Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im feeling really bad because I have been cheating on my 7 day liquid diet.

Im having surgery on thursday, and I have been eating food all thoughtout my 7 day liquid diet. And crazy thing is Im eating little bites of things and feel sick after I eat them because I think my stomach has shink by be on this diet.

Did anyone have this some problem? How did you deal with it?

Not to scare you, but I would be careful not following your surgeons request of the pre-op diet. I read this morning a post that someone was put on that diet, did not follow it and went in for the surgery and her surgeon sent her home. He knew that she had not followed the diet because she had gained and not lost and when he asked her, she told him.

He cancelled the surgery because the whole reason for the diet is to shrink your liver so the surgery is safer.

Try to stick to the diet. It will only benefit you and the last thing you want is for your surgery to be cancelled.

Good luck!

Kelly

Ok Thank You.

Not to scare you, but I would be careful not following your surgeons request of the pre-op diet. I read this morning a post that someone was put on that diet, did not follow it and went in for the surgery and her surgeon sent her home. He knew that she had not followed the diet because she had gained and not lost and when he asked her, she told him.

He cancelled the surgery because the whole reason for the diet is to shrink your liver so the surgery is safer.

Try to stick to the diet. It will only benefit you and the last thing you want is for your surgery to be cancelled.

Good luck!

Kelly

I have a 2wk liquid diet, it's torture but you have to stick to it. If your liver doesn't shrink your doctor may not do your surgery. My dietician who works with my doctor suggested eating veggies with every shake because it would help relieve some of the hunger and the calorie intake would not be bad. (ex. a can of spinach is 30 calories I believe). That's a suggestion. I never thought veggies would taste so good lol. Good luck with your diet.

Hang in there and do your best to follow the diet. The sleeve is soooo worth it!

Thank you. My surgery is tomorrow I did hang in there, it was really hard tho. I wasnt eating meals. Taking little bites here and there.

Hang in there and do your best to follow the diet. The sleeve is soooo worth it!

Thank you for all of your responses. Its kind of funny, everyone thinks I have been pigging out.

NO PIGGING OUT for ME!!!! I have been on my liquid diet the whole 7 days but a couple of times, I took a bit of food.

I take a little bit of food here and there. NO MEALS at ALL!!!

I went to the doctors today, and the scale said I loss 3 pounds, which I know it should be more like 6 or 7 pounds.

A FEW POUNDS IS BETTER THAN NO POUNDS.

I'll admit that I cheated a little on my pre-op diet, but it is important to do it for the reasons everyone stated above as well as one more my doctor pointed out: It prepares you for the extremely strict regimen that comes after surgery. You do NOT want to cheat after surgery, so consider this practice time.

You can do it! Good luck! <3

I was put on a 4 week pre op diet, and the first 2 weeks went by not to hard at all, but the second two weeks oh man they were awful, i got just so bored having to eat basically the same thing over and over again, I hate eating the same thing like that, and then also the list of foods i was allowed...i didn't really like most of the veggies so it was really hard.. My surgery is on tuesday, and i've lost more then the required weight that they wanted me to loose so hopefully my cheating i did (was on the weekends when i was out and about mostly, and one of the days having to waitt 7 hours at the airport cause my mom's flight got delayed....ugggg cheating with gross vending machine sandwhichs just sucked but me and my husband were so hungry) doesn't hurt to much since i still lost the weight....but I know i should have been good, i just wish i had only had to do the 2 weeks that would have been so much easier cause it went by so quickly and i did so well those first two weeks....

They put me on the slim fast diet for the 4 weeks, had to do 4 instead of 2 because of how high my bmi is....unfortionately i'm not that much of a chocolate fan...(I mean yea i like chocolate but not as 5 meals a day...thats just overboard) .so yea slimfast products are like almost all chocolate especially the bars....i'm suppose to have 5 slim fast products a day including bars and shakes, and then i can eat 1 small meal, of 5 oz of lean meat and 2 cups of veggies. I guess the slimfast diet is better then just a liquid diet...but it still sucked.....I just started getting so sick to my stomach eating those dang slim fast bars, some of them are ok, when your craving a candy bar, but other then that, its not a meal fix its a craving for a candy bar fix......i found one of the shakes at least that i liked the cappacino one, but only suppose to have 2 of the meal items a day the other three had to be the 100 calorie basically candy bars...with only 1 g of Protein, i don't know what thats suppose to do.......and reading about the surgeries getting cancelled cause the dang liver didn't shrink enough, it just seems pointless i don't think i would be able to go through with it again if that happened.....i'd think it wasn't meant to be, and i'd be extremely pissed....I may have cheated some, but i stayed away from mostly everything i was suppose to stay away from, i traded some of the meals with similar calorie and higher protein items, and for the most part stayed within the 1200 calories, and i didn't touch a soda not once, and i lost 5 % of my weight like they required plus an extra couple of pounds......so regardless of my cheating i think i did good, so yea for all who cheated....damn it we need food to live, we're not alcoholics who don't need the damn alcohol to live, but we need the food to live so its really alot harder to give up i think we have it the hardest of any addiction, you can't just stop eating.....you need food to live....so be proud of yourself if for the most part you did good, or you think you did good, and other then that, well screw it.....i'm just kinda rambling right now...its 2 in the morning and i don't usually stay up this late so who knows if what i'm writing makes any since...but anyways just a ramblings of a girl who wants a baby and is getting her stomach cut out to hopefully get pregnant......so anyways good luck to all you pre ops out there, don't give up, try to stick with the damn awful pre op diets....and keep your heads up high, and be proud of yourself for doing your best and taking this next step into a healthy better happier longer life :)

I got send home on day of surgery because of a small weight gain and the doctor didn't think I took the preop diet seriously. It was a high Protein no carb diet. I was heartbroken and went crazy on sticking to it and lost some weight and finally got the surgery done. But I was devastated when it happened. I don't even like thinking about it. :P