein isnt easy..

Try the Atkins Advantage pre mixed Protein shakes. They have 15g Protein, and they are pretty tasty.

I am on day 6 of the liquid diet. I do get hungry but I am just trying to embrace my hunger! LOL!! One thing that helped me was the week before liquids I got off all carbs and sugar. I was really tired that week but now I feel great! Just starving!! Surgery set for Apr. 5 in San Antonio.

I am on day 4 the firt 3 days were brutal. I was so tried I would sleep till noon which is not me at all. I am feeling a bit better today still tired but wow I never expected this. The good thing is I am not hungry I just hope I can make it till April 12th my big day..We can do it......

I had to call my NUT because I was not feeling well at all with just this Protein. I take Iron and pottasium and it is hard on my stomach on top on that I take Tylenol w/codeine for a medical conditon. Se said I should eat an egg in the morning which is great. I just ate one now and I will have one boiled egg every day. I was just to wiped out..I feel better already and it was not a issue of being hungry.